Iron Man 2 Concerns About Iron Man 2

Conebone69

The Legend Ends
Reaction score
With such high expectations for this huge blockbuster film, people must have concerns about this movie. Basing motsly off the trailer I am concerned about a couple things; The main concern is the villain, whiplash. To me he just seems like a lame and uninteresting villain, and he whips people with electric whips? Come on now.

My second concern is it looks as if the film will focus more of action scenes and CGI, rather than focusing on a solid, good story. Anyone else want to share the concerns they might have with this film?

No, I'll wait until I see the whole film before I complain

I'm concerned that it'll be too awesome.

And I'm deeply concerned that people get too much expectations and worry too much about a film after only watching one measly trailer.

We know that Howard Stark will play a main focus in this film, so your thoughts of not much of a plot should be thrown out of the window right now. The story will most likely play a KEY role for the upcoming Avengers film.

And, as for Whiplash...we know that his father helped Howard Stark...so, that seems interesting to me, imo; two sons clashing eachother whose fathers use to work for eachother. It's something very new, and very interesting, imo.

But, for real...

my two concerns have nothing to do with the movie, but for the actors.

I wonder, by watching War Machine, it'll make me wonder how Terrence would've done.

And also, I'm not a huge Scarlett Johansson fan, so I wonder how she will be as Black Widow.

I'm concerned that it'll be too awesome.

And I'm deeply concerned that people get too much expectations and worry too much about a film after only watching one measly trailer.

We know that Howard Stark will play a main focus in this film, so your thoughts of not much of a plot should be thrown out of the window right now. The story will most likely play a KEY role for the upcoming Avengers film.

And, as for Whiplash...we know that his father helped Howard Stark...so, that seems interesting to me, imo; two sons clashing eachother whose fathers use to work for eachother. It's something very new, and very interesting, imo.

But, for real...

my two concerns have nothing to do with the movie, but for the actors.

I wonder, by watching War Machine, it'll make me wonder how Terrence would've done.

And also, I'm not a huge Scarlett Johansson fan, so I wonder how she will be as Black Widow.

:awesome:

I think that the movie looks amazing but I am still concerned about Scar-jo because she is a sometimes shes okay and sometimes she's not actress. And I'm still concerned about the villian...it just looks silly to me and I love silly looking cheesy villains but the whips and tattered orange jump suit toting Whiplash just isn't rubbing me the right way. I didn't care for the villian in Iron Man so if the rest of the movie is awesome it probably won't bother me too much.

I'm not going to solidly judge anything from a two minute trailer though. And if I did I'd say that the movie is going to be amazing awesome.

I think ScarJo is a decent actress, not my pick for Black Widow but hey, she's total eye candy. I'm not expecting a mind blowing performance from her but I'll be happy with what I get.

I don't want it to be shanghied by an Avengers tie-in
...past that, folks who don't post on the Hype! think this entire board is 'lame'. They 2 are wrong. [/thread]

I hope that they don't let the praise for the humor get to their heads and load this thing with humor to where we aren't getting any seriousness out of it. The first one had a perfect blend of seriousness and humor and its the non-humor parts that let us connect with the characters and without the seriousness the humor becomes incredibly annoying. That is my pre-teaser worries. Post-trailer, I have almost no worries, movie looks incredible. Iron Man and War Machine back to back in the trailer is better action than all of the first Iron Man.

I have no complaints about this movie.

Iron Man 2's worst enemy is expectation, which means it's worst enemy is Iron Man 1. The reason why Iron Man 1 was so amazingly received, was because people didn't know what to expect, now they do.

My only REAL concern is Sam Rockwell.

[BLACKOUT]And how much screen time he will get. [/BLACKOUT] :ninja:

My biggest concern is that it seems to have a too big amount of characters. And I'm not sure about Whiplash.

My biggest concern is that it seems to have a too big amount of characters. And I'm not sure about Whiplash.

The comics seem to have too many characters also, but they still seem to be doing just fine.

With such high expectations for this huge blockbuster film, people must have concerns about this movie. Basing motsly off the trailer I am concerned about a couple things; The main concern is the villain, whiplash. To me he just seems like a lame and uninteresting villain, and he whips people with electric whips? Come on now.

"The Main concern is the villain, Joker. To me he just seems a lame and uninteresting villain, and he carves smiles on people for smiles? come on now."

See there i swapped names and stuff and just showed that don't except a villain to be bad because of the "arch type" he might represent. Batman's villain Mr. Freeze was a lame gimmick villain until 1 cartoon episode changed that. Scarecrow also became alot more popular after Batman Begins. Don't worry about things but just sit back and relax!

PS. Please noone answer my Joker comparison seriously. I was just showing what a neutral guy might think. The major difference is that almost everyone and their parents knows about the Joker, while Whiplash is more unknown.

I'm concerned that too much awesomeness will blind people. :csad:

I have no concerns, so far it looks absolutely stunning.

Hm.

Well I guess one concern is how they will approach Mandarin and if they will continue to avoid it in the second movie.

No real worries on my part except they will be trying to do alot with alot of characters. But thats what an ensemble cast is.

This guy did have an interesting article about his concerns.
The nights are drawing in and it's chilly outside. Yes, it's winter and thus the perfect time for Hollywood to start banging on about its big summer blockbusters. That's why, right now, you can barely move for photos and snippets and rumours about Iron Man 2.
The point of them, of course, is to gee everybody up into a breathless froth ready for its release in May. However – and I might alone here – every new snippet of information about Iron Man 2 is making me a little bit more worried about it.
Although it ended up getting overshadowed by The Dark Knight, the first Iron Man felt like a breath of fresh air when it was released last year. Although it had to balance Tony Stark's origins story with Gwyneth Paltrow, Jeff Bridges and a shedload of exploding robots, it still left enough space for Robert Downey Jr to be as breezy and irreverent as he liked. It wasn't a film about a tortured soul grappling with the weight of his social responsibility; it was Ocean's Eleven in a jetpack.
But this time round, it seems as though there won't be time for any of that. This time Iron Man 2 will have to balance Robert Downey Jr with Sam Rockwell and Scarlett Johansson and Mickey Rourke and Don Cheadle and Samuel L Jackson and Gwyneth Paltrow, and a shedload of exploding robots. Plus, there's a good chance that Tony Stark's also going to be an alcoholic in this one. And that's where the worry starts to seep in.
A tangled love story? Too many villains? A hero struggling with his demons? Unless I'm mistaken, that sounds just like Spider-Man 3 – a superhero movie legendary in its bloated naffness. We've still got six months before Iron Man 2 is released – what's the betting that we'll soon start seeing magazines filled with exclusive on-set photos of the excruciating scene where Tony Stark dances around and cooks some eggs with Pepper Potts, or the bit where he grows a new haircut to indicate that he's turned evil?
Jon Favreau undoubtedly knows what he's doing, but the only feasible way that Iron Man 2 could cram in all of these different elements and still allow time for Robert Downey Jr to clown around would be to increase the film's length. And all that tends to do is make audiences shift around and worry about the onset of deep-vein thrombosis.
I'm only worried because I loved Iron Man. I want to love Iron Man 2. But I want the makers to remember what was so good about the original. After all, people won't watch Iron Man 2 to see hour after hour of mind-numbing action sequences. That's what Michael Bay is for, surely.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2009/dec/07/iron-man-2

No real worries on my part except they will be trying to do alot with alot of characters. But thats what an ensemble cast is.

This guy did have an interesting article about his concerns.
The nights are drawing in and it's chilly outside. Yes, it's winter and thus the perfect time for Hollywood to start banging on about its big summer blockbusters. That's why, right now, you can barely move for photos and snippets and rumours about Iron Man 2.
The point of them, of course, is to gee everybody up into a breathless froth ready for its release in May. However – and I might alone here – every new snippet of information about Iron Man 2 is making me a little bit more worried about it.
Although it ended up getting overshadowed by The Dark Knight, the first Iron Man felt like a breath of fresh air when it was released last year. Although it had to balance Tony Stark's origins story with Gwyneth Paltrow, Jeff Bridges and a shedload of exploding robots, it still left enough space for Robert Downey Jr to be as breezy and irreverent as he liked. It wasn't a film about a tortured soul grappling with the weight of his social responsibility; it was Ocean's Eleven in a jetpack.
But this time round, it seems as though there won't be time for any of that. This time Iron Man 2 will have to balance Robert Downey Jr with Sam Rockwell and Scarlett Johansson and Mickey Rourke and Don Cheadle and Samuel L Jackson and Gwyneth Paltrow, and a shedload of exploding robots. Plus, there's a good chance that Tony Stark's also going to be an alcoholic in this one. And that's where the worry starts to seep in.
A tangled love story? Too many villains? A hero struggling with his demons? Unless I'm mistaken, that sounds just like Spider-Man 3 – a superhero movie legendary in its bloated naffness. We've still got six months before Iron Man 2 is released – what's the betting that we'll soon start seeing magazines filled with exclusive on-set photos of the excruciating scene where Tony Stark dances around and cooks some eggs with Pepper Potts, or the bit where he grows a new haircut to indicate that he's turned evil?
Jon Favreau undoubtedly knows what he's doing, but the only feasible way that Iron Man 2 could cram in all of these different elements and still allow time for Robert Downey Jr to clown around would be to increase the film's length. And all that tends to do is make audiences shift around and worry about the onset of deep-vein thrombosis.
I'm only worried because I loved Iron Man. I want to love Iron Man 2. But I want the makers to remember what was so good about the original. After all, people won't watch Iron Man 2 to see hour after hour of mind-numbing action sequences. That's what Michael Bay is for, surely.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2009/dec/07/iron-man-2

I think it's fine to have concerns as long as they are expressed in a rational, feasible way.

I think we are going to have to wait an see what happens. My advise to all of you, stop expecting things, be patient, and when the movie comes out, go see it, and lastly try and enjoy yourself. It's the whole point.

My only concern at this point, is that all of you may crucify a great movie, because of your expectations.

I think that the first one was so great and that they set up the sequel to go in a completely different direction. That's always better than rehashing the same story. My only concern is that it seems very Avengers / SHIELD heavy. While it's cool that it's never been done before, think trying to string all those characters (Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man) together in one movie is a bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"