Clive Barker

Hotel room and air fair purchased. I'm super excited, and this will be my sons first horror con. I hope he likes it.
A little worried about the weather and the TSA situation.
Nice! Enjoy. :cwink:

My visit to see Clive at Days of the Dead started off a little rough. My son lost his luggage on the way to the airport, long story. I had to change flights and go home and pack another bag for him. So we arrived way too late Friday to attend the Cenobites Panel or Tony Todd. :csad:

My day started Saturday with me freaking out at the long ash line for prepaid tickets. My photo op was at 12:15pm and I was around the corner from the teller window at 11:45am. A little panicked but made it in time to see Clive's little corner store. As I entered I saw Greg Nicotero kneeling next to Clive, I internally gasped with glee, but kept my cool. I later stood a foot away as Nicotero pursued some original Clive art. I explained to my 8 year old who he was, he was completely unimpressed. I need a new kid.
All in all I am so glad I got to see him and that the weather held up and that Clive was feeling well enough to attend. He loved the book that he signed for me and drew a lovely picture for me. He wanted to make sure I knew that I had a first edition, I already knew, and that he's seen the book go for $300, I didn't know that. I had absolute chills and was shook after talking to him, best day ever.
51198191_10218694350812836_6492800188481011712_n.jpg

50721821_10218694351292848_3095444880835477504_n.jpg
51068855_10218694351052842_4676222033808326656_n.jpg

l
event_schedule.jpg

(I had some similar feelings in regards to Clive's health and care as I did with Stan Lee.)

Good to see that he seems to get better and better. It's weird that quite a few of these horror writers have had near death-experiences. Barker with toxic shock syndrome after a visit at his dentist. Stephen King was hit by a van. Peter Straub was hit by a car when he was a kid.

So lucky, and like :eek: said, it's good to hear he does seem to be getting better. Hopefully that carries on. That was interesting to hear that Imajica could go for $300. I just imported one from the U.S for £40 the other week, and it's in fairly decent condition. I can honestly say, I would not mind Clive Barker writing all over my First Editions of either Weaveworld or Imajica.

Such a huge fan of his. I would love to meet him some day.

He's been doing Con's lately. He'll be in Michigan this weekend. Do you follow him on facebook?

He's been doing Con's lately. He'll be in Michigan this weekend. Do you follow him on facebook?

I actually got rid of my FB account last year. Too much time wasted on it. I'll have to do a search for what locations he'll be traveling at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"