BvS Commissioner Gordon Casting Thread

What? No.

think about it man, aint Commissioner Gordon always been far older than Bruce? by at least what.... 20 years? more even? if Batfleck is supposed to be much older in BvS than how Baleman was, shouldnt Jim Gordon be closer to retirement if not retired already?

i'd love for Gordon to feature in this film-- specially if he can get some screen time with Perry White or Lois-- the Daily Planet team working with Gotham's Finest is a long time coming that should be immortalized onscreen.

Superman - 33 years, Batman - 40 year old, Gordon 15 years older than Bruce Wayne which makes him - a 55 year old.

Now, in most countries 55 years is not the retirement age for Cops (as I understand.) Gordon still should have 5 more years before he retires.

Edit: Cranston is 58 so he is perfect age. (IMO.)

Macy, to me, reminds me a little too much of Gary Oldman. He hasn't got a tough sounding voice or presence.Oldman's Gordon was a rather meek man, who had to be tough when the situation called for it.

Now, Cranston. He's perfect at being tough. He would come off as more hardened and no ******** type, Commissioner. Perfect for a Gordon that's been in the business longer. Grey up his hair, and Bob's your uncle and fanny's your aunt :up:

This. I could see Macy as a scientist type before a "tough" type, maybe.

Poor, Gordon.

We've changed him from white to black, old to young and now, man to woman! :wow:

Is this some kind of distorted Michael Jackson thing going on?

I still think Bryan Cranston will be perfectly fitting in the role

1. Bryan Cranston
2. Kurt Russell
3. Dennis Quaid

My top three choices for Gordon.

I know everyone loves Cranston as Gordon, but I don't think it's going to happen. I think Jeff Daniels would make a pretty good Gordon. Him or even Ben's best friend, Matt Damon.

Dennis Quaid should retire cuz he was never more than a one-note borefest of an actor anyway.

Cranston and Russell. Ill do insane amounts of handstands if any of them are cast in a Affleck directed movie, with Jeremy Irons and an awesome actor playing an older Joker.

Derrick, dont be so sure about Cranston. He was in Affleck's very own Argo. There's a high chance.

A Gordon who is barely two years older than Batman? Pass.

There are several other DC roles I can see Damon in, though...

No I mean as in turn Jim Gordon into a female.

Personally I think Hunter would make an awesome Gordon to Affleck's old and grizzled Batman.

Yeah, I offered up the "Holly Hunter : Gotham City Commissioner" theory a few pages back. The Dark Knight Returns has a female commissioner, so it's not out of the question IMO. Why have to be Gordon this time?

Bryan Cranston is literally perfect, I hope it's him. Other choices for me would be...

(no particular order)

Michael Ironside
Jeff Bridges
William Hurt
James Brolin
Ted Levine
William H. Macy
Bruce Boxleitner
Kurt Russell
Tom Selleck
John Hurt
Bruce Willis
Harrison Ford

If Dennis Quaid is casted in any role, in any superhero movie, ever, I'll puke. He's flat out awful. I also want nothing to do with Holly Hunter as the Commissioner.

Superman - 33 years, Batman - 40 year old, Gordon 15 years older than Bruce Wayne which makes him - a 55 year old.

Now, in most countries 55 years is not the retirement age for Cops (as I understand.) Gordon still should have 5 more years before he retires.

Edit: Cranston is 58 so he is perfect age. (IMO.)

oh, is that the official stats for this franchise? and I thought 40 year old Bats was basing it solely on Ben's chronological age rather than anything story related.

not being a smartypants ok, just trying to sort out my facts from speculation

^ Michael Ironside!!! My word.
I want his voice but he doesn't really have the physical aspect of him. Hasn't he always been slim or muscular?

Actually Cranston DOES seem more probable especially if Ben is directing a solo Batflick. I forgot he was in Argo! Is a Cranston/Goodman Gordon/Bullock pairing too farfetched and fanboyish?

Bryan Cranston is literally perfect, I hope it's him. Other choices for me would be...

(no particular order)

Michael Ironside
Jeff Bridges
William Hurt
James Brolin
Ted Levine
William H. Macy
Bruce Boxleitner
Kurt Russell
Tom Selleck
John Hurt
Bruce Willis
Harrison Ford

If Dennis Quaid is casted in any role, in any superhero movie, ever, I'll puke. He's flat out awful. I also want nothing to do with Holly Hunter as the Commissioner.

Michael Ironside?! For Darkseid right?

Actually Cranston DOES seem more probable especially if Ben is directing a solo Batflick. I forgot he was in Argo! Is a Cranston/Goodman Gordon/Bullock pairing too farfetched and fanboyish?
Not as much as Cranston as Gordon, Dean Norris as Bullock and Aaron Paul as Nightwing :hrt:

oh, is that the official stats for this franchise? and I thought 40 year old Bats was basing it solely on Ben's chronological age rather than anything story related.

not being a smartypants ok, just trying to sort out my facts from speculation

No, It's an educated guess..since WB tried to lure Bale for another (possibly a team-up) movie after TDKR and they got Goyer to write the movie (BvS) which could be tweaked to accommodate Bale if he changed his mind.

Bale is just a year younger than Affleck so considering ages of both Batman actors, Batman's age is around 40 in the movie, then you have Bruce becoming orphan at age of ten, when Gordon was lieutenant (which makes him around 25.)

Which gives us - Batman (age 40), Commish. Gordon (age 55)

I'm on a downer since I finished a couple weeks ago :waa:

I haven't seen it lol It's on Sky Atlantic and I'm with Virgin.

Michael Ironside?! For Darkseid right?

I guess I should have put his name lower on my list, he wouldn't be one of my top choices for the role (I did say no particular order, I actually added his name last but out of convenience put him at the top because that's where my mouse was at the time). But I definitely think he's someone who could play the role, though he doesn't look the role as much as most of the others. I just wanted to throw a bunch of names out of guys I think would be good because 99% of the time the obvious choices don't get picked.

And I'm sure this is blasphemy on a website full of diehard fans but I'm not on the Michael Ironside for Darkseid bandwagon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"