Civil War In The Dcu?

roach said:
he should have said no and they should have(actually the US Government) asked for him to resign as Cap
Not only do I agree with that, that's pretty much what I said.

Chris Wallace said:
Not only do I agree with that, that's pretty much what I said.

I am glad I thought of it then:up:
First of all they really need to decide if Shield is U.S. or U.N. because if anyone was gonna order Cap it should have been an american official

Aren't The Avengers U.N. Or Does That No Longer Apply Since The Original Group Disbanded?

That depends. They're affiliated with SHIELD, and we're not clear if they are UN or US. ;)

SHIELD will probably end up being retconned in as a division of the US armed forces before CW's over. That's how it is in the Ultimate universe, and it's not like Bendis would bother to research anything about SHIELD in the 616 universe.
roach said:
but the administration has nothing to do with this....the people wanted this law, it got thru Congress and Senate and the gets signed by the President...who is following the will of the people. At no time did we see the Prez twirl his mustache because he was finally gonna have some people get him some more oil.
The administration has everything to do with a new law, and the president doesn't always follow the will of the people. That's why the US is a republic rather than a true democracy. Cap could feel that the administration is leading the people astray by offering this law up as the ultimate answer to superhuman problems when it's obviously not.

Also, the will of the people is not as cut and dried as it would seem. The will of part of the people was to secede in the 1800s, but the government stepped in and said "no." The American Civil War is basically the government telling the people that they're wrong because they're being shortsighted; Cap's doing the same in Marvel's Civil War.

It'd be so creepy if I told you right now he's an English major.

Oh, wait.

Chris Wallace said:
Did You Major In Political Science?
No, why? Am I totally off-base with my argument? I really don't know a whole hell of a lot about politics, to be honest. I'm one of those apathetic youths of the Internet age.

TheCorpulent1 said:
The administration has everything to do with a new law, and the president doesn't always follow the will of the people. That's why the US is a republic rather than a true democracy. Cap could feel that the administration is leading the people astray by offering this law up as the ultimate answer to superhuman problems when it's obviously not.

Also, the will of the people is not as cut and dried as it would seem. The will of part of the people was to secede in the 1800s, but the government stepped in and said "no." The American Civil War is basically the government telling the people that they're wrong because they're being shortsighted; Cap's doing the same in Marvel's Civil War.

I am just going by what I see in the book

TheCorpulent1 said:
No, why? Am I totally off-base with my argument? I really don't know a whole hell of a lot about politics, to be honest. I'm one of those apathetic youths of the Internet age.
No, you actually seem to know what you're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"