Characters made into figs in the 90s that haven't been made currently, and discussion

Plus Ares is already a BAF.

and the idea of a Death's Head BAF is just ****ing funny

didn't they say the were gonna stop with BAFs a while ago maybe they'll have a few more in 2009 before there gone completely. That Thanos set could totally work if they added dormammu, in place of ares.

didn't they say the were gonna stop with BAFs a while ago maybe they'll have a few more in 2009 before there gone completely. That Thanos set could totally work if they added dormammu, in place of ares.

did you not read any of my posts?

I said that list is BOGUS... there's NO WAY IN HELL those last 3 lines would even exist.. and not just because Nemisis is the last BAF but because there's absolutely no main characters in most of those lines... no way would hasbro do that.

I didn't say they are making them. I just said the list would be cool for the most part. and I don't think they really need names to sell these more adults are buying these than little kids.

and for the list of 2 packs with characters that have already been made I wouldn't put something like that past them.. I mean they just did a full FF set less than a year ago and there are FF figures in 2 packs now... plus Johnny Storm in the ares set. they have no problem re-releasing characters.

sorry that I went so far as to make you use bold font on a message board about toys because you don't think I can comprehend what you typed. and not really care as much.
its gonna be really stupid to stop doing BAFs considering DCU is.

You would think that they wouldn't need heavy hitter to sell figs as the collectors are the main buyers.

but hasbro would think otherwise....and Hasbro actually makes the toys so go figure.

I just know I don't need Iron Man and Wolverine in every other set. They have the most ML figures probably followed by the Hulk.

I'd take one more wolverine if he had retractable claws!

Last edited:
Okay....now let's head into some DC stuff.

bob.jpg

1. Superman 12. Green Arrow 23. Mantis
2. Green Lantern 13. Dr. Fate 24. Shazam!
3.The Flash 14. Darkseid 25. Cyborg
4. Batman 15. Lex Luthor 26. Golden Pharoah
5. Robin 16. Brainiac 27. Cyclotron
6. Hawkman 17. The Joker 28. Orion
7. Aquaman 18. The Penguin 29. Samurai
8. Wonder Woman 19. Steppenwolf 30. Mister Miracle
9. Red Tornado 20. Kalibak 31. Plastic Man
10. Martian Manhunter 21. Parademon 32. Mr. Freeze
11. Firestorm 22. Desaad 33. Tyr

Yeah......i see a new Golden Pharoah coming reeeeal soon.

then Toy Biz kept the line going.......kinda......gave us Lex Luthor in a purple suit.......Bob the Goon.....and then standard stuff.

oh yeah....and for fun we'll count this 4th wave that never came out......the bottom line.

There were also Catwoman and TV Flash prototypes made.

And the Justice Jogger!

spjj.jpg

DC fig Info from....http://www.toyotter.com/sp/figure.html

Last edited:
You would think that they wouldn't need heavy hitter to sell figs as the collectors are the main buyers.

but hasbro would think otherwise....and Hasbro actually makes the toys so go figure.

well to an extent there correct. You do need a good balance. Kids don't collect per say. I know when i was a kid i watched spidey like crazy.. and all i thought is. "i need a (insert character)" ML's can be tough to get for a collector, let alone a kid, so if a kid wants the fantastic four.. he shouldnt have to wait more then a year for a figure of them, same goes for spidey, cap, wolverine, etc.. heavy hitters should be easy to get for kids. One thing that did annoy me though is that villains are never as prevalent as the heroes... i only wanted 1 spidey as a kid... you only need one.. and the more villains the better for them to fight with. So it's sad if you missed out on a villain who might never be made again

Okay....now let's head into some DC stuff.

bob.jpg

1. Superman 12. Green Arrow 23. Mantis
2. Green Lantern 13. Dr. Fate 24. Shazam!
3.The Flash 14. Darkseid 25. Cyborg
4. Batman 15. Lex Luthor 26. Golden Pharoah
5. Robin 16. Brainiac 27. Cyclotron
6. Hawkman 17. The Joker 28. Orion
7. Aquaman 18. The Penguin 29. Samurai
8. Wonder Woman 19. Steppenwolf 30. Mister Miracle
9. Red Tornado 20. Kalibak 31. Plastic Man
10. Martian Manhunter 21. Parademon 32. Mr. Freeze
11. Firestorm 22. Desaad 33. Tyr

Yeah......i see a new Golden Pharoah coming reeeeal soon.

then Toy Biz kept the line going.......kinda......gave us Lex Luthor in a purple suit.......Bob the Goon.....and then standard stuff.
I'd say Mattel has made 80% of those old super powers characters in either DC superheroes or DC universe classics.

Yeah.....watching these lists......DC is owning Marvel.....but that;s in part cause they lost hard in the 90s

Kastor: I see more Wolverines and Spidermen, so people are passing on those
figures
because of the increase. Was the price increase on Marvel
Legends at Target ( 50%) something that was known in advance? How do
you think this will impact the line at Target Stores, when Walmart is
still at the $10 mark? Do you know if they are aware that they raised
the price on the non-exclusives?

Hasbro: You'll see more Spidey's and Wolvies in the RULK wave for sure. There
are two of each per case
compared with one per case for some of the more
fan favorite characters. We know that collectors want the Adam Warlocks
and Spirals, but the best known characters are the ones that drive the
largest volume
, hence enabling us to do all the others. With respect to
price, that's a retailer decision and we don't control it, but we can say
that both the Red Hulk and Ares waves seem to be very popular.

Strike anyone else as humorous?

Yeah.....watching these lists......DC is owning Marvel.....but that;s in part cause they lost hard in the 90s

? say wha? hows DC owning marvel right now? Marvel is just getting into it's "iffy" rosters now.. due to most of the populars and essential characters already been made. DC is already beginning to enter that phase... lol

Strike anyone else as humorous?

well hasbro is technically correct. Bigger the name the better the sale typically. I mean in the begining you will see the lesser knowns go faster, but the hulk wave now is ridiculous... you can find all the "lesser" knowns easily, but she-hulk and King hulk are the hardest to find now.

? say wha? hows DC owning marvel right now? Marvel is just getting into it's "iffy" rosters now.. due to most of the populars and essential characters already been made. DC is already beginning to enter that phase... lol
Mattel is getting around that. Each wave is now including top shelf characters that have stands and no BAF parts. Wave 6 has mullet Superman (with regeneration suit variant). Wave 7 has Barry Allen Flash, and rereleases of wave 1 Batman and wave 3 GL. All with stands.

Mattel is getting around that. Each wave is now including top shelf characters that have stands and no BAF parts. Wave 6 has mullet Superman (with regeneration suit variant). Wave 7 has Barry Allen Flash, and rereleases of wave 1 Batman and wave 3 GL. All with stands.

well thats good.. just as long as they don't over saturate it. I've just noticed as the waves continue theres alot more characters where im just like.. who the hell is that? (and i mean i know my DC stuff slightly more then the average comic guy.. and i still get lost

The only time that has happened to me with DCUC is Dr. Impossible.

I just meant DC is owning Marvel in refference to these lists......but as I said that's just cause there were a lot less DC figs back then

o.... uh i guess... but 1/4 of that list are characters i've never seen before in my life, and look like he-man rip offs

yeah.....a few of them were made up for the line

I'm not sure....Cyclotron? An ariticle I was reading said they made figs up just for the line.........there is a lotta 4th world though

No Cyclotron is a comic character. Although he may have only just appeared when Superpowers was running. Samurai maybe.

Nope....Samurai is a real guy.....he was in the original Outsiders.

After consulting the internets. Golden Pharaoh was the one created for Super powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"