How many Green Lantern sequels should there be? Nine,Twelve?

ron bond 007

Civilian
Reaction score
I hope there will be many Green Lantern sequels after the first one comes out June 17 next year. How about since there will be a trilogy with Hal Jordan. Do another or two more trilogies like the Star Wars saga was supposed to be. Have the second trilogy feature Kyle Rayner,Guy Gardner and Jon Stewart and perhaps a third trilogy where Kyle Rayner rebuilds the Green Lantern Corps and/or Guy Gardner explores the unknown sectors of the universe to see if there are any threats to the GL corps like in the current comic Green Lantern:Emerald Warriors.

Maybe do a fourth trilogy as a prequel to the first GL movie dealing with how the GL Corps had formed and show the robot Manhunters patrolling the cosmos for the Guardians and them malfuctioning and being replaced by the GL Corps and the massacre of Space Sector 666. Or maybe do a trilogy based on Tales of the GL corps and show the other alien GL's patrolling their own sectors of the universe and facing threats and alien fleets there.

:hrt::awesome::woot:

How about we get the first movie out of the way first?

There should at least be three trilogies like Star Wars was supposed to be.

The first trilogy should be about the adventures of Hal Jordan and his relationship with Carol Ferris and perhaps the Sinestro Corps War and the War of Light/Blackest Night with the introduction of Jon Stewart.

The second trilogy could be about the adventures of Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner perhaps with Kyle rebuilding the GL corps after the Sinestro Corps War/War of Light while Guy Gardner explores the unknown sectors of the universe to find if there are any threats to the GL corps out there much like the Outbound Flight Project was supposed to be in the Star Wars novels.

And the third trilogy would be a prequel about how the GL corps had formed or the massacre of Space Sector 666 with the fall of the Manhunters or various adventures of other alien GL like Mogo,Kilowog,B'dg,Karum Ti,Medphyll,Nautkeiloi etc.

Also it would be fun if the first two sequels deal with Hal being exiled from Earth by the Guardians of the Universe and having to defend the other worlds of Space Sector 2814 and acquiring his own starship from the shipyards of the planet Telkor like in the GL comics from 1981-1982.

There should at least be three trilogies like Star Wars was supposed to be.

The first trilogy should be about the adventures of Hal Jordan and his relationship with Carol Ferris and perhaps the Sinestro Corps War and the War of Light/Blackest Night with the introduction of Jon Stewart.

The second trilogy could be about the adventures of Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner perhaps with Kyle rebuilding the GL corps after the Sinestro Corps War/War of Light while Guy Gardner explores the unknown sectors of the universe to find if there are any threats to the GL corps out there much like the Outbound Flight Project was supposed to be in the Star Wars novels.

And the third trilogy would be a prequel about how the GL corps had formed or the massacre of Space Sector 666 with the fall of the Manhunters or various adventures of other alien GL like Mogo,Kilowog,B'dg,Karum Ti,Medphyll,Nautkeiloi etc.

Also it would be fun if the first two sequels deal with Hal being exiled from Earth by the Guardians of the Universe and having to defend the other worlds of Space Sector 2814 and acquiring his own starship from the shipyards of the planet Telkor like in the GL comics from 1981-1982.

Lets hope this happens

I'd be more than satisfied with a solid, traditional trilogy.

A trilogy would be good but I'd hope one day to see the likes of Kyle Rayner and John Stewart.

Yeah Im hoping John an Guy get introduced in the first sequel and kyle in the 2nd sequel if its a trilogy

I'd like to see Green Lanterns become like a phenomenon,
Every time the lead actor drops out, like say Reynolds leaves after 3 movies, bring in Jon Stewart, that actor leaves, bring in Guy Gardner, that guy leaves, bring in Kyle Rayner, that guy leaves bring in another guy.
And sprinkle other characters in as well like Alan Scott, Killawog, Katmatu, and all the rest,
I'd like to see the GLs become a never ending franchise like James Bond, or Batman, were the cast/directors/everything could change and the movies keep coming out.
I'd like to see it become like (not that I like these movies) but like the Final Destination movies, the Jason/Freddy/Michael Mayers movies. Just when you think they put out the last one, they start advertising another.

So I say the sky should be the limit, don't put a cap on the number of sequels.

I think GL has the potential for multiple films, too. Not just a trilogy. The mythos is so rich, plus you have other characters to move onto from Hal as GL. Rather than just the one character like with Batman, Spider-Man,Superman etc.

I hope to see the DarkStars in future Green Lantern movies. They were like the Green Lantern Corps and they were supposed to be the original corps but more agressive. It would be awesome to see them flying across the cosmos teaming up with the GL corps in a future GL sequel. The DarkStars once had their own comic book consiting of 39 issues starting in 1992.

The DarkStars should be either in the second or third or even fourth GL film. I hear they had their own star criuser affectinally called a "puddle jumper".

Also I hope to see Hal as GL and the entire GL Corps take on alien fleets of staships in space battles in Green Lantern opening June 17. If not then definitely a second or third film. I see they did many space battles against enemy starfleets in the comics and they will in the upcoming animated film Emerald Knights. Why not in this upcoming live action GL or it's posssible multiple sequels?

:bh::hal::brucebat::ss::super::thor::awesome::hrt:

Last edited:
Let's try to get to #2 before we get to 12, shall we?

I don't know much about Green Lantern outside of the Justice League cartoon but I'd at least like to see a sequel to this movie so we can see the Sinestro villain arc play out. And having a version of GL in a Justice League movie would be pretty cool.

Just 2. This movies not comics folks. You don't get 11 sequels unless your Bond.

LMAO . Its looking like this film can underform like Superman Return and your talking 9 films . Lets just hope for a sequel at this point. I have a bad feeling about this being a great film but no one sees it.

Three films is possible but it would take a long time. Hello its DC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"