Comcast digital cable question

kane9321

oakland's finest
Reaction score
I was wondering about getting it and installing the box myself. Here's the question, I've called my cable company twice and got two differnet answers they told me it was simple to install and it just plugs in "my existing" cable line, I called again and they said it just plugs into my phone line.What is right?
thanx

Um, cable plugs into the cable outlet. At least my Comcast does for TV, Internet, and Phone.

I was wondering about getting it and installing the box myself. Here's the question, I've called my cable company twice and got two differnet answers they told me it was simple to install and it just plugs in "my existing" cable line, I called again and they said it just plugs into my phone line.What is right?
thanx

Either is possible. Some DVR type equipment requires it to be plugged into a phone line to recieve updates and transmit certain data. (Tivo used to be like this. Wheter that's still the case I can't say) If all you want is digital cable, then it should be plug and play with your existing cable line. They could even have different model boxes that you can plug up multiple ways. I have Cox, and all updates are handled over the cable line itself. In this day and age of the cell phone, I think it's pretty stupid to have to rely on the phone line for updates. I don't even have a landline anymore.

Comcast does internet, cable and phone.

So as long as you have the cable outlet that plugs into the back of the modem, it should work.

However, I was under the impression that the cable is usually a separate one apart from the the "cable for your tv". :huh:

thanks for the quick response

i'm thinking ..got a cable cord..getting a digital box..plug cable in box ..bam

yes guitarsingerguy...just want digital cable ..thats it

thanks for the quick response

i'm thinking ..got a cable cord..getting a digital box..plug cable in box ..bam

yes guitarsingerguy...just want digital cable ..thats it

Then it should be as simple as that. Your cable should go directly into the digital box out of the digital box to your TV. :up:

Comcast does internet, cable and phone.

So as long as you have the cable outlet that plugs into the back of the modem, it should work.

However, I was under the impression that the cable is usually a separate one apart from the the "cable for your tv". :huh:

I believe it splits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"