Christopher Nolan is themaster DC Films guys. What makes him so good?

Go out of his way to take the fun out of them. Some parts of TDKR were just boring.

Well, he's not the best director ever but he's a really good one, one of the best mainstream directors right now, and doesn't have a single bad film. But everything has to do with tastes and style, some don't like his style of filmmaking, so they don't like him being that popular either, not to mention that many fans keep wanting him to do certain projects that don't really suit his style.

Hmm bad film is opinion based. I haven't seen it in 5 years, but Memento was one of the most boring movies I've ever watched.

Zimmer is what makes Nolan so good. Zimmer elevates every movie he touches.

Nothing inherently makes him the best, really. When it comes to superhero films, he's worked with the right mix of writers and talent, and has navigated the industry and its creative obstacles well. Christopher Nolan is a solid storyteller and a very good filmmaker and Warner Brothers really likes/d him. That's about the long and the short of it.

Better him in charge than the incompetent fanboys that run DC Creative(Geoff Johns). Warner gave DC their shot at making a film their way with Green Lantern and they blew it.

Good luck and good timing.

Yes, Nolan is a good director. Hell, he's more than good, he's great. However, what makes his Batman movies work is that his own personal style just happens to be a fairly close fit with Batman. Thus, he's good at making Batman movies. . . but it really doesn't mean anything for his ability to make any other DC adaptations.

( well, aside from comics picked specifically to fit the same aesthetic, perhaps. Maybe John Constantine? )

Good luck and good timing.

Yes, Nolan is a good director. Hell, he's more than good, he's great. However, what makes his Batman movies work is that his own personal style just happens to be a fairly close fit with Batman. Thus, he's good at making Batman movies. . . but it really doesn't mean anything for his ability to make any other DC adaptations.

( well, aside from comics picked specifically to fit the same aesthetic, perhaps. Maybe John Constantine? )

I would LOVE to see a Hellblazer film directed by Nolan.

Better him in charge than the incompetent fanboys that run DC Creative(Geoff Johns). Warner gave DC their shot at making a film their way with Green Lantern and they blew it.

Most reports said Johns input was more of the excited child kind, he came out with cool ideas but nothing ever really came from them because he didn't sit at the grownups table. It's also why he has no creative credit.

He gave me an arc for Bruce in TDKR that I could get emotionally invested in. The closest to that has been the Hellboy series, but its more that I'd want to hang out the Red, Abe, Liz and the others from the BPRD. I also liked the use of a social revolution in TDKR. However, I don't want Chris being forced into the position of DC film universe overseer if he doesn't feel invested in it.

I know I'm a heathen but I'm just not that impressed by him. Batman was a fairly good fit for a IMO overly grounded version of the characters but not any character with fantastic elements. Unlike many others, I have trouble getting invested in his characters as opposed to other supposedly lesser directors. That's all I'll say because I don't want to rain on anyone else's parade.

Why would you bump this thread lol, just let it recede into digital oblivion...wait why am I bumping it!?!? Noooooo.

I couldn't even understand the title of this thread

If he was "the master" then he would know that Bruce Wayne is obsessed with fighting crime...not constantly looking for someone else to do it for him. He made three Batman films, and Bruce Wayne retired in 2 of them.

If he was "the master" then he would know that Bruce Wayne is obsessed with fighting crime...not constantly looking for someone else to do it for him. He made three Batman films, and Bruce Wayne retired in 2 of them.

That crushing in it's truthfulness. :yay:

This is his interpretation.

I see Nolan's movies as essentially his series of graphic novels for the character, his take on the character.

I liked the idea of Bruce actually wanting a life. That is likely something his parents would have wanted and it was something in Nolan's movies Alfred wanted too. He didn't want to see Bruce become insulated and wither away, nor did he want to see him kill himself being Batman.

I don't have a problem with Bruce wanting a life. I take issue with him pining after a girl he kind of likes who doesn't like him that much, and that being the reason he wants to abandon his mission.

He was only going to abandon his mission after he saw a way out. If Dent hadn't been the White Knight he was before the accident, he would've been as focused and as dedicated as ever. And let's not forget: the mob only recruited the Joker out of desperation. Batman and Gordon were getting to them and were close to taking them down. Either way you look at it, before the Joker and Harvey's accident, from Bruce's perspective at least, it looked like retirement was on the horizon for Batman, so of course he was going to focus on/talk about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"