Center for Biological Diversity - Take Extinction Off Your Plate

When I ordered that buffalo chicken sub for dinner, I doubled the meat in it, but I didn't triple it. Hence, I reduced my meat consumption by 1/3 as the TEOYP website advised. So, we're all on the same page. I feel better now.

lol

When I ordered that buffalo chicken sub for dinner, I doubled the meat in it, but I didn't triple it. Hence, I reduced my meat consumption by 1/3 as the TEOYP website advised. So, we're all on the same page. I feel better now.

Give this man the Nobel Peace Prize! :up:

:huh: Chill out man. My reply to Dark sentinel was meant more of a joke than an "emotional pleas". And all I did was posting a research from the Center for Biological Diversity, not something I came up with. Don't see what's wrong with that.
Why? You've already said one of your tools is to emotionally manipulate people into not eating meat in the past. Why should I expect this to be a joke now?
A hoax eh..? Ok suit yourself.

How is it expensive to produce when you claim that it is a hoax?
Of course it is expensive, that's happens all the time with innovation and new technology. In time the prices will go down.
Take a read for yourself then.

Reducing costs is one major issue — he estimated that if production could be scaled up, cultured beef made as this one burger was made would cost more than $30 a pound.
That was in August of 2013. I really doubt the cost of ariticial meat has so suddenly decreased it can be made into a $5 box of chicken nuggets.

It also requires artificial hormones, something for you and the other vegans to later further your meat is bad for you mantra. "Since it's artificial, it must not be good for you. Go eat some plants instead."

Yeah, beware of those evil vegans, they have an agenda to rule the world and force every man and child to cut meat, otherwise the their torture will be seeing beautiful images of burgers and stakes while being tied up. Yeah, human rights are totally in danger from the "dark vegan agenda". :meanie:
Come on man, I don't get your anger about a research like this.
I have no problem with lab grown meats or reducing meat consumption or ethical meat as I've said many, many, many times. However you and many other vegans have this very aggressive, very ultimatium approach that no one should ever eat meat. That we don't need it, that it is bad for us, that it is evil, basically. No one has used the word evil just yet, but you dance around it.

I'm not angry, just at a point I'm annoyed that every time I see a vegan make this kind of claim (meat is murder, meat is bad for you) I have an automatic response of :doh: and resisting the urge to refute every last point in a futile effort to show that it's a flawed, wrong argument.

That meat is necessary to a proper diet is lost on you. That people can and have lived exclusively on meat for dozens if not not hundreds of generations is lost on you or completely ignored because it disproves that meat is so terrible it will kill you.

Forgive me if I start sounding like your polar opposite. I'm not arguing against eating more vegetables or that meat is always good for you or that anything you say is invalid. Most of it is very much hyperbole and flawed however.

Why? You've already said one of your tools is to emotionally manipulate people into not eating meat in the past. Why should I expect this to be a joke now?
Take a read for yourself then.

Say whaaa...? Are you sure that's exactly what I said? And yes it was still meant as a joke :dry:
Jesus...

That was in August of 2013. I really doubt the cost of ariticial meat has so suddenly decreased it can be made into a $5 box of chicken nuggets.

It also requires artificial hormones, something for you and the other vegans to later further your meat is bad for you mantra. "Since it's artificial, it must not be good for you. Go eat some plants instead."

This research might have financial and testing shortcomings right now but that doesn't mean it is a hoax like you referred in your previous post. Who knows, science advances rapidly. Things change.
Um, how does the opinion of Vegans affect those who eat meat, natural or "artificial hormone" :huh:
No matter what Vegans claim, people are still gonna eat whatever the hell they want. So, I don't get your point.

I have no problem with lab grown meats or reducing meat consumption or ethical meat as I've said many, many, many times. However you and many other vegans have this very aggressive, very ultimatium approach that no one should ever eat meat. That we don't need it, that it is bad for us, that it is evil, basically. No one has used the word evil just yet, but you dance around it.

I'm not angry, just at a point I'm annoyed that every time I see a vegan make this kind of claim (meat is murder, meat is bad for you) I have an automatic response of :doh: and resisting the urge to refute every last point in a futile effort to show that it's a flawed, wrong argument.

That meat is necessary to a proper diet is lost on you. That people can and have lived exclusively on meat for dozens if not not hundreds of generations is lost on you or completely ignored because it disproves that meat is so terrible it will kill you.

Forgive me if I start sounding like your polar opposite. I'm not arguing against eating more vegetables or that meat is always good for you or that anything you say is invalid. Most of it is very much hyperbole and flawed however.

Dude, I didn't mention anything aggressive or attack anyone here. I just posted a news article without offending anyone. Did you read it at all? The article doesn't mention that we should not eat meat. Just that we should reduce it. I know very well people have lived for generations eating meat, I myself ate meat for 29 years and all my family and relatives are meat eaters. But again, this is not the point of the article.

And though it’s doubtful that the world will go vegetarian any time soon, the Center for Biological Diversity claims merely reducing the amount of meat each person consumes could go a long way toward easing the pressure on wildlife.

Last edited:
The grown meat story is obviously a hoax because uh... April Fools? Sometimes I look too hard to prove a hoax instead of just looking at the by-line. :o

McDonald's to Add Lab-Grown 'Chicken' McNuggets to its Menu
by Tafline Laylin, 04/01/14
filed under: "april fools", Animals, News, Sustainable Food

The grown meat story is obviously a hoax because uh... April Fools? Sometimes I look too hard to prove a hoax instead of just looking at the by-line. :o

OK I see, the MacDonalds stuff is fake. But that doesn't mean that lab grown meat won't happen anytime in the future.

I never said it wouldn't. I said the idea McDonald's was going to be using it was fake.

I never said it wouldn't. I said the idea McDonald's was going to be using it was fake.

:doh: I thought you were referring to the concept of lab grown meat generally as a hoax. Glad we clarified this.

:doh: I thought you were referring to the concept of lab grown meat generally as a hoax. Glad we clarified this.
now-kiss-l_zps69f6b394.png

http://www.today.com/food/today-puts-meatless-meat-test-does-it-taste-chicken-1D79579619

Video in the link.

TODAY puts 'meatless' meat to the test: Does it taste like chicken?
Video: Some big names in technology, including Bill Gates and the founders of Twitter, think they’ve figured out a way to get the masses to eat mock meat, and they’re betting it could change the world. NBC’s Craig Melvin reports.

Bill Gates and the founders of Twitter are betting millions that meat lovers will embrace a new plant-based product that mimics the taste of chicken and beef.

Meat substitutes have had a hard time making it to the dinner tables of Americans over the years, but the tech giants believe these newest products will pass the "tastes like chicken" test. Gates has met several times with Ethan Brown, whose product, Beyond Meat, is a mash-up of proteins from peas and plants. Just don't call it "fake" meat.

Ethan Brown, here in his Missouri plant, doesn't like to call his product "fake" meat.
"I sort of bristle at the use of the word 'fake,''' Brown told TODAY's Craig Melvin during a tour of his Columbia, Mo. plant. "I just completely disagree with that. It is an assembly of amino acids, fats and water that is just like what you get out of an animal, so in my view, it is meat
."

The TODAY anchors taste-tested Beyond Meat Friday to see if they could tell animal from the plant. They guessed wrong for the chicken and beef, and they are not alone: Gates blogged that he was "impressed" by Beyond Meat's chicken and couldn't tell the difference.

One creative use for Beyond Meat which, when tested by the TODAY anchors, tasted a lot like real meat.
A key ingredient comes from a pea extract that undergoes a proprietary process

"It's just very clean, so there's no starch with it, and there's very little fat,'' Brown said about the primary ingredient. "It's all protein, so it's been extracted from the pea."

The difficulty now comes in finding a way to convince carnivores to switch.

"(Gates) said if you can drop the price of this well below meat and get international distribution, you can make a real contribution to human nutrition,'' Brown said. "For me, it's really been about getting the texture right so its seamless for people. They can put it right in their favorite dish."

The company also plans to come out with a hamburger alternative this summer. The product includes no cholesterol, hormones or trans fats.

Beyond Meat is part of a growing trend that will see more plant-based meat substitutes hitting the market.
"It's convenient because it's already cooked, so all you have to do is heat it up in a pan with a little bit of oil,'' Brown said

Gates and Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang have invested in another plant-based food-tech company with an eye towards breaking into the $177 billion meat market. San Francisco-based start-up Hampton Creek Foods also uses a plant-based formula to replicate another staple: eggs. The company recently raised more than $30 million from private investors based on the promise of its egg-less mayonnaise.

"It's growing trend,'' industry expert Brian Todd told TODAY. "More and more, they're looking to appeal to the vegetarian audience and the wider audience of consumers who are interested in healthier products
."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"