Concerns about your OWN Candidate

Malice

BMFH
Reaction score
OK...
We obviously have negative things about the opponent of your candidate.
So now, you cannot talk AT ALL about the person OPPOSING your candidate.
AT ALL..

I will start.
As you know, I am a supporter of McCain, and even more with Palin now.

I can only talk about concerns...or problems with them...here I go.

1) I am worried with the Civil Rights issues.
I am concerned that even more policies might cause even more restrictions....this is BY FAR my biggest concern. We are close to police state now because of Bush/Congress/People's paranoia. Its gone to far. We need to step back and rethink things. The Patriot Act was a good idea for "intelligence" but not for keeping the public safe from itself. This is by far the biggest complaint.

2) Immigration
I feel McCain is a little too soft on it. Granted, I have YET to hear any solution from a politician that I am even remotely satisfied with.

3) Fair Tax
I have been a supporter since I read the books....McCain from what I have seen is "cursory" supporting it....meaning....no, but yes when in a small meeting with a few people. I think this would be a huge benefit to the nation across the board.

That is all I can think of at this time. (I may think of more after I eat)

Now...YOU need to post concerns about your own canidadate....
NO POSTING about the opposing candidate.

Obama-

FISA. Stupid position(s)

Healthcare. NO socialized healthcare...ever.

Immigration. To tough on it.

Palin -

1. Relatively Thin Resume

Yes, I'll admit.....this is her "weakest point." It kind of dampens the main argument against Obama. It would have been better if Palin was serving her 2ND term as Governor.....and not just her 1st.

2. Prior ties to Pork

Palin's ties to pork barrell spending, especially as Mayor, have been reported by various media sources. Now, whether the stories are entirely true or entirely accurate, she MUST address these issue, either through Media interviews or during the debate. If it is true, she MUST not dodge the issue....she MUST explain her position honestly, as this runs counter to her image.

Obama-

1. The Debates-with the debates coming up in a few weeks, I'm worried that the Obama's words will have little substance to gain the atvantage our party needs. I'm afraid it will be just like in the primary debates.

2. Tax plan-while I'm all for tax cuts for low-mid income families, I'm concerned with how overtaxing corporations will affect consumers and employees in the private sector, not to mention investors who seek capital growth for retirement.

McCain:

1. Like Malice Said, no open support for the FairTax. But, I do think that it's on the table, and because of the easy way to demogouge and easy for Democrats to say "They'll increase your taxes 23%", he'll be on board after the election.

2. Immigration. He's not strong enough on it.

3. Economy, his plans are better than the other option, but, he doesn't sell his plan enough, and I'm not sure he knows why his plan is better, only that it is different.

4. He does talk about being a POW too much, but I know why he does it.

This is interesting...we need more posts here...

Obama-

1. I'm concerned he'll be Jimmy Carter, and I hate Biden.

2. I'm also concerned democrats don't know how to win an election if their in the lead and will find some interesting ways (more than they already have) to cut off their nose to spite their face.

3. I'm concerned that his programs will end up sticking the middle class with the bill and destroy the economy.

I added more..............

I am concerned that even more policies might cause even more restrictions....this is BY FAR my biggest concern. We are close to police state now because of Bush/Congress/People's paranoia. Its gone to far. We need to step back and rethink things. The Patriot Act was a good idea for "intelligence" but not for keeping the public safe from itself. This is by far the biggest complaint.

2) Immigration
I feel McCain is a little too soft on it. Granted, I have YET to hear any solution from a politician that I am even remotely satisfied with. We cant do nothing, we cant just ship them all out...

3) Fair Tax
I have been a supporter since I read the books....McCain from what I have seen is "cursory" supporting it....meaning....no, but yes when in a small meeting with a few people. I think this would be a huge benefit to the nation across the board.

4) Palins Experience
Frankly, I am convinced she could do the job, but its always a small little nagging issue that she really has only had a year and a half of xp in a major seat.

5) Economy
His economic ideas so far are ok. I think more can significantly be done.

6) Energy
I think he wants to get into alternative energy, but I don't think he is that gung ho about it. To me, I think we need to have a MASSIVE program (and yes, this means spending, which I am generally against) to get the energy independence program underway. The sooner we do this, the better.

7) Education
I don't think he is wanting to really do much with education. I think he needs to trully get ingrained with teachers and get some good ideas, not from administrators.

7) Education
I don't think he is wanting to really do much with education. I think he needs to trully get ingrained with teachers and get some good ideas, not from administrators.

Same , but on the Obama side. Throwing more funding toward NCLB as a fix was never his strong card in Ed's book.

Another concern I have with Obama is how he's going to handle his association with people like William Ayers-this could hurt things for him in the race if it isn't dealt with, and the Republican's WILL use this against him.

Obama

1. Inexperience.
2. Supposedly he's not willing to debate McCain? What?
3. Whats the deal with this "terrorist" he knew 30 years ago?

Obama:

1. Lack Of Experience - I'm not going to overlook this like it's a non-issue like a lot other Obama supporters have. He hasn't held an executive position and has no prior leadership skills under any circumstances. His only prior rise to prominence was in his state's legislature.

2. Race - Part of me worries that Obama will be another biased race baiter like Sharpton and Jackson. I'll admit that there's nothing in his professional past that indicates he'll go in this direction, but I can't quite shake the idea out of my head.

3. His Past - the Ayers and Wright connections still bother me. I don't think Obama really agreed with Wright said, but I also think it's pretty naive to suggest that Obama knew nothing of Wright's views, and there's also a chance Obama may have agreed with some of them.

My concerns are whether Obama will be assassinated. I know this country has come a long way...but the question is...has it come far enough?

Also, it's becoming clearer and clearer that McCain/Palin's thinking on GUNZ, BIBLEZ and BABIEZ is going to be a central talking point in this election. How will Obama counter those extreme views without alienating others?

Last edited:
I take it this is just presidential? Okay.

Obama:

1. He may completely give-in to off-shore drilling. Sure, he called it a stop-gap measure and no solution in his speech last Thursday, but that wasn't a refusal. And he has admitted as much that he would be willing to compromise on something he simply should not compromise on.

2. He'll actually keep his ridiculous and pandering pledge to strengthen and fund Faith-based initiatives even more.

3. He may be looked down upon for his cool demeaner by other world leaders as weak. However, they did that to Truman and Kennedy as well and that always sets the chance to prove yourself to an even greater degree.

4. He'll pull troops back in Iraq, but not redeploy numbers to stabilize Afghanistan.

5. I am sure universal healthcare is going to get pushed down the line for several years until the economy is healthy again, but I'm afraid that will just go onto be an unfulfilled promise again.

Those were the five that came off the top of my head.

A few more I thought of:

6. He'll really keep the wiretapping policies and "turn-a-blind-eye" to torture in the press.

7. He'll be ineffective like Jimmy Carter. I think he is really smart, but it could happen.

8. He won't do enough for creating alternative resources. Whichever country becomes the pioneer in creating alternative fuel sources will either make, break or re-energize their "super powerness," not to mention create a whole new market of jobs that will make the information age of the '90s look small.

and probably the biggest that I realize is in the back of my mind.

9. If he is elected he'll be the first black president. And the first black anything has ended in many BAD ways in this country. And given he already has comparisons to the Kennedy brothers.

The last one is a big fear beyond politics.

Last edited:
Is there any substance behind the rhetoric?
Obama has a solid vision for this country, as far as I'm concerned, but there's nothing in his record which proves to me he can pull it off.

His "separate but equal" stance on Gay Marriage
Not a fan of his view that marriage should be between a man and a woman, and that civil unions should be available for gay couples. Civil unions for heterosexuals is marriage without a religious figure; civil unions for homosexuals is non-marriage by the state which continues to separate homosexuals from heterosexuals and conform to the heteronormative policies this country still can't seem to get over.

My biggest conern about Obama BY FAR is his security.

Obama

-Picked a VP with a history of criticizing him. Too much of one.

-Is still finding the balance between his own vision and the Democratic platform.

-FISA.

-Does not respond to criticism the way I'd like (too dismissive).

Sounds like both candidates are jackasses.

I'm voting for Bin Laden. He doesn't flip-flop like Obama/McCain (he still hate America, always has, always will). He gets the job done with very little money...with only a few people willing to die for him. He's incredibly experienced at what he does, his words can knock over buildings...literally. He has many wives...***** is plentiful to him. He doesn't drive a big fancy car. He doesn't fly a big fancy plane. He doesn't live in a big fancy house. He's rich but lives in poverty. He's smarter than the U.S. Army...because the United States can't find one man, but they can find anyone of us with an unpaid college bill. Oh, and he has constantly made a fool out of President Bush in trying to catch him, although just about anyone can do that, including himself. :cool:

Bin Laden has lots of money, lots of followers, and gets to live in ****ing caves. Plus, his position on offshore drilling changes too much.

Obama's support of the FISA bill.

I like that he intends on pulling out of Iraq, but he wants to continue on in Afghanistan. Though I can understand the decision to keep the fight going in Afghanistan I feel the occupation there is almost as wrong as the occupation of Iraq.

I added more..............

2) Immigration
I feel McCain is a little too soft on it. Granted, I have YET to hear any solution from a politician that I am even remotely satisfied with. We cant do nothing, we cant just ship them all out...

3) Fair Tax

4) Palins Experience
Frankly, I am convinced she could do the job, but its always a small little nagging issue that she really has only had a year and a half of xp in a major seat.

5) Economy
His economic ideas so far are ok. I think more can significantly be done.

6) Energy
I think he wants to get into alternative energy, but I don't think he is that gung ho about it. To me, I think we need to have a MASSIVE program (and yes, this means spending, which I am generally against) to get the energy independence program underway. The sooner we do this, the better.

7) Education
Heh, Malice seems very worried about his candidate.

I grow more worried about Senator Obama's sheer ambitiousness. He's soaring higher and higher, but if he has his burn out in the oval office, it will be all of us who feels the affects, not "merely" Chicago, or "merely" Illinois where he lifted off.

i second everything DaCrowe said in those two posts

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"