Tim Drake:After Robin

COMPO

Superhero
Reaction score
Hey, I've just been wondering about all the Robins. Most of them have either died or moved on with Dick Grayson becoming Nightwing, Jason being killed by Joker, Stephanie being killed by Black Mask, Carrie Kelly becoming Catgirl. So, it made me wonder what would happen to Tim Drakle what persona would he take on. I mean, as we saw in War Games Tim isn't gonna give up crime fighting if he knows he can do something so what's next for him I mean he can't be Robin forever like Bruce can't be Batman forever. :brucebat:

I think that in the even he would not become Batman (And I'm talking inside the DC Universe, since the time when Tim Drake becomes adult is either a long long way off or won't ever happen), that he would just stick to being Robin.

To be honest, I just want Tim Drake to remain Robin indefinitely. This may be a controversial opinion, but to me he's the best Robin.

I think Tim, more than any other of the Robins, has the pure ambition to just be Robin. For Dick, it was a way to channel his feelings about his parents' death and when he grew up, it seemed natural for him to move on and become Nightwing. For Tim, being Robin is the point. It's not as much a means to an end as it was for Dick or even Jason.

Exactly. I think that when Tim would eventually become an adult, he'd just be wearing the same, if slightly altered version, of his current costume, still going by the name Robin.

The name 'Robin' should always be reserved for Batmans apprentice. If Tim wants to move on he should get his own bloody name. He didn't invent Robin. I like stories like Robin Redux which stess how important and serious the Robin mantle is.

I think something borrowing fom myth again would be nice. Myths and legends about birds and heroes. What are some? I dunno.

Tim would adopt a new codename. His very origin story was saturated with his belief that Batman needs a Robin.

I strongly doubt that if Tim were to grow out of being Robin while Bruce was still Batman, that either of them would even consider bringing in yet another kid to be Robin. And if Bruce gives up the mantle of Batman, it wouldn't really feel right to have Tim be Batman. Instead, I'd much more see him as just continue being Robin. Tim has completely owned the mantle of Robin, more so than even Dick did, in my opinion.

Well i mean it really all depends on whether or not Tim will be allowed to age further(if Bruce is batman 20 years from now then there will be another reboot). If their willing to have Bruce truely pass on the mantle, tim will most likely be it.

I think that in the even he would not become Batman (And I'm talking inside the DC Universe, since the time when Tim Drake becomes adult is either a long long way off or won't ever happen), that he would just stick to being Robin.

I age because he has not only redefined the role of Robin but thats who he is now. He cant just be the new Batman because he'd be losing a part of himself. I think he'd have a similar feeling to the concept as Bucky Rodgers did with Cap; however unlike Cap, Bats has many others to fill the void as I mentioned in the Hush Returns Thread

To be honest, I just want Tim Drake to remain Robin indefinitely. This may be a controversial opinion, but to me he's the best Robin.

i agree that tim is the best robin but don't you think people wanted dick grayson to be robin forever? he made it 40 years or something but i think no matter what they're always going to try to keep the character fresh by changing it up by introducing a new kid to take on the role. that way it forces batman to adapt to a new partner and adds a new dimension to the comic. tim will pop in from time to time and he'll probably get his own title of comics if he stays as popular as he is but i think they need to mix it up and bring in a new kid eventually

are there any birds that thrive particularily well in cities? apart from pigeons

i was gonna say hawk but there's already one of them lol. Thanks guys you've all made good points. but, if he did have to change what sort of costume and persona would you give him?

i was gonna say hawk but there's already one of them lol. Thanks guys you've all made good points. but, if he did have to change what sort of costume and persona would you give him?
red robin(that would be an ineresting story)

Early on I always figured Tim would become the next Oracle. But now...he seems destined for life as an adult superhero. If he ever gets any older, that is.

I don't think he has to. Robin is more and more an independent hero linked to Batman occaisionally, and the character has definitely progressed from just being a kids role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"