Iron Man Chow Yun- Fat or Ken Wantanabe for Mandarin

chow wouldn't be that bad to see (especially as the baddie), but to me Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is the only mandarin

mandarinto8.jpg
caryhiroyukitagawavh3.jpg

:woot:

damn straight ive thought that ever since ive seen him in movies

Yellow Cyclone said:
chow wouldn't be that bad to see (especially as the baddie), but to me Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is the only mandarin

mandarinto8.jpg

he is indeed"the invincible wrath of unstoppable glory that is the MANDARIN":ninja:

btw any news on i.m.smilies yet?

Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is indeed the Mandarin.

I hope he's cast, but Farveau might go with a younger villain. Hopefully not, but we shall see.

Either one would work, but I would pick Chow Yun Fat. For some reason I can just see him and Downey playing off each other.

Yellow Cyclone said:

mandarinto8.jpg

:eek:

If they go with a younger villain, I say Donnie Yen. The guys should be getting all Jet Li's roles anyway - just as good a martial artist (if not better), better looking, speaks better English . . . just doesn't have a cool name like Jet, I guess.

As good as Watanabe would fit the description. He has already been in another superhero franchise (Batman) I doubt he would be cast as the Mandarin.

^Bingo. He'd have been great if they hadn't already used him(in a very similar role) in BB.

Yellow Cyclone said:

mandarinto8.jpg

:wow: Excellent :up:

They should save mandarin for the second movie.

My reasoning: Mandarin would need as much screentime to explain his power and backstory as Iron Man, which would just drag the movie out. Instead, use the 2nd movie to delve into Mandarin's origin.

Yellow Cyclone said:

mandarinto8.jpg

Not bad but he's already been in two superhero movies "Elektra" and "The Phantom."

I wouldn't mind seeing:

But Ken right here I think steals the show:

Kmack said:
As good as Watanabe would fit the description. He has already been in another superhero franchise (Batman) I doubt he would be cast as the Mandarin.

How can you call the 20 seconds he was on screen in Batman Begins enough to put him out of the running? Look at Sam Elliot. He's making it in two. Why can't Watanabe?

.....just as a side note I think Watanabe should have been the real Ra's and not just a cameo as Ubu.

tony jaa, except he looks like he is 12, but jaa is mosdef cooler then both wantanabe or fat

There are other actors in the world that are Asian other than Ken Watanabe.

Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa has only played the evil asian guy in just about every movie ever. Casting him would be a cliche. Please, no.

Yellow Cyclone said:

Hell yes. I think it's his destiny to play The Mandarin.

Substance D said:
Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa has only played the evil asian guy in just about every movie ever. Casting him would be a cliche. Please, no.

But he's never really been in as big of a movie as Iron Man. Some people would see it as cliche but many wouldn't because they don't really know who he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"