Comic-Con Owner Arrested For Execution-Style Murder of Wife

PhotoJones

Avenger
Reaction score
What's with people killing people execution-style all of a sudden?

Newsarama said:
According to The Johnstown Tribune Democrat Comics World owner, and organizer of the Pittsburgh Comic-Con Michael George has been arrested, charged with the “execution-style” murder of his wife 17 years ago in Michigan.

As the paper reports, in July of 1990, Barbara Marie George was found dead from a single shot to the head from a .38-caliber gun in the couple’s comic shop in Clinton Township, MI, also called Comics World. $30,000 of comics were taken, according to reports. According to the report, Barbara George was killed after closing the store to prepare a surprise birthday party for Michael.

Somerset County District Attorney Jerry Spangler said he could not say what led Michigan investigators to Michael George, 17 years later. George will most likely be extradited to Michigan this week to stand trial for homicide and possession of a firearm to commit a felony.

Shortly after his wife’s murder in Michigan, George relocated to Pennsylvania where, together with his wife, Renee’, founded the Pittsburgh Comicon, which celebrated its 14th anniversary this April.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=124313

Why do people always have to include the specific detail "Execution-Style"? :huh:

Would it be less murdery if he just walked in and surprised her by shooting her?

Why do people always have to include the specific detail "Execution-Style"? :huh:

Would it be less murdery if he just walked in and surprised her by shooting her?

It's commonly accepted that execution style is without a doubt intended murder. It's definitely not an accident.

The real question is what exactly is execution style?
Is this?:
SHADOWS%20STILL-%20Nightmare%20Executioner.jpg

It's commonly accepted that execution style is without a doubt intended murder. It's definitely not an accident.
Well these mroans should stop doing it Execution Style.
But I wouldn't think it would matter if they have enough to arrest the guy for murder.
The Style doesn't prove it wasn't an accident, or who "executed" the victim.

What's with people killing people execution-style all of a sudden?

well . . . this happened 17 years ago, so it doesn't really qualify as "all of a sudden" :o

I suspect it was because she felt that Superman had been too overpowered during the Byrne years.

seriously though . . . that's totally fuacked up . . . he killed his own wife 'execution style' which means she pry knew it was him, and was trying to surprise him for his bday on top of it :(

Yeah, the circumstances under which a person is murdered can make a big difference in how much jail time the defendant can get. You've got your voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, first-degree murder, second-degree murder, all with varying sentences for prison time.

I suspect it was because she felt that Superman had been too overpowered during the Byrne years.
I hate Superman, so I'm not sure, but I thought Byrne came to strip his powers away to do away with the old "juggles planets with a smile and suddenly shrinks down to the size of an ant when necessary" Superman of the 50's, 60's and 70's. :executionstyle:

well . . . this happened 17 years ago, so it doesn't really qualify as "all of a sudden" :o

Actually, the guy was just arrested for it. So while, the murder happened 17 years ago, it was just recently done by him.

I hate Superman, so I'm not sure, but I thought Byrne came to strip his powers away to do away with the old "juggles planets with a smile and suddenly shrinks down to the size of an ant when necessary" Superman of the 50's, 60's and 70's. :executionstyle:

haha . . . Wilhelm execution style-posted against Terry78 :D

photojones2 said:
Actually, the guy was just arrested for it. So while, the murder happened 17 years ago, it was just recently done by him.
Mm-no, the murder happened 17 years ago regardless of when other people found out who did it.
L-FIL.jpg
thd_crazy.gif

Mm-no, the murder happened 17 years ago regardless of when other people found out who did it.

Right. Like I said, the murder happened 17 years ago. This dude was just brought in for it. It's all ridiculous semantics, anyway. ;)

So you meant, "What's with 'people killing execution style' being in the media all of a sudden.". Ah

we're all missing out on the main point here.

$30,000 worth of comics! :wow: :hyper:

According to the report, Barbara George was killed after closing the store to prepare a surprise birthday party for Michael.
WOW! .. i just got a chilling flash back to Identity Crisis :p

I guess he really didn't want a surprise party. :huh:

Is execution-Style the new murder fad. I mean seriously, we've seen like 3 excution style murder stories in the past week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"