Colin Farrell IS The Penguin

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
Colin Farrell In Talks To Play The Penguin In ‘The Batman’ – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros is negotiating with Colin Farrell to play The Penguin in the Matt Reeves-directed The Batman. If the deal closes, he will round out the trio of villains going against Rob Pattinson’s Caped Crusader, with Paul Dano as The Riddler and Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman.

The Irish-born actor has turned in an array of performances in very different films that include Dumbo, Widows, Roman J. Israel Esq, The Lobster and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and has dialed up the intensity in a superhero villain role before when he menaced Ben Affleck’s Daredevil character in the showy role of Bullseye, years ago.

The Penguin was played by Danny DeVito in Tim Burton’s Batman Returns in 1992.

Farrell is repped by CAA

6hFcwI9.jpg

I wonder if they'll give him a fatsuit or just roll with handsome Penguin.

Literally any other character would be a better fit

This and Serkis as Alfred are the only casting choices I just don't get. If anything, it should legit be the other way around. Serkis makes much more sense as Penguin.

I'm just ... This got me forked up fr

Now this I didn’t see coming!

This and Serkis as Alfred are the only casting choices I just don't get. If anything, it should legit be the other way around. Serkis makes much more sense as Penguin.

I'm just ... This got me ****ed up fr
Serkis is tailor-made to play strange, warped characters (that’s a compliment lol), rather than a straitlaced butler/guardian for Bruce. I’m very interested to see how all these picks gel together. It’s going to feel a lot different to previous Bat-flicks.

Serkis is tailor-made to play strange, warped characters (that’s a compliment lol), rather than a straitlaced butler/guardian for Bruce. I’m very interested to see how all these picks gel together. It’s going to feel a lot different to previous Bat-flicks.
Yeah, I get it. It's "outside the box".

But we've already had this problem of actors that'd be great for one character cast as an entirely different character throughout the ENTIRE DCEU. Just... Can they for once NOT do that, please?

I mean you could've said the same thing about Gary Oldman when he got cast to play Gordon. It really isn't that weird.

28c1d3a23773ceb99cac3e7d0d402ea2.jpg

Something like this maybe? No, mask though. Maybe make him blind in one eye instead of a monocle.

I really hope they give him a fatsuit and mess his face up.

Not too sure about a fatsuit. Colin is the kind of actor that would put on the weight. He doesn't need to be too fat, but he definitely needs the beak nose.

I love Farrell and happy to see him in any role.

I hope they stick with handsome Penguin. Or at least nothing so extra as a broken bottle jabbed into his eye socket doubling for a monocle like the Arkham games. Always hated that.

Not too sure about a fatsuit. Colin is the kind of actor that would put on the weight. He doesn't need to be too fat, but he definitely needs the beak nose.
Then start eating those pies and cakes, Farell!

I'm just ... This got me ****ed up fr

Serkis seems more suited to Penguin than he is to Alfred or Farrell is to Penguin, and if I had to try cast Farrell as any Batman character I’d think maybe Harvey Dent.

Get him in Lobster shape, shave the top of his head, throw on some round glasses, and we good.

28c1d3a23773ceb99cac3e7d0d402ea2.jpg

Something like this maybe? No, mask though. Maybe make him blind in one eye instead of a monocle.
That's the main problem I have with this.

I forkING DESPISE Telltale Penguin, and that's, like, the main type I'd see Farrell doing.

Was not expecting this casting but it is interesting in the least. I love Farrell, he's underrated and a great actor.

The Killing of a Sacred Deer and The Lobster are good indicators for his take on the Penguin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"