Cavill Exposed To Cold Light Of Day

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28500

Comic books might be the flavour of the decade, but some genres are truly immortal. Take, for example, the kidnapping drama, which is popping its eager head out of the bag for another run around our cinema screens as Henry Cavill commits to star in The Cold Light of Day.

According to the Heat Vision blog, Cavill will play an arrogant Wall Street type who wrenches himself from his symbiotic relationship with his desk to suffer the indignity of a holiday with his family in Spain.

But then real tragedy strikes: his significant other and spawn are kidnapped and, instead of sitting back in a deck chair with a pint of sangria, he dives headlong into a twisty conspiracy that involves both the government and a long-hidden, dangerous secret from his father’s past. Can he save his loved ones? Will he be forced at any point to buy a straw donkey and a novelty sombrero? Only JCVD director Mabrouk El Mechri knows for sure. Because he’s directing it. So we’re sure he’s read the ending.

Unless, that is, current writer Richard Price (Shaft) has changed it from the original penned by Scott Wiper and John Petro.

Cavill, of course, is best known for his role on TV drama The Tudors, though he’s cropped up in the likes of I Capture the Castle, Stardust and Whatever Works.

The Cold Light of Day will start filming this September in Spain

I like these kinds of movies, borrowing a bit of Frantic by the sound of things as well.

Cavill was in Stardust?! I don't remember seeing him in that, maybe I should rent that again via Netflix.

Also, Cavill needs to play Supes!!! :grin:

Could be cool. JCVD is still on my need to watch list though

Awesome looking poster & nice to see Henry Cavill getting more roles in movies.

Not a fan of the poster. looks like a direct to DVD film.

It would be an okay poster if Willis and Weaver didn't appear so awkwardly in it.

Also, in reference to this article:
Bruce Willis and Sigourney Weaver Join JVCD Director’s The Cold Light of Day

I know it's just a typo, but I find it funny when people manage to misspell acronyms, because you're essentially misspelling letters. :D

Unless of course he's referencing a movie I don't know about; one that stars Jean Vlad Cannes Damme.

Last edited:
Coming soon to a Wal Mart Discount DVD Bin near you!

Doesn't look bad, though, I will more then likely wait for netflix to watch.

Looks pretty good. Though I wish they would stop spoiling character deaths in trailers.

Not sure if I'll see it in theaters, but if the buzz is good, then I might.

Well, in that case, don't worry about it. They didn't show anyone actually die but there was a certain shot in the trailer that made me pretty sure one of the characters bites it.

Well, in that case, don't worry about it. They didn't show anyone actually die but there was a certain shot in the trailer that made me pretty sure one of the characters bites it.

... which one! TELL ME! :cmad:

:hehe:

Seriously, i've watched the trailer 4 times now and not once did I see what you could be referring too other than Cavill's jump off the roof... and he's blatantly not going to die :p

EDIT... OMG, I just got it on the 5th veiwing, and now I TOTALLY see what you mean :lmao:

Though do you think the whole 'did you set me up' line means he DIDNT die? Or is it a flashback or something.

Last edited:
Judging by that end shot he's already in Superman mode in this! :D

... which one! TELL ME! :cmad:

:hehe:

Seriously, i've watched the trailer 4 times now and not once did I see what you could be referring too other than Cavill's jump off the roof... and he's blatantly not going to die :p

EDIT... OMG, I just got it on the 5th veiwing, and now I TOTALLY see what you mean :lmao:

Though do you think the whole 'did you set me up' line means he DIDNT die? Or is it a flashback or something.

Sorry about that. Yeah, I'm thinking the "set me up" scene is a flashback or something. Maybe not though. It just seems like
Bruce probably gets killed in the car because other than that scene with Weaver, the rest of the trailer appears to be Cavill on his own or with the girl.

Yeah that does seem to be right... Why else would he be stuck with that briefcase not knowing what to do?

Unless it seems like he died, and he's actually not dead, and he later confronts Weaver about whether she 'set him up'.

Yeah, maybe. That's a pretty sh**ty thing to do to your son though... just desert him while people are trying to kill him.

This movie looks pretty good, I might go see it. It's got a cool cast, that's for sure.

Posted these on the Superman boards, but better put em up here too :)

From Total Film (thanks to Mr Cavill.com)

TotalFilm-March2012_1.jpg

TotalFilm-March2012_2-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"