Costume Concepts

Soundwave88

As you command Megatron.
Reaction score
:brucebat: Can someone please post pictures for concepts for all of the Batman movies!!...I can't find any of them on the net. Plus I bet a bunch of us are very curious?:brucebat:

There was a really unique design for the Batsuit in B&R, very mechanical and covered in technology - and it's very similar to the new suit in The Dark Knight.

One of the designs for 1989 had two little white eyes on the bat symbol.

Early designs for Batgirl were very similar to Catwoman with a cape.

The Robin costume from the climax of Forever was changed at the last minute (relatively), and so much of the merchendise features the original Robin costume design.

any pictures of these examples? I never heard about any of these

89suit_design.jpg

I personally like this design it takes pieces of the 89 suit and the Returns suit.

89suit_design.jpg

I personally like this design it takes pieces of the 89 suit and the Returns suit.

I like that, It could have been worked in BR. Is there anymore pictures if other suits??..please tell me someome has to have more! :oldrazz:

I simply love the B89 symbol design. My favourite ever.

And yet they only had the B89 symbol because of a copyright wrangle meaning they couldn't use the more rounded bat.

I still don't understand that. They had the rights to make a movie based on that character etc. but yet they couldn't use his traditional symbol until Batman Returns.

I still don't understand that. They had the rights to make a movie based on that character etc. but yet they couldn't use his traditional symbol until Batman Returns.

Same is true of the Superman logo in the movies.

I remember seeing a concept poster of B89 with the bat-emblem having white eyes :lol: .

The Robin costume from the climax of Forever was changed at the last minute (relatively), and so much of the merchendise features the original Robin costume design.

Really? I didn't know that, can't remeber that much of the merchandise of Forever that featured Robin, and that's quite weird because I was such a big fan (and I'm still a fan to some extent) of Forever back in the day! Was it really different? because to me the Robin suit in Forever was basically Tim Drake costume with a metallic finish and longer sleeves that reached underneath the gloves.

It was some sort of complex legal wrangling that nobody ever truly went in too. My guess it was something to do with the production going ahead with the standard logo presuming they could use it, then finding out last minute that they needed permission and couldn't get it in time.

Just a guess, someone feel free to correct me.

And yet they only had the B89 symbol because of a copyright wrangle meaning they couldn't use the more rounded bat.

:wow: WHAT?

Didn't know that. I for once am happy they went with the B89 symbol. Whatever the reason was.

I agree this thread is about costume concepts & no one shows any pics!

Say, whatever happened to those Year One pics designed by Frank Miller that used to be on the thread dedicated to the failed Year One movie... did the moderators delete the thread??????

I agree this thread is about costume concepts & no one shows any pics!

Say, whatever happened to those Year One pics designed by Frank Miller that used to be on the thread dedicated to the failed Year One movie... did the moderators delete the thread??????

the wonders of google:

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/superpowers/BatmanYearOneConcepts.html

This link was posted a long time ago, and the links inside that website worked for me. But now, the .art files no longer work. So if they work for anyone, re-upload. PLEASE!

:wow: WHAT?

Didn't know that. I for once am happy they went with the B89 symbol. Whatever the reason was.

Yeah, that's why the B89 symbol is different from the BR symbol, there was some sort of copyright wrangle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"