Christian Bale is Gorr the God Butcher!

The most recent What If... episode potentially has huge implications for Thor: Love & Thunder.
Specifically regarding Gorr's origin story and how it could tie up with the asgardians.

So the Collector confirmed that Hela's headdress is basically the necrosword or maybe the source of power which manifests necroswords. In the comics Gorr's power derives from the All-Black the Necrosword.

Something else worth noting is that Hela's headress is not necessarily a weapon itself but more of a "statement piece"(as hinted by the Collector) and can be wielded by others, like Odin once did, then Hela and now The Collector in this pocket reality.

Since the headress can be easily destroyed(by Yondu's Yaka arrow) i theorize it's just an item manifested by the power of the All-Black, as are those disposable necroswords... The wielder of such power can manifest whatever they like which would then line up with Gorr's own style.
Now the question is, could Gorr be a byproduct of Odin and Hela's reign of conquest or could Gorr have bonded with "Hela's power" post Ragnarok. Both are valid options and could give a lot more depth and strength to Gorr's backstory and motivation.

Last edited:
The most recent What If... episode potentially has huge implications for Thor: Love & Thunder.
Specifically regarding Gorr's origin story and how it could tie up with the asgardians.

So the Collector confirmed that Hela's headdress is basically the necrosword or maybe the source of power which manifests necroswords. In the comics Gorr's power derives from the All-Black the Necrosword.

Something else worth noting is that Hela's headress is not necessarily a weapon itself but more of a "statement piece"(as hinted by the Collector) and can be wielded by others, like Odin once did, then Hela and now The Collector in this pocket reality.

Since the headress can be easily destroyed(by Yondu's Yaka arrow) i theorize it's just an item manifested by the power of the All-Black, as are those disposable necroswords... The wielder of such power can manifest whatever they like which would then line up with Gorr's own style.
Now the question is, could Gorr be a byproduct of Odin and Hela's reign of conquest or could Gorr have bonded with "Hela's power" post Ragnarok. Both are valid options and could give a lot more depth and strength to Gorr's backstory and motivation.
This sounds great.

be a lot cooler, if there was a connection to Knull. But then again, the lesser connections to characters that are owned by Sony, the better

Last edited:

I'm inclined now to lean in this direction.

Collector using the headdress was very intentional IMO.

Good theories. :up: I think you’re on to something.

pitty we haven’t had any rumors about Cate Blanchet having filmed scenes - but then again here are we 13 years after Tim Roths last MCU appearance.
If not in Thor L&T, Hela could return in a later movie

I just hope Marvel does the character justice by giving Bale the platform and means for him to deliver a truly great MCU performance/villain without undermining it.

I feel like too often Marvel has dropped the ball with their villains, sometimes with questionable “artistic” decisions or just plain disregard for them in the bigger picture. I understand the need to focus on the heroes but when they’re able to strike a good balance is when we get the better results.

Bale’s Gorr could be a prime example of a villain done right and knowing the caliber of actor and character backstory, I think it’s not an exaggeration to expect something pretty special. If done right Gorr can easily become a top tier MCU villain even aiming to that very top spot.

I realized one aspect from Ragnarok that raises a lot of interesting questions.

So we now know that Hela’s headdress and her necroswords are basically the same thing (possibly constructs out of the same power). This seems to directly hint at Gorr’s origin story in the comics with him gaining his power by coming in possession of the All Black Necrosword.

Now if we rewind asgardian history a bit, Hela’s headdress/Necrosword actually belonged to Odin which begs the intriguing set of questions of how did he come in possession of such weapon/power? Who did he took it from? When and where did this events took place?

aMK0x21_460s.jpg

Bale’s wife wearing the TLT hoodie. :cwink:

So we’re seemingly getting more and more pantheons and god like beings added to the MCU lore just in time for Gorr’s arrival.

Asgardians (Norse Gods) - Specially Thor since he’s the only royal asgardian remaining but also Valkyrie, Sif and even all the remaining asgardians should be a desired target.

Olympians (Greek Gods) - Zeus is already confirmed to have a role to play while Ares has been shown before in Ragnarok as well. With the skyfather appearance, the introduction of other olympians(Hercules…) is also a solid assumption.

Eternals - They seem like a prime example of a race that could be just what Gorr hates. All powerful synthetic beings herding people/aliens/worlds like cattle for the arrival of the Celestials which should definitely raise Gorr’s attention.

Ennead (Egyptian Gods) - Moonknight will also introduce the god Khonshu and a “deadly war of the gods” as the series synopsis reveals.

Celestial beings - The Grandmaster is an Elder of the Universe but also basically a “small G” like Ego. If they explore the lore of the All Black Necrosword which empowers Gorr, then they could use The Grandmaster’s extended life span and knowledge as a way to shed a light on the origin and power of that particular weapon similar to how The Collector, another elder of the universe and the Grandmaster’s brother, explained the origin and purpose of the infinity stones.

main-qimg-04302fc7bb0808f7150f9ffa064902bb-lq

a992b8aa7f157eb65e201788a16c90bb00b43e8fr1-1080-1063v2_hq.jpg

Last edited:
I want want some promo art or merchandise to leak. I have a massive itch to see Gorr...

After seeing Eternals and the way they explain the Celestials and the MCU mythology itself i see a lot of it being further explored and play a part on TLT. Thena for example was actually Athena the Greek goddess of war, these Eternals and other alien figures are the gods of ancient time not to mention that they know of and have interacted with Thor and the asgardians.

Interestingly enough it was actually the credits for Eternals that really shed an even brighter light on how most of earth mythology is actually based on Eternal/Celestial influence. We see multiple godlike figures of myth with the Eternals signature energy source coursing through them.

It stands to reason that the asgardians themselves where also a biproduct of Celestial influence, they too impacted humanity and specifically the Nordic people with their presence. Asgardians are not necessarily Eternals but they are likely some kind of off shot as they are in the comics. Also the asgardian myth of death and rebirth, of Ragnarok, was also an event that actually fueled the life of higher beings(Those Who Sit Above In The Shadow) which is basically a play on how the Celestials also operate.

After seeing Eternals and the way they explain the Celestials and the MCU mythology itself i see a lot of it being further explored and play a part on TLT. Thena for example was actually Athena the Greek goddess of war, these Eternals and other alien figures are the gods of ancient time not to mention that they know of and have interacted with Thor and the asgardians.

Interestingly enough it was actually the credits for Eternals that really shed an even brighter light on how most of earth mythology is actually based on Eternal/Celestial influence. We see multiple godlike figures of myth with the Eternals signature energy source coursing through them.

It stands to reason that the asgardians themselves where also a biproduct of Celestial influence, they too impacted humanity and specifically the Nordic people with their presence. Asgardians are not necessarily Eternals but they are likely some kind of off shot as they are in the comics. Also the asgardian myth of death and rebirth, of Ragnarok, was also an event that actually fueled the life of higher beings(Those Who Sit Above In The Shadow) which is basically a play on how the Celestials also operate.

I've watched the Eternals like 3 times since it became available on Disney Plus early this morning.

Possibly. But I hope they don't reveal that the Asgardians are just androids too. Not to mention that that would directly contradict the way that the Asgardians have been portrayed up until now. Namely, the Asgardians in the MCU are clearly natural, flesh and blood beings who age and eventually die (just after thousands of years). Hence why Odin looked younger in flashbacks than he did in the modern age.

By contrast, the Eternals don't age at all because they are essentially androids and aren't really living things. Chloe Zhao also said that this is why the Eternals weren't affected by the Snap, whereas half the Asgardians were dusted (because they are living beings).

I would say that the past connection between Kingo and Thor was probably due to the Asgardians viewing the Eternals as a fellow powerful, god-like race and respecting them as such, rather than necessarily due to them both being created by the Celestials.

Possibly. But I hope they don't reveal that the Asgardians are just androids too. Not to mention that that would directly contradict the way that the Asgardians have been portrayed up until now. Namely, the Asgardians in the MCU are clearly natural, flesh and blood beings who age and eventually die (just after thousands of years). Hence why Odin looked younger in flashbacks than he did in the modern age.

By contrast, the Eternals don't age at all because they are essentially androids and aren't really living things. Chloe Zhao also said that this is why the Eternals weren't affected by the Snap, whereas half the Asgardians were dusted (because they are living beings).

I would say that the past connection between Kingo and Thor was probably due to the Asgardians viewing the Eternals as a fellow powerful, god-like race and respecting them as such, rather than necessarily due to them both being created by the Celestials.
Oh hell no. That wouldn’t work for me either. Yeh the Asgardians should be their own thing.

I do also wonder how they’ll explain the relationship between the Asgardians and the Eternals since they knew of each other and even hanged out at some point. Since Thor was apparently young when he met the Eternals I guess they could make it so that it was Odin who really knew of their existence.

They could explain the Celestial link with the backstory of the very first Asgardian ruler, Buri, who was father to Bor(Odin’s father) which was seen fighting the Dark Elves in TDW. Maybe they could even further explore Asgard and the fact that they didn’t really live on a planet per se because they knew of the celestial hatching situation going around and they choose to build their own realm. Maybe they even escaped a real planet at some point because of the Celestials. That would be a cool twist and it would enrich further Asgardian MCU mythology.

Oh hell no. That wouldn’t work for me either. Yeh the Asgardians should be their own thing.

I do also wonder how they’ll explain the relationship between the Asgardians and the Eternals since they knew of each other and even hanged out at some point. Since Thor was apparently young when he met the Eternals I guess they could make it so that it was Odin who really knew of their existence.

Since we know that the Asgardians visited Earth during the Viking period maybe there was a Deviant attack going on at the same time and Odin was like: "Hey, you Eternals guys seem cool! Wanna come back to Asgard for some quality mead?".

I’m so intrigued and hyped to see Bale’s interpretation of Gorr and I’m also eagerly anticipating an official first look at the character or even a legit merchandise sneak peek would be really cool. Can't wait to see how they'll portray Gorr.

7317870-title.jpg

Last edited:
Fun Fact:
January 30th is Christian Bale’s birthday.

A while back I put 2 dates forward as potential dates for the teaser trailer, January 24th and 31st, both Mondays… Now I’m gonna update that prediction and go all-in for January 31st.

Last edited:
Asgardians - Nordic gods
Olympians - Greek gods
Ennead - Egyptian gods

So far 3 pantheons confirmed for TLT. It’s almost like the “Council of the Godheads” from the comics. I wonder if this is connected with the “New Asgard in political turmoil” easter egg from No Way Home and the fact that Tessa said that Valkyrie was tending her diplomatic duties. Intriguing.

As someone so eloquently putted on Twitter, Gorr “will make sure they’re just brief cameos”.
Council of the Godheads - “Is a loose committee of the leaders of the Earth's pantheons of gods designed to gather information and share consultation upon menaces or threats which no single pantheon of gods can handle alone.”
latest

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"