CFE's 100 Comic Book Movie Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bat-Mania

From April 5th to the end of the month, CFE chronicles the Dark Knight's 71 year career with:

Personal Essays
Retrospectives on each decade of the comic books

And Reviews for:

The Films
The TV Shows
The Animation
The Soundtracks/Scores
The Video Games
The Parodies
The Fan Films

It begins in SHH's Bat-World, at It's Just Movies.com and Facebook...

Tomorrow.

[YT]2JRAKq7Aal4[/YT]

Iron Man II (2010)

15021_395147663210_691633210_391573.jpg

Directed by ... Jon Favreau
Written by ... Justin Theroux
Based on the Marvel Comics Character created by ... Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Larry Lieber and Don Heck

Executive Produced by ... Jon Favreau, Louis D'Esposito, Susan Downey, Stan Lee, Alan Fine, David Maisel and Denis L. Stewert
Produced by ... Kevin Feige, Victoria Alonso and Jeremy Latcham
Cinematography by ... Matthew Libatique
Production Design by ... J. Michael Riva
Editing by ... Dan Lebental and Richard Pearson
Art Direction by ... David F. Klassen, Page Buckner, Michael E. Goldman and Suzan Wexler
Costume Design by ... Mary Zophres
Original Motion Picture Score Composed by ... John Debney

Robert Downey Jr. ... Tony Stark/Iron Man
Don Cheadle ... Lt. Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes/War Machine
Scarlett Johansson ... Natalie Rushman/Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
Gwyneth Paltrow ... Pepper Potts
Sam Rockwell ... Justin Hammer
Mickey Rourke ... Ivan Vanko/Whiplash
Samuel L. Jackson ... Colonel Nick Fury
Clark Gregg ... Agent Coulson
John Slattery ... Howard Stark
Jon Favreau ... Happy Hogan
Paul Bettany ... Jarvis (voice)
Kate Mara ... U.S. Marshal
Leslie Bibb ... Christine Everhart
Garry Shandling ... Senator Stern
Christiane Amanpour ... Herself
Philippe Bergeron ... Detective Lemieux
James Bethea ... Security Force #1
Michael Bruno ... Security Force #2
Katie Clark ... Expo Fan
Luminita Docan ... Russian Newscaster
François Duhamel ... French Photographer
Larry Ellison ... Himself
Adam Goldstein ... Himself
Tim Guinee ... Major Allen
Eric L. Haney ... General Meade
Yevgeni Lazarev ... Anton Vanko
Stan Lee ... Himself
Isaiah Guyman Martin IV ... AV Operator
Helena Mattsson ... Rebecca
Keith Middlebrook ... Expo Cop
Anya Monzikova ... Rebeka
Margy Moore ... Bambi Arbogast
Olivia Munn ... Chess Roberts
Elon Musk ... Himself
Alejandro Patino ... Strawberry Vendor
Davin Ransom ... Young Tony Stark​

Billionaire Tony Stark must contend with deadly issues involving the government, his own friends, as well as new enemies due to his superhero alter ego Iron Man.

-----------------------------------------

By this point, the Comic Book Movie has become an integral component of the Summer Movie lexicon. Today, it’s as expected at the box office as popcorn and annoying children…so much so that they’re certainly among the most anticipated releases year in and year out.

This is clearly why, for most audiences, the theatre going need remained dormant until the back to back releases of “Kick-Ass” and “The Losers” back in April.

But if there’s one thing fans and audiences look forward to even more than seeing these legendary characters being brought to the flesh-bound realm of the silver screen…it’s seeing those characters come for a second helping in the inevitable sequel.

And as far as Shellhead was concerned, the anticipation was downright staggering.

With 2008’s “Iron Man,” actor-turned-director Jon Favreau (“Zathura,” “Elf”) had established a tone in super hero storytelling that was quite unique…specifically based on the attention to naturalistic improv brought to the table by his cast and his thoughtful approach to the importance of staying true to the character’s comic book roots both visually as well as aesthetically.

As the first project under the new banner of “Marvel Studios,” It had successfully resuscitated the House of Ideas as a major player following a string of moneymakers like the “Fantastic Four” films and third installments in the ‘X-Men’ and ‘Spider-Man’ lines that didn’t (arguably) hold up as much with fans as it did the grosses and ultimately, it more often than not ranks with comic book enthusiasts as one of the best the sub-genre has to offer.

No pressure.

Enter “Iron Man II,” the first film (no offense, “A Nightmare on Elm Street”) to definitively kick off the 2010 Summer Movie Season.

A mere six months after his blazen debut and subsequent outing of his armored persona to the world, Anthony ‘Tony’ Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is living the high life, in more ways than one. His appeal to the masses has increased since revealing that he’s Iron Man (a refreshing departure from the ‘secret identity’ taboo) and in order to keep up the appearance of his ego-centric Pop-CEO demeanor he’s resurrected the Stark Industries Expo…a year-long hosting event to display a pantheon of cutting edge technology from around the world. It’s a completely different story behind closed doors, however. Turns out the personalized Arc Reactor…the very component keeping him alive after his near-fatal endeavor in Gulmira…is slowly degenerating his health; killing him in the paradoxical essence.

As a result, Stark has become an emotional enigma…taking thoughtless risks, displaying shameful public behavior and alienating former assistant turned new Stark Industries CEO ‘Pepper’ Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) and Army Colonel buddy James Rhodes (Don Cheadle, replacing Terrence Howard in the role) in the process.

Meanwhile, bitter Russian physicist Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke) has set out on his own personal vendetta against Iron Man…creating his own Arc Reactor (turns out his father was a partner to Howard Stark in formulating the technology) and declaring vengeance against the bloodstained Stark Family legacy…an ambition quickly recognized and manipulated by rival CEO Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell) to destroy both Tony and Iron Man for his own personal gain.

For me personally, Favreau’s “Iron Man” films boil down to this.

Approaching them as a Film Enthusiast, I much prefer the storytelling, characterization and structure of the first film.

But as a Comic Book Fanboy, “Iron Man II” excels for me.

Between more involvement with S.H.I.E.L.D., the appearance of a VERY sexy Scarlet Johannsen as Black Widow and the teases involving two other forthcoming members of the Avengers…I was beaming the entire time.

And c’mon…freakin’ WAR MACHINE! Finally getting War Machine in there was obviously expected, but it’s a completely different story when you’re finally faced with seeing him on screen firing that mini-gun…DAMN!

Now, in my own opinion, I think a lot of people who don’t feel the film to be that strong might’ve missed the intent of the piece. Then again maybe I’m not approaching it correctly, but this is what I got out of it.

“Iron Man II” intentionally eases off of the action, yes…in a physical sense.

But I really don’t think that’s the focal point of the film. I mean at this point, action and slam bang visuals are a given for a comic book action/adventure extravaganza…so much so that they shouldn’t be the main attraction anymore.

Again this might just be me, but I truly think “Iron Man II” was a more character-driven film than the first. It takes a richer…if not necessarily broader…look at Tony Stark and I think the film is ultimately a character-analysis both of him and what taking on this responsibility both means to him and those around him.

For Pepper, it means being an emotional wreck both in the public professional sense as well as the private romantic one. For Rhodey it means being torn between his friendship with Tony and his duty to the United States Government.

Ultimately, I see “Iron Man II” as a redemption story...albeit a more happy go-lucky incarnation.

The pressure manifested by the US Senate, the greed and ingenuity of others and his own mortality causes a fall from grace…

One of the standout sequences of the film involves Iron Man having a throwdown in his own Malibu Mansion with Rhodey…decked out in the Chrome Mark II armor. Initially hilarious as Stark and Rhodey wail on each other to the beat of Queen’s “Another One Bites The Dust,” it immediately builds an emotional undercurrent personified by the image of Stark scaring off his guests in a drunken rage as they look on at their supposed ‘hero.’ It’s clearly identified as Stark looks at his own reflection in the window that this is a man at the end of his rope…shattered by the foreboding insistence of death and the power-mad desire of everyone else to reap the benefits of his technology for nefarious or selfish reasons…which would contradict his decision to NOT be recognized simply as a war monger.

However, through interfacing with his loved ones (including his own father from the bowels of the past in a lovely scene of Stark watching a nostalgic film reel) and taking his fate into his own hands rather than submitting to a death wish or the vanity and vengeance of others, Stark reassures that the emphasis is truly more on the ‘Man’…and not the ‘Iron.’

The subsequent action, to me, then feels more story and character-based (with the exception of the climax…more on that later)…which is refreshingly different from the staple nature of, say, the F-22 sequence in the first film.

A distinct example is the Monaco sequence.

This wasn’t simply a one on one between Iron Man and Vanko and I was delighted to see the affection of Pepper and Happy Hogan (Favreau making an appearance of his own) emerge in aiding their friend in the battle…as much as they could anyway.

The cast of the film does exceptionally well (for the most part) given the various circumstances and elements they had to work with.

Again, the most welcome member is the star himself as Robert Downey Jr. provides another wonderful turn as the Industrialist Super Hero. Truly, Stark was the role Downey was born to play as a self-absorbed moneymaking bum sobered and resurrected into prominence (art imitating life) and it’s terrific to see him in his newfound prime with a string of well-deserved hits.

I love that Stark isn’t the typical hero-persona…he’s not traditionally noble in the Superman vein nor is he plagued by the emotional issues of tragedy or adolescence like Batman and Spider-Man respectively. With the gusto of claiming a privatization of peace coupled with a public display of elbow-rubbing and eccentric sunglasses-accompanied narcissism (“Agreed”) Stark is a mixed bag from a character standpoint.

The sight of him, fully armored and fully plastered, definitely sets up an interesting question as to where this character is going (not to mention it’s an obvious nod to the iconic ‘Demon In A Bottle’ storyline from the comics). I’m sure we can all assume that the full-on hero will emerge somewhere down the line and finally do away with the ego-driven eccentricities but it’s unique to see a hero that has to deal with the advantages and consequences of being a public figurehead and Downey once again brings much needed heart and humor to the role. In many ways there’s more subtle dimension here (which I’m sure is to make up for the fact that there isn’t a visible character arc like in the first film) and he’s easily the focus of the picture…which is only correct, being the title character and all.

The remainder of the cast, given the bravado of Robert’s presence, tries to register as best they can with mixed results.

Don Cheadle is a welcome addition as Rhodey and I have to say, there’s something quite unique here.

For the most part I’m not a fan of re-casting for established universes like this. To me, there was a chemistry between Terrence Howard and Robert that was lacking here with Howard’s departure.

But I gotta say…this is one of those rare occasions (like Maggie Gyllenhaal in “The Dark Knight”) where I wish the 2nd actor brought in had been here all along.

For me, Cheadle’s sense of being works more for Rhodey as a military man than Howard…and I believe in Cheadle being a Colonel far easier than the former. This isn’t to take away from Terrence, who’s a fine actor in his own right…but Don has this effervescent authority about him that I bought a bit better.

Mickey Rourke also makes quite the impression as Whiplash with his accent and creepy demeanor…and I gotta say he certainly is the only villain out of both films that actually feels like a genuine threat to Stark. Though I’ll admit…he went out like a chump in the final battle. But that Monaco confrontation was definitely his shining moment of badass-ness.

Scarlet Johannsen is definitely the key eye candy of the film, looking like she was pulled out of a 1945 cover of ‘Playboy’…complete with auburn waves of hair, full pouting lips and a collection of dresses and outfits that are more structurally amazing than the gadgetry and tech.

And who could ever forget Sam Jackson, who makes a heartier return to the proceedings as S.H.I.E.L.D. director Nick Fury? I’m glad Jackson was given more than cameo this time around, allowing us to get a better look at his personality and character as he makes his own attempt to get the ball rolling on getting Tony out of the depths of despair.

The weak links come in however, and most unfortunately, from Gwyneth Paltrow and Sam Rockwell.

For me, it doesn’t feel like there was anywhere for the Pepper character to go…as a result, Paltrow feels like she’s going through the motions (Not that she’s not a worthwhile actress…there’s just not a lot of meat in this role). Although it was nice to see development of any sort…which made her and Tony’s kiss (FINALLY some romantic interplay) seem quite motivated.

And just like Gwyneth, Sam Rockwell…despite being a brilliant actor (his performance as Sam Bell in last year’s ‘Moon’ is just staggeringly poetic), just flounders as Justin Hammer. I’m not sure if it was screenwriter Justin Theroux’s approach or Favreau’s (probably both) but this character just falls flat for me personally. He doesn’t feel like a viable corporate threat a la Jeff Bridges and his neurotic and compulsive attitude plays more obnoxious than villainous. I mean when he threatened Pepper while being carted away by the police? Didn’t buy it at all…that was like trying to believe Richard Pryor is a computer genius (“Superman III”) or Katie Holmes is a competent attorney (“Batman Begins”) or Kirsten Dunst is attractive (the “Spider-Man” films).

The whole Redemption angle and the concept of knocking God off his pedestal (personified by Rourke’s line of making a God ‘bleed’ in order to waver faith) is easily the backbone of the picture and I admire that…but I know that there are faults to the film.

How Vanko and Hammer join forces is just uninspired to me. I mean I can see that Vanko is only agreeing to side with Justin because of the resources that Hammer Industries would provide to indirectly aid Vanko’s own agenda…but that whole bit of kidnapping Vanko and sitting him down to dinner…what was that? And Vanko going on and on about his Cockatoo…Look, I’m all for tinges and nuiances that will layer a character but trying to get me to sympathize with Whiplash over a bird!? Maybe if they had worked more on the ‘Man in the Iron Mask’ angle of Vanko’s father being sent away to the dungeon while Stark was allowed to thrive, that would’ve worked better on an emotional level. Sadly, Vanko is never developed the way he should’ve been and it’s a shame…visually, seeing Rourke at the Prix wielding those electro-charged whips was awesome. But grounding his motivations would’ve made it all the better.

On a side note, tell me I’m not the only who thought Whiplash worked better visually in Monaco than he did at the end in that impromptu armor…sheesh!

The technical structure of “Iron Man II” is more than worthwhile and it aesthetically feels in line with the previous film (you know how changing the ranks of your crew can lead to artistic and design alterations) while being, in my own opinion, subtlety superior in some areas.

The cinematography from returning DP Matthew Libatique is simply gorgeous, especially in the more open locales like the Stark Expo and Monaco specifically. It’s more prisitine in appearance, more comic-bookish.

There’s also the production design of J. Michael Riva…who’s no stranger to the comic realm having designed the sets of both the original “Iron Man” as well as “Spider-Man III.” And his “Spider-Man III” eye can be seen quite clearly in the similarity between the textured set pieces of the NY Subway for Spidey and Sandman’s fight and the Stark Expo. Not literally similar, but his use of metal finishes and almost deco/Americana architecture is evident in both.

For the film’s musical score, I think the ante was sufficiently upped. Composed by John Debney (“The Passion Of The Christ,” “Sin City,”) the score is superior to the one composed by Ramin Djawadi for the first film…it’s just much more orchestral and emotional in my eyes.

To me, only by a hair (and this is more than arguable…even I’m not that sure), “Iron Man II” might very well be “Iron Man”s superior, although partly by default. The first movie was stuck with a pedantic origin story. However, the sequel had no shortage of possible paths to take. Which did it choose? The way you should always go; the road of characterization…as I had stated earlier. Rather than tediously expand upon its universe, “Iron Man II” simply reprises its dramatis personae and sticks them into situations graver than before, upping the ante but reiterating the overall heart and spirit of its predecessor. The characters are well-etched, each snappy exchange rendered with a mature pathos that contrasts with the spurious scenarios that they feature in between of. “Iron Man II” could easily be called a comedy, but the naturalism of the comedy is seamless; you get the sense that it would be impossible to write this movie without having these vibrant characters joke and jeer.

In the end, “Iron Man II” feels like a more than worthwhile step in the journey towards the inevitable “Avengers” construct…with more time, I’ll be able to determine more specifically where it truly ranks within the sub-genre.

A few fumbles here and there, sure…still, my faith in Favreau as a storyteller has yet to come into question…

I can say…with its attention to character and stylish, if not necessarily quantitative amount of action…that I’m satisfied enough to anticipate “Iron Man III” in earnest.

8/10

Very good review, possibly the best I have read on the film...I only disagree about Sam Rockwell. He wasn't intended to be a threat in the same way as the insidious Obadiah Stane, he is a silly little upstart who is far more dangerous than he appears. He's like Tony's annoying little brother, desperate to upsurp him. I thought Rockwell was great and very funny.

I'm surprised there's not a review for Kick-Ass here yet.

Soon enough, reviews for the following will be included:

"Kick-Ass"
"The Losers"
"Jonah Hex"
"Planet: Hulk"
"Batman: Under the Hood"
"Superman/Batman: Apocalypse"

As well as other upcoming releases like "Red," "Green Lantern," etc.

Coool....I almost bought Under the Hood today, it has finally appeared in the UK. Intrested to see what you thought of Kick-Ass. In many ways, it's just a lo-fi Spider-Man. I think that's a good thing...

So it dawned on me that this list is out of date by a good eight years (!)

That was a crazy time, reviewing a movie a day. I have no idea how I had the energy to do that haha.

That said, here is my updated and revised list as of today, April 24th, 2018. Several films, most obviously the majority of the MCU and all the DCEU, have been added and given changing tastes, some of the order has shifted around a little:

1. “Superman: The Movie” (Richard Donner, 1978)
2. “The Dark Knight” (Christopher Nolan, 2008)
3. “Batman: Mask of the Phantasm” (Bruce W. Timm and Eric Radomski, 1993)
4. “Batman” (Tim Burton, 1989)
5. “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” (Joe and Anthony Russo, 2014)
6. “Superman II” (Richard Lester, 1980)
7. “X2: X-Men United” (Bryan Singer, 2003)
8. “The Avengers” (Joss Whedon, 2012)
9. “Blade” (Stephen Norrington, 1998)
10. “Batman Begins” (Christopher Nolan, 2005)
----
11. “Spider-Man II” (Sam Raimi, 2004)
12. “Captain America: Civil War” (Joe and Anthony Russo, 2016)
13. “Logan” (James Mangold, 2017)
14. “Iron Man” (Jon Favreau, 2008)
15. “The Crow” (Alex Proyas, 1994)
16. “Batman: The Dark Knight Returns” (Jay Oliva, 2012/2013)
17. “Road to Perdition” (Sam Mendes, 2002)
18. “The Dark Knight Rises” (Christopher Nolan, 2012)
19. “X-Men: Days of Future Past” (Bryan Singer, 2014)
20. “Watchmen” (Zack Snyder, 2009)
----
21. “Sin City” (Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller, 2005)
22. “Spider-Man” (Sam Raimi, 2002)
23. “X-Men” (Bryan Singer, 2000)
24. “Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker” (Curt Geda, 2000)
25. “Avengers: Age of Ultron” (Joss Whedon, 2015)
26. “Black Panther” (Ryan Coogler, 2018)
27. “Wonder Woman” (Patty Jenkins, 2017)
28. “Superman Returns” (Bryan Singer, 2006)
29. “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” (Steve Barron, 1990)
30. “Wonder Woman” (Lauren Montgomery, 2009)
----
31. “The Incredibles” (Brad Bird, 2004)
32. “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” (Zack Snyder, 2016)
33. “Spider-Man: Homecoming” (Jon Watts, 2017)
34. “Deadpool” (Tim Miller, 2016)
35. “Guardians of the Galaxy” (James Gunn, 2014)
36. “Batman: Under the Red Hood” (Brandon Vietti, 2009)
37. “Thor: Ragnarok” (Taika Waititi, 2017)
38. “Big Hero 6” (Don Hall & Chris Williams, 2014)
39. “Doctor Strange” (Scott Derrickson, 2016)
40. “Blade II” (Guillermo Del Toro, 2002)
----
41. “Batman Forever” (Joel Schumacher, 1995)
42. “The Rocketeer” (Joe Johnston, 1991)
43. “Batman Returns” (Tim Burton, 1992)
44. “Captain America: The First Avenger” (Joe Johnston, 2011)
45. “The Wolverine” (James Mangold, 2013)
46. “All-Star Superman” (Sam Liu, 2011)
47. “Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths” (Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu, 2010)
48. “X-Men: First Class” (Matthew Vaughn, 2011)
49. “Man of Steel” (Zack Snyder, 2013)
50. “Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox” (Jay Oliva, 2013)
----
51. “Iron Man III” (Shane Black, 2013)
52. “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” (James Gunn, 2017)
53. “Superman/Batman: Apocalypse” (Lauren Montgomery, 2010)
54. “Batman: Year One” (Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu, 2011)
55. “Ant-Man” (Peyton Reed, 2015)
56. “Justice League” (Zack Snyder/Joss Whedon, 2017)
57. “The Incredible Hulk” (Louis Leterrier, 2008)
58. “The Lego Batman Movie” (Chris McKay, 2017)
59. “Justice League: Gods and Monsters” (Sam Liu, 2015)
60. “Batman & Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero” (Boyd Kirkland, 1998)
----
61. “Superman/Batman: Public Enemies” (Sam Liu, 2009)
62. “The Mask” (Chuck Russell, 1994)
63. “Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman” (Curt Geda, 2003)
64. “Green Lantern: First Flight” (Lauren Montgomery, 2009)
65. “Superman vs. The Elite” (Michael Chang, 2012)
66. “Batman: The Movie” (Leslie H. Martinson, 1966)
67. “Conan The Barbarian” (John Milius, 1982)
68. “Suicide Squad” (David Ayer, 2016)
69. “Daredevil” (Mark Steven Johnson, 2003)
70. “X-Men: Apocalypse” (Bryan Singer, 2016)
----
71. “Batman vs. Robin” (Jay Oliva, 2015)
72. “Spider-Man III” (Sam Raimi, 2007)
73. “Iron Man II” (Jon Favreau, 2010)
74. “Justice League: Throne of Atlantis” (Jay Oliva and Ethan Spaulding, 2015)
75. “The Mask of Zorro” (Martin Campbell, 1998)
76. “The Punisher” (Jonathan Hensleigh, 2004)
77. “Superman: Doomsday” (Bruce W. Timm, Lauren Montgomery and Brandon Vietti, 2007)
78. “Batman: Bad Blood” (Jay Oliva, 2016)
79. “Constantine” (Francis Lawrence, 2005)
80. “Hellboy II: The Golden Army” (Guillermo Del Toro, 2008)
----
81. “Punisher: War Zone” (Lexi Alexander, 2008)
82. “Thor” (Kenneth Branagh, 2011)
83. “Justice League: War” (Jay Oliva, 2014)
84. “The Shadow” (Russell Mulcahy, 1994)
85. “Kick-Ass” (Matthew Vaughn, 2010)
86. “V for Vendetta” (James McTeigue, 2006)
87. “Hulk” (Ang Lee, 2003)
88. “Justice League: Doom” (Lauren Montgomery, 2012)
89. “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze” (Michael Pressman, 1991)
90. “Hellboy” (Guillermo Del Toro, 2004)
----
91. “The Amazing Spider-Man” (Marc Webb, 2012)
92. “300” (Zack Snyder, 2007)
93. “Batman: The Killing Joke” (Sam Liu, 2016)
94. “Son of Batman” (Ethan Spaulding, 2014)
95. “Blade: Trinity” (David S. Goyer, 2004)
96. “Planet Hulk” (Sam Liu, 2010)
97. “Justice League vs Teen Titans” (Sam Liu, 2016)
98. “Darkman” (Sam Raimi, 1990)
99. “Dredd” (Pete Travis, 2012)
100. “Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers: The Movie” (Bryan Spicer, 1995)
----
101. “Batman: Assault on Arkham” (Jay Oliva and Ethan Spaulding, 2014)
102. “X-Men: The Last Stand” (Brett Ratner, 2006)
103. “Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance” (Neveldine & Taylor, 2012)
104. “The Amazing Spider-Man II” (Marc Webb, 2014)
105. “Thor: The Dark World” (Alan Taylor, 2013)
106. “Fantastic Four” (Josh Trank, 2015)
107. “Superman: Unbound” (James Tucker, 2013)
108. “300: Rise of an Empire” (Noam Murro, 2014)
109. “Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher” (Kenichi Shimizu, 2014)
110. “Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme” (Jay Oliva, Patrick Archibald and Richard Sebast, 2007)
----
111. “Kick-Ass 2” (Jeff Wadlow, 2013)
112. “Mystery Men” (Kinka Usher, 1999)
113. “Thor: Tales of Asgard” (Sam Liu, 2011)
114. “Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer” (Tim Story, 2007)
115. “TMNT” (Kevin Munroe, 2007)
116. “Ghost Rider” (Mark Steven Johnson, 2007)
117. “Fantastic Four” (Tim Story, 2005)
118. “Conan The Destroyer” (Richard Fleischer, 1984)
119. “The Spirit” (Frank Miller, 2008)
120. “Superman III” (Richard Lester, 1983)
----
121. “Batman & Robin” (Joel Schumacher, 1997)
122. “The Punisher” (Mark Goldblatt, 1989)
123. “Superman and the Mole Men” (Lee Sholem, 1951)
124. “Sin City: A Dame to Kill For” (Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller, 2014)
125. “The Batman vs Dracula” (Michael Goguen, 2005)
126. “The Phantom” (Simon Wincer, 1996)
127. “Spawn” (Mark A.Z. Dippé, 1997)
128. “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” (Jonathan Liebesman, 2014)
129. “Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo” (David Slack, 2006)
130. “Ultimate Avengers: The Movie” (Curt Geda and Steven E. Gordon, 2006)
----
131. “Superman: Brainiac Attacks” (Curt Geda, 2006)
132. “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” (Gavin Hood, 2009)
133. “The Green Hornet” (Michel Gondry, 2011)
134. “Green Lantern” (Martin Campbell, 2011)
135. “Captain America” (Albert Pyun, 1990)
136. “Ultimate Avengers II: Rise of the Black Panther” (Will Meugniot and Richard Sebast, 2006)
137. “The Incredible Hulk Returns” (Nicholas J. Corea, 1988)
138. “Swamp Thing” (Wes Craven, 1982)
139. “Supergirl” (Jeannot Szwarc, 1984)
140. “Judge Dredd” (Danny Cannon, 1995)
----
141. “Elektra” (Rob Bowman, 2005)
142. “The Return of Swamp Thing” (Jim Wynorski, 1989)
143. “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III” (Stuart Gillard, 1993)
144. “Darkman II: The Return of Durant” (Bradford May, 1995)
145. “Captain America II: Death Too Soon” (Iván Nagy, 1979)
146. “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen” (Stephen Norrington, 2003)
147. “Barb Wire” (David Hogan, 1996)
148. “The Crow: City of Angels” (Tim Pope, 1996)
149. “Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.” (Ron Hardy, 1998)
150. “Darkman III: Die Darkman Die” (Bradford May, 1996)
----
151. “Jonah Hex” (Jimmy Hayward, 2010)
152. “Captain America” (Rod Holcomb, 1979)
153. “The Crow: Wicked Prayer” (Lance Mungia, 2005)
154. “Catwoman” (Pitof, 2004)
155. “Tank Girl”(Rachel Talalay, 1995)
156. “Steel” (Kenneth Johnson, 1997)
157. “Man-Thing” (Brett Leonard, 2005)
158. “Son of the Mask” (Lawrence Guterman, 2005)
159. “Howard The Duck” (Willard Huyck, 1986)
160. “The Fantastic Four” (Oley Sassone, 1994)
----
161. “Superman IV: The Quest for Peace” (Sidney J. Furie, 1987)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"