Transformers Confirmed: Optimus Prime totally new design...more tidbits..

kaisersoze

Civilian
Reaction score
Read it and weep fellas. From the recent licensing show:

http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23705

Here's the part you'll be interested in bold underline mine:

Hasbro told us, that they had the TRANSFORMERS teaser behind closed door. we tried to smooth talk our way in, but the girl could not be convinced. she did let slip a few things. the teaser looks great, but optimus prime is a new design as well.

we saw some animatics of the transformers from afar. very rough animations, i assumed from the film, because i have never seen these characters on the show. no optimus, but bumblebee cruising around and leaping in mid-air to transform, and his driver, FLIPPING out of the transformer to land on the ground, all anime ninja style. they showed some planes transforming in mid air as well.

Anyone thinking they were getting a Generation 1 movie is sadly mistaken. Does not sound good.

I'll...uh just wait to see it in the teaser. And hopefully won't be too dissapointed. Hopefully maybe it was just because he doesn't have a face plate and is blue or something like what we've heard so far.

and his driver, FLIPPING out of the transformer to land on the ground, all anime ninja style
jesus christ i didnt know micheal bay was capable of that kind of stuff!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

i hope to god the teaser is just as good as or better than the spidey 3 one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Spyda-Man said:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6482189053676903402&q=transformers

u mean the animatic thats at the end of this video. i thoght everyone saw this already, its pretty old

Yup. That video is annoying. It's tough to tell (unless you've been around long enough) what is fan-made and what is proof-of-concept animations from the creators of the movie. The stuff towards the end- after Steven Spielberg starts talking- seems to be "real."

I'm sure this movie will be a visual treat (as all Bay's movies are).... but it has been evident for some time that it will likely (not certain... but likely) be Transformers in name only.

kaisersoze said:
Read it and weep fellas. From the recent licensing show:

http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23705

Here's the part you'll be interested in bold underline mine:

Anyone thinking they were getting a Generation 1 movie is sadly mistaken. Does not sound good.

Ok so he has a new design...what's that supposed to mean? How's that a bad thing? Prime had like 3 designs in G1 (Original, Powermaster, Actionmaster) and then redesigned several more times in G2, and throughout all the Comics his looks have changed too.

Prime's been redesigned a lot...and that's not including stuff like Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Non-G1 Comics, and such. So it's not like thsi wasn't to be expected.

WalkingDead said:
Ok so he has a new design...what's that supposed to mean? How's that a bad thing? Prime had like 3 designs in G1 (Original, Powermaster, Actionmaster) and then redesigned several more times in G2, and throughout all the Comics his looks have changed too.

Prime's been redesigned a lot...and that's not including stuff like Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Non-G1 Comics, and such. So it's not like thsi wasn't to be expected.

Again. This may be true. But, the problem is that the vast majority of TF fans and lapsed fans and innocent bystanders of G1- (by far the most successful TF incarnation... it was a phenomenum on par with Ninja Turtles... Power Rangers, etc) - recognize him a certain way. Think about if Tim Burton used the original subdued black Batman symbol instead of the Yellow symbol. (First off, you probably wouldn't have had the T-Shirt craze... to say the least).

"optimus is a new design as well"

um....sorry, but that's VERY vague. new design could be something as small as his colors being different to him being a different vehicle or a different look all together.

Relax, it's old news.

In all likelihood, this refers to the battle/face mask, maybe the eyes (like the teaser poster hints at -- yes, I know that's the Autobot symbol)

Yeah, the point needs to be made that the article says "new design" while the thread creator said "TOTALLY new design."

I dont mind optimus having a new design, it was expected. What i dont want to see is useless changes like changing his colour, making him a firetruck etc.

i think we all know they are taking many liberties with this franchise, but lets wait and see how it develops. im just glad their finally making the movie.

ragdus said:
Yeah, the point needs to be made that the article says "new design" while the thread creator said "TOTALLY new design."

You took the words right out of my mouth, er, fingertips...er...whatever you get it.

ragdus said:

Let's not play semantics. Prime for all intents and purposes is reported to have a new design, certainly not based on the G-1 Prime.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the movie big time, I just wish Hollywood wouldn't ***** with ICONS. I don't even want to get into Tristar's "Godzilla".

Though what's this about a leaked Photo of Megatron which is apparently his G-1 form? Please let this be true!

Stop with the Godzilla ****.

There's a longstanding, established, and perfectly reasonable track record of the Transformers alt and robot modes looking different through various iterations of the franchise.

this isn't a remake of G1. Think of it the same way smart people thought of beast wars and realized how cool it could be. i'm sure the godzilla fanboys damn near had a stroke at what changes were made to the characters then, but that worked out QUITE well.

ragdus said:
Stop with the Godzilla ****.

i'm sure the godzilla fanboys damn near had a stroke at what changes were made to the characters then, but that worked out QUITE well.

You've got to be kidding me.

If that's the case, I hope they make Optimus Prime a freaking street sweeper.

And Soundwave an IPOD for the win!

kaisersoze said:

ARE YOU SAYING THE JAPANESE GODZILLA LOOKED BETTER THAN THE CGI ONE?!!?!?:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

theres no question that we made godzilla better.... except for those ****ing purists!

xwolverine2 said:
ARE YOU SAYING THE JAPANESE GODZILLA LOOKED BETTER THAN THE CGI ONE?!!?!?:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

theres no question that we made godzilla better.... except for those ****ing purists!

The Japanese Godzilla is a worldwide ICON.

The ignorance and arrogance of your statement is why foreigners look at Americans as dumbasses.

Keep up the good work, you're not letting them down. :up:

kaisersoze said:

way to misinterprit me. i'm saying the same people that go postal over godzilla probably did so over the character design for.... wait for it...................

BEAST WARS.

But B E A S T W A R S turned out pretty damn well.

Changing transformers is not like changing godzilla.

ragdus said:
Changing transformers is not like changing godzilla.

O.k. I stand corrected with your statement. :)

The last guy though...jeesh.

kaisersoze said:

The ignorance and arrogance of your statement is why foreigners look at Americans as dumbasses.

WHAT ..........THE...........****???????

were we suppossed to make a godzilla 4ft high in a rubber suit?!!?....that wouldve sucked ass...

ignorance...arrogance???? .....oh please,!!!....we were willing to spend time and money on decent actors,writers,sfx,and music... we made it better.

if anything its them for either being 1.ignorant and afraid of change for the better or 2. completely jealous that we made it better.

kaisersoze said:

I think Wolverine2 was being sarcastic. ;)

This doesn't tell us ANYTHING.

Yes. Prime has a new design. But I bet you anything it'll be like Bumblee. They will alter him a little, but he'll still resemble the Autobot we know and love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"