Copa America 2016

Don't worry Kanon you've got the regular Copa America next year.
icon10.gif

Congrats to Chile for retaining the trophy not any easy thing to do in S America against the big two. Sad to see Messi go as well as so many other of the Argentines, feels link an end of an era for them. The next World Cup without them is going to be weird.

Congrats to Chile!! Didn't realise this was them retaining the trophy. Hopefully see them take this form and do well at the next World Cup.

How did Messi play at this tournament btw?

I feel Messi and the rest of the Argentinian's squad's reaction has been a little over reactive as many things seem to be in the wonderful world of crazy 2016.

By doing this they have pretty much indirectly admitted that Chile is the best team in the world. Argentina is ranked #1 but I think Chile proved a huge point throughout this tournament. If their conditioning is kept up all the way until the World Cup then Chile has a shot for the whole thing, real talk.

I for one thought the game was one of the most incredible matches I've ever seen. It was ridiculously hard fought by both sides showing a level of technique that is so far beyond anything out there.

South American soccer has always been my favorite to watch and specifically when it comes to the Southern cone (Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil). Kings all of them.

With all that said it seems kind of impulsive for the whole Argentinian squad to quit when they can still very much perform up to capacity.

I for one thought the game was one of the most incredible matches I've ever seen. It was ridiculously hard fought by both sides showing a level of technique that is so far beyond anything out there.
I thought it was pretty limited, from both sides, mostly with Chile resorting to fouls, and a ref that couldn't keep control of the game (it was pretty close to a battle royale at several points)

With all that said it seems kind of impulsive for the whole Argentinian squad to quit when they can still very much perform up to capacity.
I feel that they are just trying to divert attention from the real issue, that is, another failure in the face of a championship

A lot of issues with Argentine football at the moment.

Could The Argentine Football Association Get Kicked Out Of FIFA?
Last Thursday, Federal Judge María Servini de Cubría prosecuted a number of important people implicated in an alleged embezzlement scheme involving Fútbol Para Todos (FPT), the government-sponsored program that broadcasts the national football league on public television.

AFA Interim President Luis Segura and other high-ranking members of the entity were among those prosecuted because, according to Servini de Cubría’s investigation, there’s enough evidence to believe AFA illegally kept part of the State funds destined for the football clubs that take part in the association’s tournaments.

This unprecedented institutional crisis led FIFA — which had already sent its own people to evaluate how serious the AFA mess was earlier this month — to decide on Friday to remove Segura from his post as AFA president and appoint a so-called “normalizing committee” to administer the association according to FIFA standards and call for elections once things went back to normal.

However, this didn’t go down well with Servini de Cubría, who saw this as an intrusion that could interfere with her investigation. Consequently, she ordered that AFA not abide by FIFA’s decision and summoned officials from both entities, along with representatives of President Mauricio Macri’s administration, to a hearing later on today.

This didn’t go down well with FIFA, either. Why? if Servini de Cubría bans FIFA from administering AFA, FIFA could determine that AFA is experiencing a non-sports-related intervention — something forbidden by its statute — and consequently kick it out of the international association.

I watched the Arg/Chi game after Messi announced he was leaving. I already knew the outcome of the game but I was still on the edge of my seat. I thought for sure they were going to start to throw hands. Messi was on the ground so much, Chile put the pressure on him and wore him out. He was so tired, and just getting off of injury he didn't really take it slow upon his return. This was a very entertaining game, and that ref was hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"