• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Catman Redesign

Artistsean

Monkey Boy
Reaction score
catman_redesign_by_needham_comics-d7jcpmg.jpg

Thomas Blake was a millionaire living off his father's fortune. His father was a mean and abusive man, who wanted Thomas to be more of a man than a Momma's boy. He and his mother were abused emotionally and physically by him until her death. His mother had died years earlier of suicide. On a hunting expedition with his father, who taught him hunting and how to be a man, Thomas remembered everything. His father killed his mother and nearly killed Thomas. In a battle Thomas killed his father. Realizing what he had done he ran off into the jungles of Africa. At first he did whatever he could to stay alive, and then he started attacking. Years later Thomas was found alive when he attacked and killed some hunter hunting illegally like he and his father had been years ago. Living among the wild cats in the jungle and the other wild animals, alone, for so long, Thomas seemed more animal than man. He eventually started talking and walking like a man again, acting more like a human should. Time passed and Thomas seemed like anyone else, but he still felt he didn't belong. Then he started hearing about and looking into Batman and the other vigilantes in Gotham. Finally, he thought, his calling. So he made a costume out of light and tiger skins, fashioning it similar to the Batman. But when he started dishing out his brand of violence and justice he was seen as a monster and a villain because he was still stuck in his kill or be killed jungle ways. This didn't sway Thomas however, he saw nothing wrong with his brand of justice. He decided he wouldn't live by society's laws or unwritten codes and ethics anymore.Thomas is one of the world's top hunters and trackers, his combat skills put him in the top 20, and he is at the top of his weight class in strength and speed.
For his costume I went with more found items type stuff. He makes his costume using animal skins and pelts. His pants and boots and gloves are leather, etc. He uses guns but his weapon of choice, what he got most accustomed to in the jungle were blades and sharp weapons. While he may not be an expert in several forms of fighting like Batman, he did train in fighting from childhood, his father hoped that would make him a man. And he learned how to be vicious in the jungles. So his fighting style is more like whatever attacks it takes to survive.
I imagine that over time he would modify his costume and maybe eventually have a more "costume" looking costume with body armor. This is more year One.
He is almost a parallel of Oliver Queen, he was trapped on an island for years and had to fight or die. Only this time the horrific situation broke him. I guess.
the lion head might be a tad too much, but I thought if he was a hunter who lived with the cats and wanted to make a threatening looking helmet he would use a lion. When I was researching I saw pictures of Hercules wearing a Lion head, and went from there. But i think if I redid this i would make it a lioness or cougar head. Something simpler. Thanks. This is sort of a Year One design anyway, and I can imagine a cool visual of Catman climbing, hanging, and standing on rooftops with his lion headdress.

I'd say to stay away from soft psd brushes, especially for concept art. They make it difficult to discern the lines and definition of the design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"