could any Green latern take the surfer? If not, how many laterns would it take?

Galactus would probably be beyond the entire Corps. Maybe the Guardians could band together and take Galactus, but I doubt even thousands of Lanterns would be able to hurt Galactus too much, unless Galactus were weak as all hell from starvation.

I wanna see the living planet GL versus Galactus!

Mogo vs. Galactus would be sweet. I think Galactus would win, though.

TheCorpulent1 said:
The question is, would the ring override the Power Cosmic, or would the Power Cosmic override the ring? My guess is the latter. One's willpower in energy form, the other is the energy that fuels the entire universe.

However it could be argued the Universe itself is shaped by will as far as beings interactions are concerned. Although I agree the Surfer would probably beat any single GL.

- Whirly

TheCorpulent1 said:
Galactus would probably be beyond the entire Corps. Maybe the Guardians could band together and take Galactus, but I doubt even thousands of Lanterns would be able to hurt Galactus too much, unless Galactus were weak as all hell from starvation.
Yeah, I think it would take the Guardians themselves to take Galactus down. Hell, even Darkseid and all of Apokolips couldn't fend off a starving Galactus. :o

Johnny Blaze said:
Yeah, I think it would take the Guardians themselves to take Galactus down. Hell, even Darkseid and all of Apokolips couldn't fend off a starving Galactus. :o

Kirby who created both big G and Darkseid said they were equal.

- Whirly

Darkseid is about equal to a speed bump rather than Galactus now: a minor annoyance, but nothing anyone couldn't just run right over if they wanted to.

Johnny Blaze said:
Yep, they ain't so equal anymore. :o

We don't know that, as all Darkseids poor showings are being put down to the avatars e.g. When Desaad imperrsonated Darkseid and lost to Supes. He could still be at "Great Darkness Saga" level.

- Whirly

I suppose if his consistent losses against Superman were all attributed to stand-ins or clones or whatever, he could still be as powerful as ever. I doubt he is, though. People seem to love setting him up to fight Superman, so Darkseid seems doomed to just wax and wane however Superman does.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I suppose if his consistent losses against Superman were all attributed to stand-ins or clones or whatever, he could still be as powerful as ever. I doubt he is, though. People seem to love setting him up to fight Superman, so Darkseid seems doomed to just wax and wane however Superman does.

They have all been attributed to clones, I haven't got the comic myself but I have seen a set of scans of him standing with dessad over pictures of all his losses, including those to Superman explaining Dessad has been impersonating him and he finds it amusing.

- Whirly

Whirlysplat said:
They have all been attributed to clones, I haven't got the comic myself but I have seen a set of scans of him standing with dessad over pictures of all his losses, including those to Superman explaining Dessad has been impersonating him and he finds it amusing.

- Whirly
Heh, sounds like Starlin may have had a hand in this. :p

Unless Superman is just more powerful then people think.

Kool-Aid said:
Unless Superman is just more powerful then people think.

Supes is more powerful than people think but... He is not up to Galactus level or "real" Darkseid level either. He is though up to Dessad/Darkseid easily.

- Whirly

Given Silver Surfers powers, theoretically he could beat the entire GLC without much effort. Though I;ve never seen him use his powers in that way, so likely a few GL's could take him down with ease

SouLeSS said:
Given Silver Surfers powers, theoretically he could beat the entire GLC without much effort. Though I;ve never seen him use his powers in that way, so likely a few GL's could take him down with ease

Really? explain how he could take down the whole corp please.

- Whirly

He has near unlimited cosmic power. Superboy Prime took down quite a few of the GLC on his own little psycho rampage. Surely SS would be able to do the same.

Silver surfer's far more powerful than a green lantern.
If it came down to a whole bunch of em vs SS then i think it'd take all the major ones to be even.

So Hal, Kyle, John, Guy, Kilowag and maybe two or three more and they'd like be able to bring him down. Any less than that, or if SS plays it all out and smart then SS could take em all.

Ah, but the Surfer never goes all out. Silly pacifism. ;)
SouLeSS said:
He has near unlimited cosmic power. Superboy Prime took down quite a few of the GLC on his own little psycho rampage. Surely SS would be able to do the same.
Not really. The Surfer has a lot of versatility and power, but the GLs have almost as much versatility if they're any good. Also, keep in mind that the GL Corps was utterly destroyed a while back, so Superboy Prime was mostly fighting rookies who'd barely gotten their Lantern badges rather than the experienced GLs of the pre-Parallax Corps.

Put it this way: five random, barely trained GLs would get their asses handed to them against the Surfer, but Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, and Kilowog would probably be able to take him. It depends on how good the Lanterns are, really. The Corps as a whole is weaker than it used to be because most of their members are inexperienced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"