City of Violence - Click here for Korean badassery.

Reaction score
Wow....damn :up:

-----

City of Violence:

Smart, slick, and furiously paced, The City of Violence is part detective story, part mayhem-packed thrill ride. Director Ryoo Seung Wan, "Korean cinema's answer to Quentin Tarantino" (Johnny Vaughan, The Sun, UK), combines stylized camerawork, whirling tae kwon do moves, and an array of entertaining villians to create a classic revenge saga. The story follows a pair of high school friends who reunite to investigate the murder of one of their own, hurtling toward an epic two-against-the world showdown where they will try to take vengeance at any cost.

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Disc 1
  • Feature Audio Commentaries by Director and Star Ryoo Seung-Wan and Hong Kong Cinema Expert Bey Logan
  • Disc 2
  • Deleted Scenes Alternate Scenes and Bloopers
  • Blow By Blow: A Behind -The-Scenes Exploration of the action sequences from The City of Violence
  • Two Against The Rest: The Making of The City of Violence
  • 5 Behind-The-Scenes Featurettes on the production of The City of Violence
  • Interview and Commentary on the movie's action sequences with action Director and Star Jung Doo-Hung
  • Interviews with the cast of The City of Violence
  • And much more!
Release Date
2007-09-04

Trailers:

Dragon Dynasty trailer

Youtube UK trailer

Youtube Korea trailer

Pictures:

E8280-04.jpg

cityofviolence.jpg
Jjakpae-001.jpg

i20070104081022_M0020095_jjakpae_still12.jpg

look ALOT like killbill crazy88 fight... lol

ill check it out

"A Roaring Rampage of Revenge." - Jonathan Trout BBC
^
jackass!:o

Director Ryoo Seung Wan, "Korean cinema's answer to Quentin Tarantino" (Johnny Vaughan, The Sun, UK), combines stylized camerawork, whirling tae kwon do moves, and an array of entertaining villians to create a classic revenge saga.
like i said...

It's a fun movie but don't expect Oscar winning performances/directing/writing from it. Switch off your brain and you'll enjoy it a lot.

look ALOT like killbill crazy88 fight... lol

ill check it out

Kill Bill look ALOT like:

Lady Snowblood

Sex and Fury

Thriller: A Cruel Picture

various Takashi Miike films, which Quentin himself wandered onto the set of buggin Miike continuously about how to do arterial spray effects, etc

Lol.

Yo, Korea is just a beast at film.
It makes me even more proud to say that I am a Korean.

Oh snap.
I just saw this.
Just wondering, but are you Asian, Gammy?
That is a very simple, yet crazy cool cover.

Nah, Mexican :D
But I have a lot of great Korean friends in Vancouver, my ex-gf there is also Korean (who's leaving Van in 2 weeks, so I won't be seeing her again :(), my very sweet dong saeng Juhee and also...

My Nuna :heart: ! (I really miss her, I can't wait to see her again next month) She introduced me to the wonderful world of Korean cuisine like bulgogi, samgyeopsal, bibimbap and my favorite, jajangmyeon! And also taught me some veeeery basic Korean :D

And yeah, that cover reeks of cool :up:

Nah, Mexican :D
But I have a lot of great Korean friends in Vancouver, my ex-gf there is also Korean (who's leaving Van in 2 weeks, so I won't be seeing her again :(), my very sweet dong saeng Juhee and also...

:csad:

Sorry.

My Nuna :heart: ! (I really miss her, I can't wait to see her again next month) She introduced me to the wonderful world of Korean cuisine like bulgogi, samgyeopsal, bibimbap and my favorite, jajangmyeon! And also taught me some veeeery basic Korean :D

Yo, that is the best in the world.
Korean food = :heart:

And yeah, that cover reeks of cool :up:

Yeah man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity