Come Away - Brenda Chapman's Live Action Debut

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Angelina Jolie & David Oyelowo To Star In Fantasy ‘Come Away’; ‘Brave’ Helmer Brenda Chapman’s Live-Action Debut
Come Away is imagined as a prequel to Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan. Before Alice went to Wonderland, and before Peter became Pan, they were brother and sister. When their eldest brother dies in a tragic accident, they each seek to save their parents (Jolie & Oyelowo) from their downward spirals of despair until finally they are forced to choose between home and imagination. This sets the stage for their iconic journeys into Wonderland and Neverland.
Alright, I'm paying attention.

Lets see how this goes. Definitely interested.

The last Alice in Wonderland movie we got bombed. The last Peter Pan movie we got bombed. I don't see how combining them could be a recipe for a hit.

I think the fact that the title (which, granted, could change) isn't a neon display screaming "THIS IS A PETER PAN/ALICE IN WONDERLAND MOVIE!" helps. The description, to me, also sounds quite a bit different than either of those movies. Higher drama element. Kind of like A Monster Calls.

This sounds awful. Yet another prequel about characters before they were interesting. Pan before he can fly, Alice before Wonderland? Sometimes I can't even with these execs...

My gut feeling is that this will be either really good, or really bad.

Sounds like a high concept project that will make no sense to the general audience.

Mashing two unrelated properties seems like it will be disastrous. It's like Batman VS Blade Runner.

Interesting, kind of a Beasts of the Southern Wild feel to it.

Whose director actually did his own riff of the Peter Pan story just earlier this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"