Clive Barker

Discussion in 'Books and Music' started by tzarinna, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Nice! Enjoy. :cwink:

2. tzarinna

tzarinna Mamochka

Thanks! ☺️

3. tzarinna

tzarinna Mamochka

My visit to see Clive at Days of the Dead started off a little rough. My son lost his luggage on the way to the airport, long story. I had to change flights and go home and pack another bag for him. So we arrived way too late Friday to attend the Cenobites Panel or Tony Todd. :csad:

My day started Saturday with me freaking out at the long ass line for prepaid tickets. My photo op was at 12:15pm and I was around the corner from the teller window at 11:45am. A little panicked but made it in time to see Clive's little corner store. As I entered I saw Greg Nicotero kneeling next to Clive, I internally gasped with glee, but kept my cool. I later stood a foot away as Nicotero pursued some original Clive art. I explained to my 8 year old who he was, he was completely unimpressed. I need a new kid.
    All in all I am so glad I got to see him and that the weather held up and that Clive was feeling well enough to attend. He loved the book that he signed for me and drew a lovely picture for me. He wanted to make sure I knew that I had a first edition, I already knew, and that he's seen the book go for $300, I didn't know that. I had absolute chills and was shook after talking to him, best day ever.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    l[​IMG]

(I had some similar feelings in regards to Clive's health and care as I did with Stan Lee.)

Patchwork Man likes this.
  4. :eek:

:eek: Registered

Good to see that he seems to get better and better. It's weird that quite a few of these horror writers have had near death-experiences. Barker with toxic shock syndrome after a visit at his dentist. Stephen King was hit by a van. Peter Straub was hit by a car when he was a kid.

tzarinna likes this.
  5. Brem

Brem Registered

So lucky, and like :eek: said, it's good to hear he does seem to be getting better. Hopefully that carries on. That was interesting to hear that Imajica could go for $300. I just imported one from the U.S for £40 the other week, and it's in fairly decent condition. I can honestly say, I would not mind Clive Barker writing all over my First Editions of either Weaveworld or Imajica.

tzarinna likes this.
  6. tzarinna

tzarinna Mamochka

7. MovieSlave

MovieSlave Registered

Such a huge fan of his. I would love to meet him some day.

8. tzarinna

tzarinna Mamochka

He's been doing Con's lately. He'll be in Michigan this weekend. Do you follow him on facebook?

9. MovieSlave

MovieSlave Registered

I actually got rid of my FB account last year. Too much time wasted on it. I'll have to do a search for what locations he'll be traveling at.

tzarinna likes this.
  10. tzarinna

tzarinna Mamochka