BvS Comic-Con 2015 trailer!

^ I think it's because the SS trailer was amazing. For me, the BvS trailer was equally amazing, but I wouldn't be surprised if some people think the SS one was better. It was way better than I expected. Plus, the Joker and Harley are popular.

More popular than Batman and Superman?

Well, the Joker might be as popular as they are, or at least close.

But I'm not claiming that's the only factor. The trailer was simply very well-done. It had a flow and all the snippets of performances were impressive.

Let's also be clear... What is the difference between the two in viewings? It's not like the BvS trailer (which had a teaser before, let's remember) has 100,000 views and the SS one has 65 million. They are pretty comparable.

Novelty factor. A gritty villain-centric film with some fairly strong star power. Plus a brand new Joker. That counts for a lot.

Let's also be clear... What is the difference between the two in viewings? It's not like the BvS trailer (which had a teaser before, let's remember) has 100,000 views and the SS one has 65 million. They are pretty comparable.
Well I think it speaks more to the SS property that it had about a 3 day lag behind the BvS trailer and is now on a steady lead. Who here would've predicted that? Just a year ago I certainly didn't think SS would be anything more than a modest success for WB.

The SS trailer is taking off because of the star cast. And Joker. And Harley.

The SS trailer is taking off because of the star cast. And Joker. And Harley.

And the fact that it's gotten a giant placement at the top of the Youtube main page for the past week, when BVS was up there for, like, 2-3 days.

Anyone else find it very weird that the Suicide Squad trailer has surpassed Batman v Supermans? It's even on it's way to surpass the first BvS trailer which has 44 million views.

I've heard people say "Well that's because of Joker and Harley." To which I'd still have to say that's weird. Are we really living in an age with Joker, Harley, and the SS squad have garnered most interest from people than the two most iconic superheroes being together in a movie for the first time. Batman AND Superman!?

This is mindboggling.
it's impossible!!! are you sure??? how come???!!!

well, impossible is nothing in today world...
i thought the best SS will do, will be like the green hulk. well, i am always wrong on box office estimate.

All these trailer views... all I'm hearing is good buzz for the DCCU. :D

SS is also something VERY different/unique amongst CBM's. So I'd imagine that that alone intrigues people. "A comic book movie where the villains are the leads, with Joker, Harley Quinn, and Will Smith in it. Hell yeah, lets check it out."

I think it's because the GA has never heard of suicide squad and are intrigued by the idea of an anti avengers. People kind of expect batman and superman to be paired together simply because of greater exposure.

I wonder how many views the first BvS trailer had in this amount of time, or how many views last year's comiccon trailer would have had if it was officially released.

I think it's because the GA has never heard of suicide squad and are intrigued by the idea of an anti avengers. People kind of expect batman and superman to be paired together simply because of greater exposure.
the idea SS could make more than BvS is too insane to comprehend. what's an insane world today...

I love how people spin good news for the DC films as bad news for the DC films. The comic con trailer is BvS's second trailer so it's not even a real comparison.

Some people would pass over a banquet to find a few fish bones to choke on. Let them.

All these trailer views... all I'm hearing is good buzz for the DCCU. :D

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y! If anything, shouldn't fans of DC be freakin ecstatic that Suicide Squad (which is APART of the MoS/BvS world) getting equal interest?

Judging by how DC/WB doesn't have a plan (lol) I would label this as an arrow being pointing in the positive direction!

I think it's because the SS trailer was amazing. For me, the BvS trailer was equally amazing, but I wouldn't be surprised if some people think the SS one was better. It was way better than I expected. Plus, the Joker and Harley are popular.

Yes, I completely agree, but (you may not like what I'm about to say) the SS trailer was also displaying quite a bit of sexy bad/mad-girl perfection in the form of Margot Robbie's particular spin on Harley Quinn.

Wonder Woman, as played by Gal Gadot, is very beautiful and kick-ass, but the BvS trailer wasn't looking to capitalize on WW`s sexuality (and rightly so since that isn`t WW`s defining characteristic).

Long story short, the SS trailer was sexy and intriguing to non-comic fans who might simply be looking at SS as a cool edgy movie that they might not necessarily directly equate with other comic book films as compared to BvS which is drawing upon the bankability of the most iconic and popular comic book characters of all time.

Being directly promoted by YouTube certainly doesn`t hurt either, as Sawyer rightly pointed out earlier in this thread.

The trailer doing well is a positive for SS not a negative for BvS.

I love how people spin good news for the DC films as bad news for the DC films. The comic con trailer is BvS's second trailer so it's not even a real comparison.

Well, now, dontcha see that releasing a lengthy trailer that stole the show at Comic Con and got a 99% positive response from fans just shows that WB "isn't confident in its own product" like those guys at Star Wars who know they could make a billion dollars even if their film consists of two hours of a malnourished dog chowing down on his own turds set to the John Williams theme. - The Guardian

:funny: Rows, you have to let that Guardian thing go. They are usually a bit absurd.

day-pols-didnt-turn.gif

That's all you need to know, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"