Why Do you Love Batman

I am a Guthrie

Civilian
Reaction score
We all know that Batman is a very important character to all of us. I wanted to start this thread to see why you guys like him. Is it his dedication? or that he is an absolute badass? :brucebat:

What makes the caped crusader the greates hero of them all (yeah i said it screw superman)

We all know that Batman is a very important character to all of us. I wanted to start this thread to see why you guys like him. Is it his dedication? or that he is an absolute badass? :brucebat:

What makes the caped crusader the greates hero of them all (yeah i said it screw superman)
He was just there when I was a lad...thats why:brucebat:

A better question is, why is this in the spoiler forum?

Who is this "Batman" fellow? Must be German with a name like "Batman" or "Echsmann".

love woody guthrie, hate this thread, so its kinda nutral...

I love Batman because of his rock climbing powers, samurai sword powers and his hang gliding powers.

This thread rules in a slightly ironic way. No need to close it.

Why do I love Batman?

Because he's not a superhero.

i think the reason myself and most every one likes him is because he's a regular guy with no super powers who's filthy rich and buys his power :brucebat:

I love Batman because all of the ideas and emotions and stuff that is crammed into his mythology....

We have a protagonist who is (arguably) more unstable than the villains he fights....he is completely OCD. He has no powers, he has dedicated his life to the "mission", he knows he can't win....very compelling. One of my favorite lines by Batman (from the Justice League cartoon) was in responce to Wonder Woman joking around about being a kid again wasn't so bad....Batman just says, "I stopped being a kid when I was eight years old." That's trauma. He carries that memory with him....and it drives him in such a dramatic and powerful way. That's awesome storytelling! Don't even get me started on the villains....from the totally psychopathic and random (but simultaneously brilliant) Joker, to the tragic and almost sympathetic Two-Face and Mr. Freeze.....Batman has THE definitive Rogues Gallery. Anywys....I'll stop ranting now....past my bedtime. :brucebat:

Whos batman?

To me, it's because he's not a superhero. He's just one guy, who had a bad day.

I've seen that line from the JL cartoon as well, and its so packed with emotion.

In England one guy got a 1st place honours degree in Psychology by basing his final paper on Batman. He analyzed him and all. Apparently it's an amazing read.

Because he's the ultimate hero, and that's because he doesn't have to be one. He's the one character who doesn't have some physical problem, he doesn't transform into a monster when he gets mad, he doesn't have claws that shoot out of him and he doesn't have a heart ailment that forced him to create a suit. Wayne has all the money in the world, all the women and the cars, he doesn't have to do anything.

But Instead of all that fun, he's so mentally screwed up he spends his time on roofs and in the gutter battling the most psychotic villains in the history of comics, most of whom only exist because of him, which indirectly locks him into a never-ending war he can never win. It doesn't get much better than that, unless of course you have that gamma infused anger-management issue....:bh:

I am actually surprised that Superman has gone rogue more times then Batman. Out of all of the heroes you would think Batman would be the one killing the most.

his suit is awesome ( the black suit), he has a normal side or light side and a dark side, like me, He smart and knows how to kick ass, he has no powers but still kicks ass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"