• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I wish FOX had chosen MSJ for directing F4 or F4-2!!!

antariksh

Civilian
Reaction score
Have u guys seen the Teaser trailer of ghost rider it puts each and every comic book movies FINAL TRAILER to shame!!!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ghostrider/

If FOX had hired MSJ for F4 or F4-2 and given him a budget between $130-$150 then F4 or F4-2 would have been AMAZING!!

I personally think that FOX should forget releasing a sequel of F4-2 in 2007 because from what I have seen both GR and SM3 will have amazing VFX and action scenes because both MSJ and Sam Raimi are experts in that field while Tim Story is NOT!!

And it is more than likely that the general audience that expect awesome action sequences from comic book movies will be thoroughly entertained by GR and SM3 and help them GROSS a LOT worldwide. This leave F4-2 where people will be like meh.... who cares about it, F4 was OK but nothing awesome and so will F4-2.

Damn it, why can't fox just give a chance to DIRECTOR'S that have a VISION. Give them a HUGE budget like COLUMBIA does and I can gurantee you their movies can do a LOT more at boxoffice.

So guys do you agree FOX should shift F4-2 to 2008 and hire some one who can do action scenes really really well.

We all FANS should unite and write a LETTER to FOX and demand for a release date change and director change.

Good thoughts, but won't happen. And their not going to throw a ton of money at the sequel. Story is directing, and either Frost or Paynes script will be what the'll go with. Live with it. I saw the trailer, and it was great for a teaser. I also think the Teaser for FF, was equally awsome. Generated just as much excitment. But good thoughts, that have been bantered about since the 1st movie came out. :)

Carp Man said:
Good thoughts, but won't happen. And their not going to throw a ton of money at the sequel. Story is directing, and either Frost or Paynes script will be what the'll go with. Live with it. I saw the trailer, and it was great for a teaser. I also think the Teaser for FF, was equally awsome. Generated just as much excitment. But good thoughts, that have been bantered about since the 1st movie came out. :)

You gotta be kidding me. The FF teaser sucked, and it was because the s**tty music they put with it.

But still, it's pointless to wish that at this point.

Can we please get all the wish listers into the same thread please.....

Ghost Rider is a film I'm really looking forward to . . . but I'm afraid that trailer left me a little cold. The CGI seemed a bit awkward to me, but trailers can often be misleading both positively and negatively.

But this isn't a Ghost Rider forum . . . so speaking of FF, did anyone notice a certain similarity with those opening shots and another motorcycle scene we've seen?;)

Thats why I don't put too much into trailers....UNLESS I see them on the big screen and I'm still left cold....then I might worry alittle....but as I did last year, didn't comment on one trailer, one dl, and very little with pics.....because nothing, can replace what you will or will not see on the big screen with the actual movie.....so I wait for the best look of all....the actual thang...

Yeah, that trailer really rocks, especially once the FX get rolling.
I'm really surprised to see GHOST RIDER looking this good. (Moving the date back concerned me.) It's extra cool to know that a dyed-in-the-wool Marvel Fan is playing a Marvel character. (Cage even took his acting name from Marvel character Luke Cage, as most of you know.)
Before now, there was only Chiklis, who (in my opinion) is still the greatest thing the FF franchise has going for it.
A big reason the Spider-man films resonated so powerfully is that lifelong Spidey fan Raimi has been at the helm. And though the final "product" that was FF1 was far from what I'd hoped, I'm glad they kept Tim Story because I'd still rather have him than a non-fan. I'm holding out some hope that he learned a lot from the shortcomings of FF1 (those that were his fault and those that were not) and that we're all going to be pleasantly surprised when the first FF2 trailer hits.

I wish Fox would offer the directing to Tom Hanks. He did a great job with THAT THING YOU DO, and he's a HUGE Marvel fan; having made reference to Black Bolt and the Hammer of Thor while promoting both THAT THING and EARTH TO MOON.

I think MSJ is one of the coolest ****s on the planet. I also think the DD: DC along with Superman The Movie are one of the few completely honest comic adaptions ever.

But as Red said. FF isn't MSJ's cup o tea. He's more suited to make more dark comic characters. Or Thor or Deadpool. oooo he has to do Deadpool with Ryan Reynolds! And yes I said Thor...imagine the **** he'd put in there:( money shot!

And I don't think Mark is on best terms with Fox at the moment:o Considering they released a butchered version of his film.

Aside from the A train scene..Daredevil was pretty damn faithful and honest.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Aside from the A train scene..Daredevil was pretty damn faithful and honest.

Yup. Even MSJ and Avi said. And argued a bit in the commentary for the DC about that. They both agreed the train should have been moved closer. Course then we wouldn't have gotten that cool line. As Mark put it "bad for the character, good for the story".

That's what I love about DD though. It shows him being the vigilante/superhero without the main story of the villian etc. shows him prowling etc. It has the voice over. It has the comedic scenes. Bullseye is still over the top insane(brilliantly played by Farrel mind you). I love that film more and more everyday. It's a shame we may never get a proper sequel atleast if one at all.

sanitized.jpg

zer00 said:
Yup. Even MSJ and Avi said. And argued a bit in the commentary for the DC about that. They both agreed the train should have been moved closer. Course then we wouldn't have gotten that cool line. As Mark put it "bad for the character, good for the story".

That's what I love about DD though. It shows him being the vigilante/superhero without the main story of the villian etc. shows him prowling etc. It has the voice over. It has the comedic scenes. Bullseye is still over the top insane(brilliantly played by Farrel mind you). I love that film more and more everyday. It's a shame we may never get a proper sequel atleast if one at all.

Yeah, some people still rag on DD, but what I loved about it was that it really did focus on Matt Murdock. Him and DD serve the same purpose, but DD is just Matt's extention of what he does as a lawyer. And I liked that they address some of the conflicts of that, through Matt's Catholicism. The priest character in both versions of the film were great. You can tell MSJ wanted more for the film than the studio was willing to give.

As for wanting him to direct FF, I'll stick with Story. He did exactly what I expected when handling the characters, treated them as a family, and played up that angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"