Coolest moments in the DCAU

Hyper Venom

Sidekick
Reaction score
Well, since the DCAU's swan song was the "Destroyer" episode, I think it would be best if we celebrate more than a decade of quality television by discussing some of the greatest moments that it had to offer. This includes all of the shows, and the animated movies.

Well, just to name a few...

I'm sorry, I gotta get first crack at this one. The Flash beating Luthor/Brainiac at the end of "Divided We Fall" was probably the coolest moment of all.

The end of the first part of Two-Face's origin episode in Batman: The Animated Series, where Two-Face turns to Grace and reveals his scarred face, definitely comes to mind.

The fight between Terry McGinnis and the Joker in the "Return of the Joker" movie.

Superman's fight with Lobo was a classic.

There. Just wanted to mention a cool moment from each show. Couldn't think of any cool Static/Zeta Project moments, but I'm sure somebody can. Get crackin'!

everything with lobo in it, he's a show stealer.

Disappearing INque seeing bruce get back into action.

Bruce becoming batman for the first time in Mask of the Phantasm

Clark flying for the first time

all the fights in secret society, especially the last one.

Grudge match watching all those girls doing their best to stop the force of nature that is wonderwoman.

the latern line up againt AMAZO "not even you can stand up to the green latern core'

supes going crazy on captain marvel.

Terry taking the joker but the best thing is that he does it on his own terms and DOESn'T follow bruce's orders. DAMN HE's good.

hear of ice

2 face two parter

clayface 2 parter

any episode that shows the extent of flash's true potential (divided we fall, great brain robbery, whipping justice lord supes, anything)

in rotj, bruce throws a batarang and catches it and says 'still got it'

old bruce meeting old clark in the return

epilogue

wonderwoman giving mongul a suplex was out of this world

bruce's dream in 'for the man who has everything' personally i felt he lost far more than clark did.

perchance to a dream, possibly one of the most intelligent cartoons i've ever watched

almost got im, classic genius

anything with giganta in it, god she's hot:o

batman taking langstrom in on leather wings. the look on his face with blood dripping out of his mouth when he's done, brilliant.

i'm sure i'm missing something but that's my lot for now.

The Batman Beyond JLU finale.

Batman Beyond.

The recent Flash-centric episode.

Batman dodging Omega beams.

Vixen fallin' through th' dino.

Evil superman in S:tas vs supergirl

Also in the end of S:tas when supes beats darkseid but all the slaves save him

Dick abandoning his role as Robin and knocking down Bats in the process.

Batman jumping off the Daily Planet to save Lex and then using his grappling hook to swing into the window.

Seeing that one last time brought a tear to my eye.

Kara's first flight in "Little Girl Lost" one of the most beautifully animated sequences I've ever seen

The death of The Flying Graysons. Cartoon History, nothing less.
Also same episode, when Robin leaves the cave and says "perhaps never again".
Also, Apocalypsus Now, when Turpin and the police tries to help Superman.
On Leather Wings, Batman flying after Man-Bat
Last Son of Krypton, Jor-El tries to save his son and his wife.

And of course all the other moments you all mentioned.

Knives122 said:
Batman jumping off the Daily Planet to save Lex and then using his grappling hook to swing into the window.

Seeing that one last time brought a tear to my eye.

That looked straight out of the first Spidey movie. Yet another Marvel homage on JLU.

Top 10 Moments: (In No Order)

- Seeing Bane get beat down by Superman in "Knight Time".
- Batman vs. Batman in "A Better World"
- Seeing The Joker have his own episode against the League aka "Wild Cards".
- Flash vs. Justice Lord Superman in "A Better World".
- Joker making his future debut in "Return Of The Joker" ("Mister J's on the rebound baby!")
- Seeing Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and (GL) John Stewart as kids in "Kid Stuff".
- Having a geekasm seeing Static at the end of "TOFT: Old Western Tales" and in "TOFT: Time, Warped".
- Seeing Bruce Wayne meet Batman in "TOFT: Time, Warped" ("I can't believe I was ever that green, This is how you interrogate someone")
- Batman/Robin/Nightwing vs. Gotham PD in "Over The Edge".
- Superman/Batman/Lex Luthor vs. Darkseid in "Destroyer".

:cool:

S:TAS episodes
The Way of All Flesh - When John Corben finds out that Lex Luthor stole his humanity from him and he accepts what he has become by tearing his skin away and revealing the metallo shell underneath. Great voice over by Malcolm MacDowell as well.

Feeding Time - The creation of the Parasite in the back of LeBeau's truck while Rudy Jones is screaming in fear and pain for LeBeau to stop. I also loved the fight right at the end in S.T.A.R. Labs when the Parasite catches Superman's punch, saying "I'm still stronger." The music at that scene is fantastic; sounds like something out of a 30's monster movie.

Tools of the Trade - The introduction of Darkseid at the end was priceless.

Father's Day - The last couple minutes when Superman asks the Dark One who he is and Darkseid replies by firing his Omega Beams. "That's who I am."

Apokolips...Now!: Part 2 - When Darkseid offhandedly kills Turpin without batting an eye. I actually yelped in shock when I first saw this on Kid's WB's Saturday morning.

Episodes of Batman/Gotham Knights
Feat of Clay: Part 2 - I've yet to see better animation in the DCAU than that of the showdown with the constantly morphing Clayface. Great acting from Conroy and Perlman added great emotion too.

Over the Edge - This had some incredible moments. Above all though, I was all giddy when Nightwing took on the police at his apartment and Batman's final confrontation with Bane ("But what can I expect... from a killer of children?").

Vendetta - Batman literally getting in Killer Croc's face in Bullock's car. Great little moment.

The Demon's Head: Part 1 - The very end when Ra's leaps out of the Lazerous pit and laughing like a mad man. Scared the bad place out of me when I was a little kid.

Episodes of Batman Beyond
Rebirth: Part 2 - Even though I don't really consider Terry as the real Batman, when he said to Fix "I am Batman," I got goosebumps. I think it was just the delivery.

Meltdown - The entire fight between Freeze and Blight was awesome.
Freeze's suicide at the end had me crying when I was small.

Ascension - Blight/Powers going nuts in the boardroom and later sinking the sub in his rage had so much punch to it.

Episodes from Justice League/JLU
Deadshot taking on the League in The Enemy Below, and doing surprisingly well.

The final fight in Twilight was pretty damn sweet.

The Cat and the Canary - The final fight scene in this was absolutely great!

For the Man who has Everything - Mongul fighting Wonder Woman while Superman is struggling to let go of his greatest desire. And finally the simple word "burn." That word might not have been as quietly threatening as it was written by Alan Moore, but it was still uber sweet.

The Doomsday Sanction - Superman's entire fight with Doomsday, and especially when we see that Doomsday doesn't really have a motivation for his hatred of Superman. He just wants to kill him. Nothing further is needed for the monster, and he doesn't want anything more.

The Clash - The Parasite kicking the League's asses until Captain Marvel swoops in and saves the day (off screen, I might add). Also, the big fight between Superman and the Big Red Cheese.

Flashpoint - The fight between Supes and Captain Atom

Divided We Fall - Flash vs. Lexiac. Pure kickassedness. :up:

Epilogue - The bookend finale to the opening sequence of the first episode of the DCAU. I was getting all teary-eyed.

Patriot Act - The whole episode with The General beating on the small-timers was sweet to watch.

The Great Brain Robbery - Lex/Flash taking on the League and winning.
Lex unmasking *himself* and having no clue who he was supposed to be.
And once Lex was back in his body and encounters Doctor Polaris, promptly and easily defeats him.

Alive! - Toyman easily kicking Killer Frost's ash with the yoyo.
Lex killing Grodd.
Darkseid's return and the destruction of the Legion of Doom's headquarters.

Destroyer - The Atomic Skull finally being shown kicking ash (for a guy who's on Superman's strength level, he'd sure been punked alot throughout this season. It's like the writers were going out of their way to beat on him).
Superman cutting loose against Darkseid... and the Dark One just gets up and completely pwns Superman's ash.
Lex confronting Darkseid with the anti-life equation.

The DCAU movies
Mask of the Phantasm - Putting the cowl on for the first time.
Joker hitting Andrea with the hunk of meat instead of the butcher knife.
And in the face of death, the Joker gives the best laugh that I've ever heard out of Hamill as the entire scene is engulphed in flames and explosions.

Subzero - The chase between Dick Grayson on the motorcycle and Mr. Freeze in the armored van.

Mystery of the Batwoman - The only thing that I liked about this movie: The climactic fight between Batman and Bane.

Return of the Joker - The fight between Terry and the Joker. "I know every trick the original Batman and Robin knew." Also the whole "YOU'RE NOT BATMAN!" and then unmasking and choking of Terry.

BTAS, Heart of Ice: Mr. Freeze-"Think of it--- To never again walk upon a summer's day with a hot wind in your face and a warm hand to hold. Oh, yes, I'd kill for that. "

Nightwing's theme music

Doomsday Sanction-Bruce: "You don't get to joke! Not today! I took a bullet for you!"

I forgot to mention the first appearance of Mr. Mxysptlk in Superman: TAS.

Anything with the Question, Lobo, or Mr. Freeze

Green Arrow and Speedy attack The General after using all their arrows.

Green Arrow vs. Wildcat

Any Flash centric episode

Defenders homage

Hal Jordan cameo

Jonah Hex episode in BTAS

Batmans speech at Supermans memorial the episode they thought he died

World's Finest episode of STAS

Epilogue episode of JLU

Anything where Batman takes on super humans

Lexiac episodes

Superman goes crazy after Turpin dies.

Spike_x1 said:
S:TAS episodes
Apokolips...Now!: Part 2 - When Darkseid offhandedly kills Turpin without batting an eye. I actually yelped in shock when I first saw this on Kid's WB's Saturday morning.

That was probably one of the most shocking deaths.Along with...

Over the Edge - This had some incredible moments. Above all though, I was all giddy when Nightwing took on the police at his apartment and Batman's final confrontation with Bane ("But what can I expect... from a killer of children?").

And I;m onboard with most of your other great moments.:up:
Meltdown - The entire fight between Freeze and Blight was awesome.
Freeze's suicide at the end had me crying when I was small.

My other favorites are:

-Inque sneaking into the backcave and destroying all the previous bat-costumes.

-Superman mimicking Batman and Robin's voices.Especially Tim's reaction.:D

-Joker verbally pwning Batman,and Terry's later hilarious rebuttal in ROTJ.

-"Bats are just mice with wings"

-Joker b***hslapping Harlequinn out a window withaa fish.

I almost forgot about:

- The death of Turpin and Superman going beast-mode.
- Batman and Superman meeting for the first time and becoming unlikely allies in "World's Finest".
- Freeze's return in the future in "Meltdown".
- Clayface being shown in "Secret Society", I had a geekasm when I saw him, because he was the last villain I was expecting to see.

Batman judo tossing Superman, resulting in the best WTF? face ever

-When Clayface envelops Batman, but Batman shoots his grappling hook right out of Clayface's head.
-The Jokerfish informercial.
-The whole "Legends of the Dark Knight" episode of the Batman New Adventures.
-When the Joker darkens the door of the Injustice Society.

I also loved the Creeper's line "They call me Yellow-skinned Wacky Man! But I prefer The Creeper."

Spike_x1 said:
I also loved the Creeper's line "They call me Yellow-skinned Wacky Man! But I prefer The Creeper."

Thats just pretty much a great episode. It was so funny. I liked it when he sucker punches Batman in the pool hall.

cerealkiller182 said:
Thats just pretty much a great episode. It was so funny. I liked it when he sucker punches Batman in the pool hall.

LOL, that whole little scene was very funny.
The two Joker henchmen and then Batman gets punched out of nowhere.

And the look on his face after he got punched was hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"