Concept for a Green Lantern Fighting Game: Looking for Feedback / Suggestions.

CostumeN00b

Civilian
Reaction score
Sorry, this is going to be a long post. However, I really want to be thorough in explain my concept.

I have this idea for a Green Lantern Fighting Game. I'd like to bounce it off you guys and get some feedback. The whole thing is too long to post, but I'll share more if you want me to.

1) Most of the fighters are from various lantern corps (with maybe a couple of guests who've worn power rings, like Blue Lantern Flash or Yellow Lantern Batman). I want to get the game mechanics figured out before figuring out roster.

2) It would be a 2-vs-2 tag fighter. More in the vein of Street Fighter x Tekken, with no assists. The types of rings the characters wear would "synergize" with their partner's and opponents' rings (more on that later).

3) Each corps would have their own unique attributes:

- Green Lanterns: standard with no unique properties.

- Sinestro Corps: generally lower attack power than green, but certain moves can inflict "fear status" (debuff that lowers attack and speed).

- Red Lanterns: lower defense, but higher attack power with the ability to inflict chip damage.

- Orange: gains super meter slower, but certain moves can drain the opponents' super meter to replenish your own. Maybe meter burn versions can drain opponents' life bar?

- Blue: generally lower stats, but has an ability to temporarily buff their own attack, defence and speed. Similar to Bane in Injustice, but lasts longer ane recharges quicker.

- Indigo: copies one move from their tag team partner. If two indigo lanterns are on a team, they copy one of each other's moves (both fighters have two moves the same).

- Star Sapphire: certain moves stun opponents with either the dust from the constructs or trapping them in the crystals (think Sub-Zero from MK).

- Black: slower than others (referencing that they're zombies) but can inflict necrosis on opponents (damage over time like poison mechanics in other games).

- White: not sure how to make it work as it's own thing. Might have it as a last-minute power up for Kyle (think Ky's Dragon Install from Guilty Gear Strive. Character gets to 30% health, can use the move to power up permanently till the end of the match).

- Not sure about Ultraviolet or other corps. You guys got any suggestions?

- Characters would have their default rings, but considering adding alternate versions of characters that use slightly different movesets to work with the different ring attributes. Sort of like how they have 3 versions of Goku and Vegeta in Dragon Ball FighterZ.

4) Ring synergy. This references how the rings actually react to each other. For example, Yellow ring users would have a buff going against green ring users. Star Sapphires have a buff against red. Teaming up a green and blue user would give the GL a buff. Teaming up a blue with an orange would result in the OL gaining meter at a normal rate (referencing how a blue can actively lessen an orange's hunger). You get the idea, right? For the sake of competitive tournaments, this feature can be turned off.

5) You can make your own avatar characters, like Street Fighter 6. Can choose rings and fighting style.

6) Start off as Green Lantern, but can choose which GL to train under for your first fighting style.

7) You will have to earn the other rings before you can start learning the styles of the fighters from that corps. For example, Sinestro corps mission is going through the "test of fear", while Orange is sneaking past Larfleeze to "borrow" an orange ring from his stockpile.

8) Avatar character can wear multiple rings in order to customize moveset the way they want. Certain fighting styles / moves are only available by wearing certain rings. And yes, their stats would be affected.

9) The avatar mode would still be 2-vs-2, and once you start learning a character's fighting style, you can choose that character as a tag team partner right away.

10) For fighters with extra body parts, the avatar would create said body parts with light constructs. For example, Bleez, the avatar creates light wings. And yes, if Brother Warth uses his trunk for certain moves, the avatar would give themselves a construct trunk while using his style.

11) Avatar appearance fully customizable (much like SF6). Clothing mostly corps uniform type stuff (having the logos), but there'd be a wide variety. Power armour, spandex bodysuits, pants, skirts, dresses, even bikinis.

I doubt DC / WB would be up for this right now. The Injustice series is their big DC Fighter right now. Not to mention their new strategy to avoid doing AAA titles. But I still think this idea has some potential.

So, what do you think? Critiques? Suggestions? Ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"