Catwoman's new baby is named...

sinewave

Avenger
Reaction score
Spoiler warning

Helena!

Not only that, but
Bruce said he'd give her a scholarship to the college of her choice. Sounds like he's the baby-daddy and it's eerily similar to the E-2 versions of the characters.

Just so you know, you might wanna start with the word Spoiler and some spacing in your post, when you just mouse over the thread title, all the words show up clear as day;)

And either way
Bruce does that with a lot of kids actually, or he has. He just really likes making sure kids are taken care of

I'd say that makes Bruce the reighning man ****e champion of DC. His illigitimate child count (since Morrison seems to be bringing Son Of the Demon back into continuity) would be two if Catwoman's child is his, and Green Arrow's is only one. I'd also love to see Ibn and Helena growing up together:

Helena: Yeah....well.....by grandad was a crime boss!

Ibn: And mine was an international terrorist!

Helena: ......YOU'RE A MEANY!!!!

You could just edit and put a bunch of spaces in front of what you typed.

just edit your original post and hit enter a lot at the start of it, pushing your text down

Why would they name her Helena..? There's already a Helena in the DCU..:confused: :(

same reason why Magpie is dead. They're getting rid of the post CoIE

twylight said:
Why would they name her Helena..? There's already a Helena in the DCU..:confused: :(

So, there can only be one person named Helena in the entire world?

Assassin said:
same reason why Magpie is dead. They're getting rid of the post CoIE

Which, I think, is a VERY big mistake.

But Huntress is still around. There'll just be two Helena's. It should be easy to tell them apart;)

No, its not that there 'can't' be two Helena's, I just think it's odd, since Helena Bertinelli took the place of Helena Wayne (Pre-Crisis Catwoman's Daughter).

Seems like a step backwards, from all that DC's built up, to name the daughter of Catwoman, Helena.

Someones nostalgic, and tripping down sentimental trail. :o

twylight said:
No, its not that there 'can't' be two Helena's, I just think it's odd, since Helena Bertinelli took the place of Helena Wayne (Pre-Crisis Catwoman's Daughter).

Seems like a step backwards, from all that DC's built up, to name the daughter of Catwoman, Helena.

I'm agree with Twy, here. While I can completely see the ties to Earth-2, I can't say I'm at all pleased with Helena being the baby's name. Exactly what does this mean more post-Infinite Crisis Huntress? Anything at all, or a wheezy attempt to breath life back into the multiverse...:(

twylight said:

Well, if the child is a product of Catwoman and Batman makin' sweet lovin' to one another down by the fire, naming the child Helena seems like an obvious nod. It's not a step backwards. At least, not in the way that Superman: Birthright was.

The Question said:
Well, if the child is a product of Catwoman and Batman makin' sweet lovin' to one another down by the fire, naming the child Helena seems like an obvious nod. It's not a step backwards. At least, not in the way that Superman: Birthright was.

It's too obvious of a nod. And if that's the case I think it's done in bad form. DC HAS a Helena..HAS a Huntress, naming a child from Catwoman and Batman "Helena" is like trying to force us to remember the Pre-Crisis Huntress.

We're fan's, we don't NEED to be reminded of that. We don't NEED a Helena Wayne. We don't even need a Helena from Selina.

It feels like DC is forcing us to remember Pre-Crisis and it's uncomfortable feeling.

I don't see it as FORCING us to remember it, I see it as an homage to things. When you think about it, Helena won't really be that involved in anything being only a baby. You'll barely even see her. It's more just a nod to some things working out the same.

Batman prob. shared the earth 2 storys with Selina that earth 2 superman shared w/ him.

twylight said:
It's too obvious of a nod. And if that's the case I think it's done in bad form. DC HAS a Helena..HAS a Huntress, naming a child from Catwoman and Batman "Helena" is like trying to force us to remember the Pre-Crisis Huntress.

We're fan's, we don't NEED to be reminded of that. We don't NEED a Helena Wayne. We don't even need a Helena from Selina.

It feels like DC is forcing us to remember Pre-Crisis and it's uncomfortable feeling.

I understand. Still, as long as baby Helena doesn't become Huntress, I'll be fine with it.

Tamanon said:
I don't see it as FORCING us to remember it, I see it as an homage to things. When you think about it, Helena won't really be that involved in anything being only a baby. You'll barely even see her. It's more just a nod to some things working out the same.

But with all the work they went through to wipe out the Pre-Crisis stuff why make it so some thing do work out the same?

twylight said:

Well, the current DCU is an amalgamation of various Earth's but it's also supposed to be an amalgamation of different timelines. In the Return of Donna Troy #4, it was learned that the future for the merged universe wrong, meaning that the end result of COIE was incomplete. It seems as a result of Infinite Crisis, that future will come to pass, quite possibly along a similar, but different track that Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman took in Earth 2. In a sense, some people from Earth 2 didn't cease to exist--they just haven't been born yet. Also, Helena Bertinelli is from Earth 8, which cements the fact that there was more than one version of certain heroes like the Flash, Green Lantern, Robin, etc. Besides, there were already references to Earth 2 long before Selina giving birth to a "Helena" such as the JSA, Power Girl, Superman being married to Lois Lane, etc.

The Question said:
I understand. Still, as long as baby Helena doesn't become Huntress, I'll be fine with it.

Thank you just as long as my Grandchildren don't see her as Huntress I'm happy. :up:

At least we can both agree on that....;)

On my part I can accept the baby's name as Helena, but I'm not to happy about it. *I have to pick my fights. ;)*

However, if the baby does turn out to be Bruce's it will be intolerable and I shall stand outside DC's HQ and picket.

The Question said:

Not in our lifetime. Tim Drake aged 2 years in 15 years

twylight said:
Thank you just as long as my Grandchildren don't see her as Huntress I'm happy. :up:

At least we can both agree on that....;)

On my part I can accept the baby's name as Helena, but I'm not to happy about it. *I have to pick my fights. ;)*

However, if the baby does turn out to be Bruce's it will be intolerable and I shall stand outside DC's HQ and picket.

Oh it won't be Bruce's, I'm positive of that. The name is probably just a tease and it'll be one of the Bradleys I'm thinking. Or maybe just someone new.

Or isn't Dick Grayson a man-****e again?;)

Tamanon said:
Oh it won't be Bruce's, I'm positive of that. The name is probably just a tease and it'll be one of the Bradleys I'm thinking. Or maybe just someone new.

Or isn't Dick Grayson a man-****e again?;)

It's one of my fears, I'm hoping DC isn't as stupid as that....

I'm pretty sure it'll be Slam's, out of the two Bradley's. :up:

:eek:

Well...he did
break it off with Babs
:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija