Cloak & Dagger Cloak and Dagger General Discussion

Its a mayhem that they are still in street clothes for the second season. God these Marvel live action shows!

We have gotten a reason for Steve Rogers and Thor's uniforms and Dr Strange's cape but not why Peter Parker put a suit together in the MCU. Others are wearing technology or ex S.H.I.E.L.D. paramilitary gear. Unless Ty re-beads his brother's cloak I would guess his hoodie will be all we get. At least they didn't go as far as the X-Men franchise snarking about yellow spandex

Its a mayhem that they are still in street clothes for the second season. God these Marvel live action shows!

Those live-aaction Marvel shows are the best cb shows on tv. I'm sick and tired hearing about the costumes. The MCU has plenty of costumed heroes. Those ahows are meant as character dramas first.Take it or leave it. I judge them on actual freakimg quality not on spandex quantity.

Honestly this has gone far enough. I wonder if you have the same distate for Gifted and Legion since there are no costumes in there either.

I also don't care about the lack of spandex thing.

Those live-aaction Marvel shows are the best cb shows on tv. I'm sick and tired hearing about the costumes. The MCU has plenty of costumed heroes. Those ahows are meant as character dramas first.Take it or leave it. I judge them on actual freakimg quality not on spandex quantity.

Honestly this has gone far enough. I wonder if you have the same distate for Gifted and Legion since there are no costumes in there either.

Its not just about the costumes. The pacing is also quite dragging and the shows over all are just not exciting. And those shows... Legixn is confusing while The Gifted is poorly written. Also majority of the characters in those shows were made up which just left a bad taste in my mouth.

As for being the best. Other than the Walking Dead, I don't watch those DC shows. So no comment about that.

I'm pro-costume as much as anyone else, but I also think it depends on the property.

For instance, Iron Fist needs the mask because #1 it's iconic and #2 it would help sub in an accomplished martial artist for action scenes to help Finn.

Now, while I love Cloak and Dagger's costumes, the show has already had Ty in the cloak a few times (and it can always be re-made) and has already established that he needs it to control his powers, so I think it'll be back. Tandy on the other hand will probably not wear anything close to any of the outfits she's had in the comics. None of them "work" in the world they've created.

Like I said, it just depends on the property and how it's adapted.

I'm pro-costume as much as anyone else, but I also think it depends on the property.

For instance, Iron Fist needs the mask because #1 it's iconic and #2 it would help sub in an accomplished martial artist for action scenes to help Finn.

Now, while I love Cloak and Dagger's costumes, the show has already had Ty in the cloak a few times (and it can always be re-made) and has already established that he needs it to control his powers, so I think it'll be back. Tandy on the other hand will probably not wear anything close to any of the outfits she's had in the comics. None of them "work" in the world they've created.

Like I said, it just depends on the property and how it's adapted.

I'd like to see Tandy's suit eventually be white stretch jeans and a white shirt with a similar cut in it to her classic costume. I could easily see that be put together like something our of H&M. while i'm fine with cloak remaking his cloak id also just be happy with a printed striped cloak, symbolism for his brother without being a beaded cloak. Though i can also easily see his GF just handing it to him and say "look what i remade for you"

I'd like to see Tandy's suit eventually be white stretch jeans and a white shirt with a similar cut in it to her classic costume. I could easily see that be put together like something our of H&M. while i'm fine with cloak remaking his cloak id also just be happy with a printed striped cloak, symbolism for his brother without being a beaded cloak. Though i can also easily see his GF just handing it to him and say "look what i remade for you"

That'd be a cool way to get another Cloak. I don't think we'll ever see Tandy in the Dagger outfit.

They may have an easter egg where she wears something like that to a party or to some social event but there really is no plausible reason why she'd wear it constantly unless it's something that starts to like form from her powers everytime she use them.

https://twitter.com/CloakAndDagger/status/1026883326093586438
DkA47wuVAAAWcR8.jpg

With all due respect, none of these Marvel show (Netflix or otherwise) "drag" any more or less than other shows on TV.

I think the difference is we comic book fans are conditioned to want action dang near all the time. If you're watching the shows waiting for the next "super heroic action scene" you're probably watching it wrong.

With all due respect, none of these Marvel show (Netflix or otherwise) "drag" any more or less than other shows on TV.

I think the difference is we comic book fans are conditioned to want action dang near all the time. If you're watching the shows waiting for the next "super heroic action scene" you're probably watching it wrong.

But playing devil's advocate here 'action' is a genre convention we expect to see in comic-book media. It's not wrong for people to expect to see non-stop action from a genre that typically sees lots of action take place.

I don't expect to see non-stop action. But I do expect to see more action in a Netflix show than there often is. Some people argue that they're not really comic book shows but just dramas. Well, if they're just that, then why not watch a different non-comic related drama instead?

I wonder if they will cast an Asian actor as Mister Jip as he is the comics. Jip's Cloak and Dagger doppelgangers Night and Day could also appear.

The 2nd Jester (Jody Putt) debuted as a villain in Cloak and Dagger's comic and fought them. Not sure a villain like Jester would probably fit with the tone of this show though.

I wonder if they will cast an Asian actor as Mister Jip as he is the comics. Jip's Cloak and Dagger doppelgangers Night and Day could also appear.

The 2nd Jester (Jody Putt) debuted as a villain in Cloak and Dagger's comic and fought them. Not sure a villain like Jester would probably fit with the tone of this show though.

I have never read the books but seeing as they were produced in the 80's and not the early 60's like The Mandarin's origins so I am guessing no negative Asian stereotypes to combat. To change the racial makeup of the character today would be politically incorrect and lead to cries of white washing

are there villains from the comics at all? Are the bad guys all human with no powers? what is the wildest stunt seen on the show so far?

are there villains from the comics at all? Are the bad guys all human with no powers? what is the wildest stunt seen on the show so far?
I haven't read the comics but since TV has not decided to show a world populated by random Inhumans and Mutants they would have to origin story any super powered antagonist. So the villains in the first season were corrupt cops and a corporate hit woman. Beyond the last scene and the emergence of a super comic character who will be pushed for season we had one character able to resist Dagger's supernatural power and presumably also shielded her and Cloak from his unrefined ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"