Charisma Carpenter talks on being in running for Wonder Woman

Lightning Strikez! said:
I'll tell you one thing though: Catherine would pack more audiences than Charisma ever could. I would think that starpower is important to WB, and yet Catherine is not yet so huge a star that viewers wouldn't lose her in the WW character. She's not on Halle Berry-levels yet, although this movie could pitch her star that direction.

hmmm... i dunno dude. i think in a lot of the Hollywood circles Zeta's an A-lister. didnt they say that if studios cant get Julia Roberts for a project they usually go for her?

i think the test of a true actor is to be able to draw people into your performance that they forget who you are and just see the character you portray. i think Zeta has this capability, other than the fact that she was born to play this role. alas some people wont get over the fact that she's a famous actress and would be screaming bloody hell that it wasnt an unknown that wears the tiara.

I personally am not much on the idea of a complete unknown landing the role. Mainly because I dont see this film being a easy film to carry for any actress. Let alone an unknown. And although I do think it's possible to get that "perfect" unknown, I would feel a bit more at ease in an actress who can be Christian Bale's contemporary, and maybe possibly even bring that little something to the part that might not have been seen otherwise.

CZJ, and Jennifer Connelly fall nicely under this catagory I believe.

Even if she hasn't done much movies lately, Catherine Zeta-Jones is still highly regarded in Hollywood. She's ABOVE Halle Berry, who has done supporting roles in crap movies for much of her career, and was only briefly in the top tier a couple years ago when she achieved critical success with Monster's Ball and commercial success as a Bond Girl in Die Another Day. However, that success was pissed away after she starred in CINO.

That said, while I don't think CZJ would be bad for WW, I'd like to see someone a bit younger in the role. It would be VERY hard to make a franchise if you have a star who will be almost 40 by the time the first movie comes out.

ClarkLuther55 said:
Even if she hasn't done much movies lately, Catherine Zeta-Jones is still highly regarded in Hollywood.

Which is funny, considering how many crappy failures she's made. I mean, aside from the first Zorro, Chicago, Traffic and Ocean's 12... actually, that's everything she's done that wasn't hated or a failure or both. But it's not a bad resume, if you consider that two of those were Oscar nominees, I suppose. It just FEELS like she mostly makes crap.

In my opinion, Zeta-Jones is too old (I'm thinking about sequels) and completely wrong for the role. Isn't WW supposed to have an innocence to her? Zeta-Jones doesn't have an once of innocence in her.

I thought Joel Silver mentioned at Comic Con that he wants to cast an unknown and go for somebody younger. Charisma may look the part but I don't want her playing Donna Troy. Not even Jessica Biel, not even Angelina Jolie, not even Catherine Zeta Jones.

Cast that unknown actress.

Rac said:
Yep. Like Monica Bellucci.
Sorry my friend but she is in the same boat as Charisma Carpenter. She's too old.

I think we'll all be too old, dead even, before WW finally reaches the cinemas...

My gut feeling says to cast an unknown...and for some reason I don't think Taylor Cole will get it, even though IMHO she could make a great WW on screen.

Rac said:
Yep. Like Monica Bellucci.

Waaaaaaay too old. She looks like she's made of leather, unlike some other "old" candidates. Plus she doesn't look like she could beat up my grandma.

Rachel Weisz, Rachel Weisz, Rachel Weisz.

Bishop2 said:
Waaaaaaay too old. She looks like she's made of leather, unlike some other "old" candidates. Plus she doesn't look like she could beat up my grandma.

Old Leather? :huh:

Nope. Can't say I agree with you there, Bishop. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"