Clive Barker’s Jacqueline Ess is Coming to the Screen

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score

Ryan Turek January 29th 2014, 6:42 am
Clive Barker's "Books of Blood" has been mined for screen adaptations like Rawhead Rex, Candyman ("The Forbidden"), Midnight Meat Train and Book of Blood. Now, we're learning Raven Banner Entertainment has optioned Clive Barker’s short story Jacqueline Ess: Her Will and Testament, which originally appeared in Barker's anthology horror collection.
Raven Banner will produce with Barker's Seraphim Films on board to Executive Produce.
Jacqueline Ess tells the story of a beautiful woman with the ability to horrifically change people's body shapes simply with her mind. Her ability gives her the power to grant men the ultimate sexual experience, albeit one that always proves fatal. It's a story of sex, power, and the extremes that await us at the limits of desire.
“All of us at Raven Banner have been huge fans of Clive’s for years,” says managing partner Andrew Hunt, “and I personally have always loved the story of Jacqueline Ess, it has all the qualities one wants in a modern horror film, so I’m excited to see it finally being brought to life on film.”
“We love what Raven Banner is doing for horror,” says Seraphim’s VP Mark Miller. “We are excited to be collaborating with them.”
The film is currently being scripted, and is slated to go into production Fall 2014.

Lena Headey to Headline Clive Barker Adaptation Jacqueline Ess

Source: Variety
May 6, 2014

First announced for production earlier this year, the Clive Barker adaptation Jacqueline Ess has found its lead in 300, Dredd and "Game of Thrones" star Lena Headey, Variety reports.

In development through Raven Banner Entertainment, Jacqueline Ess adapt Barker's short story, "Jacqueline Ess: Her Will and Testament," which was first published in the horror anthology "I Shudder at Your Touch" and was later collected in Barker's own "Books of Blood."

Jacqueline Ess tells the story of a beautiful woman with the ability to horrifically change people's body shapes simply with her mind. Her ability gives her the power to grant men the ultimate sexual experience, albeit one that always proves fatal. It's a story of sex, power, and the extremes that await us at the limits of desire.

Raven Banner will produce with Barker's Seraphim Films on board to executive produce with first time feature director Jovanka Vukovic attached to helm. Vukovic also adapted the screenplay with Christian Francis.

I am happy Clive Barker's fiction is returning to cinemas, once again. There's been a Barker drought lately...I have a feeling The Winds of Winter will be released before the Scarlet Gospels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"