Fist of Legend coming to DVD!!!!!!

Reaction score
Ok, there's already a Dragon Dynasty thread, but this totally deserves a new thread, as this is arguably Jet Li's best work ever.

Jesus Christ, I am so excited.

Forget about the crappy Buena Vista DVD (terrible transfer, horrible dubbing, hideous music, no extras)....this one is going to be amazing, and it comes out next month! (the 9th, to be precise).

Honestly, the amount of badassness and asskicking in this movie is just staggering.

What's funny is that this is kind of a prequel to Fearless, so Jet Li plays the real-life master Huo Yuanjia in Fearless and his fictional student Chen Zhen in Fist of Legend :D

fistoflegendld9.jpg

Widely regarded as the greatest film of two legendary careers, Fist of Legend teams superstar Jet Li with martial arts choreographer Yuen Wo-ping (The Matrix) for "some of the best fight sequences you will ever see" (Dan Mitchell, IGN Movies). In this tribute to Bruce Lee's classic The Chinese Connection (aka Fists of Fury), Li radiates sheer power and coolness as a kung fu phenom living abroad who returns home to avenge the death of his master and save his martial arts school. Shifting effortlessly among diverse fighting styles, Li even fights blindfolded and wields his belt as a deadly weapon. Fist of Legend is essential viewing for any Jet Li fan and "the promised land for kung fu cinema" (HongKongCinema.com).

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Disc 1
  • Feature Length Commentary by Hong Kong Cinema expert Bey Logan
  • Disc 2
  • The Man Behind The Legend - An Exclusive Interview With Director Gordon Chan
  • Brothers In Arms - An Exclusive Interview With Kung Fu Impresario Chin Siu-ho
  • The Way Of The Warrior
  • An Exclusive Interview With Japanese Action Legend Kurata Yasuaki
  • The School Of Hard Knocks - A Screen Fighting Seminar At The Celebrated Kurata Action School
  • A Hollywood Look At Fist Of Legend With Director Brett Ratner & Critic Elvis Mitchell
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Trailer Gallery
If you don't know what Fist of Legend is, here's a trailer:

[YT]TsWCv-5EAT4[/YT]

cool...i was about to ask "isn't this alread on DVD?" but then you said "forget the crappy Buena Vista one." even though i'll probably check this one out cuz i love this movie, i'd be much more excited if it were coming out on blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"