- Aug 4, 2003
- Reaction score
I would like to welcome everyone to the "Contest of Marvels" tournament. Some time ago I did an open enrollment for a tournament and I am very pleased with how many of you came to join. It's been fun preparing for the tournament and here it is. I, JewishHobbit, am in charge and will be the iron fist and ultimate voice behind this tournament, however my number 1 man and now Co-Leader will be Phaedrus45. It will be he who posts the new matches and keeps the order of matches in each thread organized. So if there are any questions, debates, etc. You may ask either he or I. Now on to the rules of the game!!!
1) The first rule is simply this, this is a gentleman's game. I will tolerate debate but I will not tolerate rudeness or any form of belittling. Everything is to be kept cordial or I WILL be forced to act. If there is anyone being a jerk to you please do not retaliate with more of the same, bring it to my attention and I will deal with it.
2) ALL SPAMMING IS TO BE KEPT AT A MINIMAL!!! This was one of the two rules I was promised to maintain by the higher ups and I will be firm on this. General conversation in the threads is fine as long as it doesn't stray too far away from topic. All general conversation off topic can continue over in the discussion thread here.
3) And I am sorry but all team rosters have been filled. No one else may join in on this tournament though I would like to hear your opinions and see your votes when the time for voting comes. Who knows, if a person drops out I may be inclined to find a replacement and you may be it!
How To Play
1) Each week there will be 16 matches posted from the Marvel Round Robin Tournament. For the matches where you have a character participating you may debate for your character however you like. Be as creative as you wish, whether it be writing a story, drawing a picture, quoting comic appearances, or by just gabbing your jaw! You will be trying to convince everyone why they should vote for your character to advance in the tournament,.. do a good job of convincing them. And remember, sometimes it takes the tiniest fish in the pond to take out the largest shark, don't get discouraged!
2) Soon after there will be a time for voting. When either Phaed or I give the okay to start voting you will post who you think will win in each match. You MUST vote for every match in the thread for your vote to count at all. You may vote on whatever criteria that you may,.. I simply ask that you vote fairly and not on personal vendetas. The only obvious Bias voting I'll tolerate is if it's simply to advance your own character in some way as it's part of the game. I will not tolerate personal vendetas against fellow posters. This is a gentleman's game and I expect you all to be good sportsmen. Also note that any votes that are cast prior to the proper time for voting will not count.
3) When voting is over Phaed or I will add up all votes. The characters with the highest vote counts in each match will advance to the next round as those with the lower counts are eliminated from the tournament. This will continue on down the tournament until we have that one final champion!!
4) There is a reward in this tournament. It was originally going to be copies of Amazing Spiderman 121 and 122 but do to personal reasons I had to sell those on ebay (to make money to pay bills to the baby doctor to be specific). However Phaed has offered a collection of his own comics as the prize. We will learn what those are as time goes on. The one who owns the character that wins the whole tournament will get the prizes,.. there will be no 2nd or 3rd place.
1) The new matches will be posted by Phaed on Friday nights (around midnight Phaed's time). You may begin debating as you like as soon as you see the matches posted.
2) Voting will begin on Tuesday around noon-time. All voting may now be posted and any voting prior to this will not be counted. Debating may continue beyond this point if the players wish to do so.
3) Voting will end on Thursday around noon-time, thus ending the match. This is when the votes are talleyed and the winners proclaimed. Conversation may continue after this but it is to all be in good conduct!
4) There will be two days of rest and the next Friday Phaed will post the next matches and it will all begin anew. By this time there should be little to no mention of the previous matches in these threads. Any continued discussion can be carried over to the recruitment thread as stated earlier.
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! I hope you all enjoy yourself. I will be watching You! As soon as Phaed gets the first matches up I declare this tournament a go!!!!