The Costumes Thread

redhawk23

Wrestlin'
Reaction score
Something I've always enjoyed about Star Trek, is even early on, how much thought went into what all the different costumes signified, even when single characters had several costumes in a single film or series.

Going to the Star Trek the tour show at the St. Louis Science Center last year and seeing a bunch of the props and costumes was a fantastic chance to see the craftsmanship that has gone in to this franchise's costumes over the years and the few costumes they had from Star Trek 09 were no different, Nero's especially.

This thread is here to discuss the costumes and uniforms in the new film. Judging by the trailer there are a few new variants of dress uniforms, and also characters like Chekov in different color designations than we're used to.

Discuss away!

star-trek-2.jpg

Cumberbatch's coat here reminds me a lot of several costumes from Wrath of Kahn.
Check out that collar. In everything else, Harrison is wearing Star Fleet clothing. Is that a new take on the away team jackets?

The+Wrath+of+Khan+Away+Mission+Jacket.jpg

I really like that Admiral Pike's uniform is very similar to Admiral Kirk's in The Motion Picture. Did he wear this at the end of ST09? I can't remember.

slide_272795_1942523_free.jpg

Admiral Kirk
kirk_tmp8.jpg

Seems like what Scotty is wearing here is original to this film.
slide_272795_1942514_free.jpg

The official prequel comic that comes out a few weeks before the film. Presumably this is what the Klingon costumes will look like.

star-trek-klingons.jpg

Far better than the grey trenchcoats from the deleted scenes of the 2009 film.
klingon1.jpeg

Harrison's get up here is interesting. I can't tell if it's the same coat from the above pic or not.

stid-emp-c1.jpg

I want velour, velour, and more velour.

This is a bit off-topic, but Pike looks much older than he did in Star Trek '09. How much time is supposed to have passed between the first movie and "Into Darkness?"

Last edited:
This suit is quite snazzy. I wonder what it's purpose is.
startrek-intodarkness3.jpg

NEMmaco4.jpg

redhawk, I think I found the inspiration for the oversuit/jacket worn by Scotty. It's a Starfleet combat uniform from DS9. Even the fabric texture is really similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"