Colour in numbers?

Cobblepot

Giant-Size Man-Thing
Reaction score
Anyway, I want to conduct a little test. Recently it has come to my attention that a number is connected to a colour, I'm just no sure my hunches are correct. So if any of you would like to help me...I would appreciate it, a lot! :oldrazz:

64048main_Primary_Colors_Pigment.jpg

Don't rate these 6 colors! Just number them with a number from 0 to 9, please put your answer between spoiler tags so the one posting after you isn't influenced.

Let's see what's the deal here.

[blackout]Red: 4, Blue: 8, Yellow: 5, Orange: 7, Purple: 9, Green: 3[/blackout]

but than wheres 1-2-6?
There aren't any. There are only six colors. You don't have to include every number. You just state which number pops into your head when you look at a specific color.

You forgot 0, btw. :o

Red - 3, Orange - 8, Yellow - 7, Green - 9, Blue - 4, Purple - 2, Black - 1

Definition:

the quality or state of the achromatic color of least lightness (bearing the least resemblance to white)
Achromatic = without color. If you're talking about EM waves and visible light, black = no color. Besides, the diagram lists all of the colors that are to be included...you'll notice that black is not listed in print.

FTW.

Achromatic = without color. If you're talking about EM waves and visible light, black = no color. Besides, the diagram lists all of the colors that are to be included...you'll notice that black is not listed in print.

FTW.

Achromatic: Designating color perceived to have zero saturation and therefore no hue

Achromatic: Designating color perceived to have zero saturation and therefore no hue
The term color in that definition is a misnomer. Once again, if you want to talk about visible light and EM waves, neither black nor white comprise a color. White, it turns out, is the combination of all visible EM wavelengths (i.e., every color).

EDIT: Besides, black is not included in the original question. So the point is moot. Read the diagram.

Besides, black is not included in the original question. So the point is moot. Read the diagram.

Does it really matter... I put it in for the sake of putting it in, I knew it wasn't listed but I chose to do so

The black doesn't HAVE to be counted, thus not messing with the results

I knew this wasn't going to work...LOL
Anyway I still have hope more people will post theirs.
Thanks Wall Crawler and Kingman.
And please people don't look at each other's spoilers.

Red 3, Yellow 7, Blue 1, Orange 4, Purple 5, Green 9

my girlfriends results:
Blue 5, Red 7, Yellow 3, Purple 3, Green 9, Orange 6

I associate the alphabet with colours, but not really numbers.

Do u associate numbers to letters?

Do u associate numbers to letters?
Not beyond the normal 10- T, 9- N etc

Although I think of 8 when I see H.

Come to think of it I do associate colour to numbers

Blue is 1 and 3
Yellow is 2
Green is 7
Orange is 4 and 9
Red is 5 and 8
Pink is 6
Black is 10.

A is Red
B is blue
C is yellow
D is green
E is blue
F is Red
G is green
H is green
I is yellow
J is blue
K is red

etc

I think it's from reading a book of letters when I was little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"