Comcast digital cable question

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by kane9321, Dec 10, 2007.

1. kane9321 oakland's finest

I was wondering about getting it and installing the box myself. Here's the question, I've called my cable company twice and got two differnet answers they told me it was simple to install and it just plugs in "my existing" cable line, I called again and they said it just plugs into my phone line.What is right?
    thanx

2. Badger Side-Kick my Ass!

Um, cable plugs into the cable outlet. At least my Comcast does for TV, Internet, and Phone.

3. guitarsingerguy Who am I?

Either is possible. Some DVR type equipment requires it to be plugged into a phone line to recieve updates and transmit certain data. (Tivo used to be like this. Wheter that's still the case I can't say) If all you want is digital cable, then it should be plug and play with your existing cable line. They could even have different model boxes that you can plug up multiple ways. I have Cox, and all updates are handled over the cable line itself. In this day and age of the cell phone, I think it's pretty stupid to have to rely on the phone line for updates. I don't even have a landline anymore.

4. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Comcast does internet, cable and phone.

So as long as you have the cable outlet that plugs into the back of the modem, it should work.

However, I was under the impression that the cable is usually a separate one apart from the the "cable for your tv". :huh:

5. kane9321 oakland's finest

thanks for the quick response

i'm thinking ..got a cable cord..getting a digital box..plug cable in box ..bam

yes guitarsingerguy...just want digital cable ..thats it

6. guitarsingerguy Who am I?

Then it should be as simple as that. Your cable should go directly into the digital box out of the digital box to your TV. :up:

7. Showtime Your Friend In Time

I believe it splits.

8. knowsbleed Registered

coax to coax. makes sense to me :woot: