• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Constantine 2 in the works

Antonello Blueberry

Inglorious bastard
Reaction score
From an interview with producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura:
http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2010&Itemid=99
IESB: Is there a chance for Constantine 2?
LdB: Yes, we are developing a very dark version. It will be lower budgeted and Keanu [Reeves] totally wants to do it and Francis [Lawrence] wants to do it and the studio wants to do it. But, it will be half the money. We are literally, we are going to go really dark, that’s our intent.
Hoping they'll be more close to the spirit of the book and avoid the BS of the first movie (like the Holy Shotgun).

Great news. Personally, I liked the first one a lot. The second one should be good, too.

Sweet. I really enjoyed the first one. I even liked Keanu in the role. My only concern is that all of his support team died. :)

Overall good news, but half of the first one's budget. :csad: :down It'll be $50 million movie. Almost Elektra's budget. Althought V for Vendetta's budget was $54 million. But it didn't have that much effects. Well we'll see. As long as they're not gonna make it DTV with someone of the Baldwin Bros. starring.

Half the budget? Then why bother with this direct-to-video crap.

Why would they split the budget? The first one made 230 million worldwide!!!

Greedy pukebags, I hope this one bombs.

Wow, a second one........just when you thought they fit all the suck into one movie.

Half the budget? Then why bother with this direct-to-video crap.

Why would they split the budget? The first one made 230 million worldwide!!!

Greedy pukebags, I hope this one bombs.

maybe it's going to be half the budget because the story they're telling this time doesnt need people being blasted through office buildings, hundreds of demons being fought by Constantine, and heavy SFX of other kinds...the guys saying it's gonna be a darker story, so I doubt it'll be the action-fest the first one was, hence, it doesnt need a 110 million dollar budget

They easily could do a sequel for half the money. There is no problem. I was not a fan of Keanu in the first, but oh well. Hope it is better (first wasn't great).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"