Classics to some, Not to you

I'll be honest, I dont care for much of Woody Allen's or Stanley Kubrick's stuff.

Oh, and also, JAWS!!!!!!!

Not Spielbergs best. Not by a long shot...

you could have just edited your quote, that's what it's for.

Sure, but it wouldnt have hi-lighted how much I f***ing hate Jaws.

okay, You could have went advanced and actually highlighted how mush you f*%#ing hate JAWS.

How do you suggest I do that, sir?

Jaws???!!!

Come on!!!

Watch this scene and tell me that's not greatness!

[YT]y_omt8Vmf3k&hl=en[/YT]

:doom: :doom: :doom:

You didn't watch it. I just finished and I started while I was posting.

Come on!!!

That scene is cinema gold!!!

You didn't watch it. I just finished and I started while I was posting.

Come on!!!

That scene is cinema gold!!!

Once again, not the greatest. Sure, it's good. Just not good enough to be on the pedestal everyone puts it on.

And Donald Pleasance's speech in Halloween is better.

Beverly Hills Cop - crap. Hardly Murphy's best.
Batman Begins - I like it, but it's not the "end all, be all" of comic book films, or even Batman films, and it's certainly not a classic.
Animal House - flame me all you want. Aside from Belushi and "Shout," I hardly enjoyed it.
Porky's - funny the first time, stupid, juvenile and witless the rest.
Titanic - a bloated, sappy waste of time. In terms of boredom, it lives up to its title.

THE GODFATHER.

It insists about itself.

How can you not like A CHRISTMAS STORY?

Batman Begins - I like it, but it's not the "end all, be all" of comic book films, or even Batman films, and it's certainly not a classic.

I agree....that honor will go to The Dark Knight. :D

The Usual Suspects...unlike everyone else the ending actually ruined the film for me

Juno
Jaws
Titanic
Batman 89
Xmen 2

Thats just off the top of my head

as much as I like Juno and X2, they're not 'classics'..yet.

I do have to say that I'm not too fond of 'Wizard of Oz'. I respect it though. Funny enough, I prefer 'Return to Oz' over 'Wizard of Oz'. Call me crazy!

I don't like the Matrix films (yes not even the first).

I don't like the Spider-man films (yes not even the second).

I don't like Mad Max (haven't seen road warrior or thunder dome).

I have to say that Mad Max (the first one) is fairly dull in tone. I like the visuals, but it lacked the 'post-apocalyptic' look of the Road Warrior.

The Road Warrior is one of the rare sequels that actually advances the look and tone from the first movie.

Ah, yes. I forgot to add this apparent "classic" to my earlier list:

Sandlot.

For me:

Blade Runner: Yes, a landmark in science fiction and futurism. But as a story? Pretentious and downright dull.
LOTR-RotK: Worse than the first two by a long way. Lacks the character of the others.
Batman 89/ Batman Returns: Overly stylised, didn't like Nicholson's joker. Prince soundtrack.

I find it interesting that Blade Runner is considered a classic particularly by critics considering that it was a flop when it first came out.

Even cult classics are considered somewhat bad, but if Blade Runner is such a cinematic achievement in film, then why was it a flop in the first place?

Never Ending Story.

Worst movie of all time (well, not as bad as Epic Movie, now THAT is CLASSIC Crap).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"