Citation Problem/F*** the police!

it's not a myth. i got a ticket for honking at a police car who was making an illegal left turn. the cop came over and told my passenger to buckle his seat belt. i said, "left turns are a problem at this intersection and didn't know if you saw the sign." he told me to pull over and he wrote me up a ticket for not having a seat belt. i called his superior officer who took my side, spoke to the cop and he got the partner's story as well (she stayed in the car). the officer told me that they must have their rollers going and their siren on when making illegal turns or going through red lights. they had neither. i went to court and couldn't believe the bull**** the cop added to the ticket, such as saying that after telling passenger to buckle up, passenger said "i don't have to if i don't want to." that never happened. the cop wasn't there, i presented my story, and the entire thing was dismissed. i didn't even talk to a judge.

Your ticket didn't get magically dismissed just because the cop didn't show for the court date, though. It got dismissed because it was a bullsh1t ticket.

jag

it's not a myth. i got a ticket for honking at a police car who was making an illegal left turn. the cop came over and told my passenger to buckle his seat belt. i said, "left turns are a problem at this intersection and didn't know if you saw the sign." he told me to pull over and he wrote me up a ticket for not having a seat belt. i called his superior officer who took my side, spoke to the cop and he got the partner's story as well (she stayed in the car). the officer told me that they must have their rollers going and their siren on when making illegal turns or going through red lights. they had neither. i went to court and couldn't believe the bull**** the cop added to the ticket, such as saying that after telling passenger to buckle up, passenger said "i don't have to if i don't want to." that never happened. the cop wasn't there, i presented my story, and the entire thing was dismissed. i didn't even talk to a judge.

As I said previously...the judge obviously had questions about the incident which couldn't be answered by what was on the back, such as the conflicting testimony regarding the supervisor's comments, ala the case was dismissed.

Damn, is there no one who took criminal law or knows anything about this kind of thing who has an answer for me?

Oh well.

My girlfriend got the very same citation (her rear tire was about two feet from the curb...literally), but she was fined $45. :huh:

How ridiculous is that?

I had a friend who was a cop. He was telling me that most if not all cops have to fulfill a quota of tickets at the end of each month. That's why cops are giving out tickets for having one tail light out or being two feet from a curb while there are bigger and actually important crimes going on around them.

Stupid system if you ask me. The cops are their to protect the public and peace, they shouldn't have to worry about some stupid ass quota that has them scrambling to give tickets out for the dumbest **** imaginable. Gotta love those pencil pushers and beauracrats(sp?) that make up these rules and regulations.

I had a friend who was a cop. He was telling me that most if not all cops have to fulfill a quota of tickets at the end of each month. That's why cops are giving out tickets for having one tail light out or being two feet from a curb while there are bigger and actually important crimes going on around them.

Stupid system if you ask me. The cops are their to protect the public and peace, they shouldn't have to worry about some stupid ass quota that has them scrambling to give tickets out for the dumbest **** imaginable. Gotta love those pencil pushers and beauracrats(sp?) that make up these rules and regulations.

i had to attend a driving safety class after getting a speeding ticket a few weeks ago and someone asked the cop teaching the class if that was true (quotas) and they said "no", but who knows what the truth is. i don't really trust cops to be completely honest with the public.

Quota's don't make any damn sense from a financial aspect...the money generated from citations doesn't go to the departments that write the tickets, it goes directly to the individual states' general fund.

I have heard of departments doing it to ensure their officers are actively patrolling...that seems to me to be a pretty weak justification though; if my department felt we weren't patrolling enough, they simply put your butt on a walking patrol.

Quota's don't make any damn sense from a financial aspect...the money generated from citations doesn't go to the departments that write the tickets, it goes directly to the individual states' general fund.

I have heard of departments doing it to ensure their officers are actively patrolling...that seems to me to be a pretty weak justification though; if my department felt we weren't patrolling enough, they simply put your butt on a walking patrol.

The use of quotas depends on the state or locality. As for revenue, again, depends on where you live. Often (at least in the Midwest) depending on the law enforcement agency that cites you, the money either goes to the city, county, or state...

again it all just depends on where you live.

The quota thing varies by city. My brother is a cop and his department doesn't have them. But, one of my friends who is a cop in a neighboring town 20 miles away says that his department does have them.

jag

The use of quotas depends on the state or locality. As for revenue, again, depends on where you live. Often (at least in the Midwest) depending on the law enforcement agency that cites you, the money either goes to the city, county, or state...

again it all just depends on where you live.

The money goes to the state general fund in EVERY state. The only difference is some states have statutory agreements to "refund" a percentage back to their departments. My department in Ohio receives 20% of the fine and the city receives 100% of the court costs.

Just Calmly explain it to the judge. Dont be ignorant in court and I'm sure you'll get out of it.

The money goes to the state general fund in EVERY state. The only difference is some states have statutory agreements to "refund" a percentage back to their departments. My department in Ohio receives 20% of the fine and the city receives 100% of the court costs.

Refund/Allocation...it all functions the same, each side gets a cut.

It's your fault for getting caught

I'm speaking in a general sense, there good when u need to catch the wrong doers, but they should leave the people who aren't doing anything bad alone.

I know. Those cops make it so hard to speed, make illegal turns, don't understand how hard it is to fix a broken tail light, or that sometimes people lose control of their car when they put the emergency brake on :dry:

Talked **** and got beat down for it; now he's just a bitter kid....bwahahahahahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"