Costumes! Discuss them Here!

when this movie bombs next year and is a complete disaster zone it'll be quite evident that alan was right and dave was wrong

I was reading and keeping to myself....but I can't anymore. You are a freaking idiot. End of line.

As for the costumes...I'm geeked. They look FAR better than I thought they would. FAR better.

Once again, OZY is an Egyptian lover, and his suit reflects that.. The battle armor of that time period often, like it or not, had nipples.

Greco-Roman armour had nipples.

Egyptians tended not to wear much at all, at least in artistic depictions, which is what this costume reflects. He has a look of nakedness without actually being naked.

I don't get the problem with the nipples. At all. It's a theme, not just stuck on there to be "sexy" like in Batman.

You guys need to unclench your sphincters.

I don't know why but you just made me laugh with that "sexy" sneak-in. :up:

Gold and purple tunics? Yes, it would have made more sense, considering Adrian Veidt story and attitude than black rubber.

We looking at the same picture? I dont see someone in all black rubber. The picture's really discolored, but it looks to me like that rubber is purple. And it's impossible to tell for sure, but i'm willing to bet that his gloves, belt, upper chest, and whatnot are all gold. I'd say all and all they did a damn fine job on Ozy.

I don't get the problem with the nipples. At all. It's a theme, not just stuck on there to be "sexy" like in Batman.

You guys need to unclench your sphincters.

It's in fact a deliberate reference to the Schumacher batsuits. You can't make a suit that looks SOOO much like them by accident, or without realizing what you'll be calling to people's minds. Snyder WANTS you to be reminded of Schumaker's Batman.

The suit is deliberately silly, and it works for Ozymandias for the exact reasons it didn't work for Batman.

Still, I think a more ceremonial costume with robes etc would have been a better choice.

Ozzy's is growing on me.

It's the actor I'm not too keen on, he looks kinda weedy for Oz.

His head looks kinda small, but perhaps that's the suits fault.

Ozy is growing on me too.. I just think its the way his picture is so desaturated and the fake baground was put into the shot..

Rorschach and Silk Specter look perfect. Night Owl and the Comedian are good but not great. Night Owl looks too armored and the Comedian's wig is awful. Ozymandias's costume is ****. The big problem is that the fake rubber muscle suits don't work...ever. They look like **** 100% of the time. They have since Batman '89. What's really confusing is how they could do so well on Rorschach and Silk Specter but drop the ball so badly in other areas.

The Comedian looks great, FYI, I don't think thats a wig he's wearing..

Dr. Manhattan was always my favorite, so his not being included just makes the anticipation of seeing him all the more intense.

But I love how Comedian and Silk Spectre turned out. I, like most of you I'm assuming, had already seen Rorschach in that still frame from the '300' trailer so he's no surprise here. His is also a look that's difficult to f**k with without sending fanboys into a tizzy, so thankfully Snyder knows to stay truthful to the characters...to some extent.

I mean I get that some people could feel disappointed with Viedt's suit, but seriously Ozymandias' popularity isn't that of Rorschach. Now had they screwed around with a more prominent Watchmen like Rorschach, THEN I could understand the frustration that some people may have. But you also have to keep an open mind and realize that these are the 'Movie Watchmen' not the 'Comic Watchmen.'

And being a film, I think a little elbow room for creative interpretation is allowed...hell, I'd say it's even welcome. I mean it IS just Ozymandias' suit...that's not exactly some glaring factor that's going to compromise Moore and Gibbon's ENTIRE vision and world that they created and Snyder is adapting.

All in all, great stuff. I'm eager to see more.

CFE

Dr. Midnight was always my favorite, so his not being included just makes the anticipation of seeing him all the more intense.

But I love how Comedian and Silk Spectre turned out. I, like most of you I'm assuming, had already seen Rorschach in that still frame from the '300' trailer so he's no surprise here. His is also a look that's difficult to f**k with without sending fanboys into a tizzy, so thankfully Snyder knows to stay truthful to the characters...to some extent.

I mean I get that some people could feel disappointed with Viedt's suit, but seriously Ozymandias' popularity isn't that of Rorschach. Now had they screwed around with a more prominent Watchmen like Rorschach, THEN I could understand the frustration that some people may have. But you also have to keep an open mind and realize that these are the 'Movie Watchmen' not the 'Comic Watchmen.'

And being a film, I think a little elbow room for creative interpretation is allowed...hell, I'd say it's even welcome. I mean it IS just Ozymandias' suit...that's not exactly some glaring factor that's going to compromise Moore and Gibbon's ENTIRE vision and world that they created and Snyder is adapting.

All in all, great stuff. I'm eager to see more.

CFE
Who is this Dr. Midnight everyone is talking about!? Your like the 4th person to talk about him and I'm seriously starting to think I'm missing out on some secret Watchmen character!

the comedian
batmanetrobincoll13.jpg

nite owl
batmite_BIG.jpg

ozymandias
batsuit-nipples.jpg

this movie is gonna be hilarious:woot: (watchmen movie = mystery men 2 ?)

Who is this Dr. Midnight everyone is talking about!? Your like the 4th person to talk about him and I'm seriously starting to think I'm missing out on some secret Watchmen character!

Watchmencharacters.jpg

The Blue one in the back. As for his 'super powers'...he's pretty much GOD.

CFE

I'm assuming it's Dr. Manhattan.

The thing about Ozy's bodysuit is that he's not an active hero. Why does he need or want a bodysuit like that? He's a king, not a soldier, he'd wear robes, not "armour"... although I wonder if the suit's even supposed to be protective.

Also, the black colouring... and it IS black, not purple, is a bit of a tip-off to his villainous nature as well. Should have kept him golden. He's supposed to look radiant and regal, not dark and badass.

I suppose being an entrepeneur and a man of power, he would wear the suit more for effect than protection. Sort of as a means to visually beef himself up when in fact he's this CEO that looks like he's made of porcelain when not in the costume.

CFE

Well.. he is supposed to be buff.. he threw the god damn Comedian out of a window. Can you just imagine Goode picking up Morgan and tossing him.

Well I think there are degree's of being buff.

He certainly shouldn't be 'Pre-Terminator-Arnold' buff...but yeah I see where you're coming from.

CFE

The Comedian looks great, FYI, I don't think thats a wig he's wearing..

Having read your previous posts in this thread I was going to put you on ignore already but this clinches it. Bu-bye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"