The Amazing Spider-Man Could the movie possibly hinted at unresolved storylines?

socool

True
Reaction score
WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS!!!

!!!

!!!

My memory is quite hazy of this particular scene, but does anyone remember at the end of the movie when Uncle Ben's voicemail is playing over the various scenes of Peter's life after the Lizard's attack? I remember one scene where the camera panned over Peter's desk and showed various objects from the movie. I cannot remember all of them, but I do remember one of them was the Wanted poster for Uncle Ben's killer and that plot line was unresolved. Does anyone with a good memory of this scene mind listing off the other objects, or as many as they can remember, to see if that scene was the movie's way of saying, "Don't forget about these! You'll see them again."

It could be, or it could be a sign that Peter is giving up that vengeance storyline of tracking down the killer. I mean, Captain Stacy's speech, imo, really hit hard towards Peter.

I'm sure they'll explore more about the parents over the course of the franchise. Especially with the extensive background with Oscorp.

It could be, or it could be a sign that Peter is giving up that vengeance storyline of tracking down the killer. I mean, Captain Stacy's speech, imo, really hit hard towards Peter.

No, yeah, that's why he gave up his vengeful attack on anyone that looked like the man, but it would be dumb to leave it unresolved. They could do some really cool stuff with him if they wanted to.

I think if he gave up seeking revenge, he would have torn down the poster. It being still up on his wall means he sees it every day which means he is still thinking about it.

He`s given up on revenge after the Captain stacy talk and death.

Most likely he will find the killer in the sequel and have to forgive him instead of killing him.

No, yeah, that's why he gave up his vengeful attack on anyone that looked like the man, but it would be dumb to leave it unresolved. They could do some really cool stuff with him if they wanted to.

Well when he started to listen to Uncle Ben's voicemail, he was, what it looked like, cleaning up his room. Maybe he was going to toss the paper, who knows. If anything, I seem him seemingly bumping into the thief and not really looking for him at all.

I think if he gave up seeking revenge, he would have torn down the poster. It being still up on his wall means he sees it every day which means he is still thinking about it.

My first reply goes to this as well.

He`s given up on revenge after the Captain stacy talk and death.

Most likely he will find the killer in the sequel and have to forgive him instead of killing him.

I definitely think forgiveness will be the key IF they bring that plot point up again. It's rather different in forgiving a regular guy and then forgiving a supervillain and letting him fly away.

I definitely think forgiveness will be the key IF they bring that plot point up again. It's rather different in forgiving a regular guy and then forgiving a supervillain and letting him fly away.

Yep, in my opinion he should have the chance to kill the criminal but chooses to hand him over to the police instead

The Wanted poster, a picture of Peter with his parents, and a picture of Uncle Ben.

Uncle Ben says "unresolved" as the camera pans over the bulletin board.

It's not necessary for Peter to forgive the killer, but it would be nice to feed him to the police. He IS a criminal, after all.

I just hope they don't have uncle Ben's killer end up being a villain again

That would mean another retcon. They can't be THAT stupid.

I think that the robber will be seen again. My bet is that Green Goblin will use the robber as a tool to try to corrupt Peter and gives him a chance to kill him

I think we should see him again, too.

And I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I think Peter not being THE Peter we know yet is intentional and is part of a bigger arc for him. I wouldn't call him a *****e, but he certainly isn't the comics PP. And he may never become that 100%, but he's starting to learn a lesson here, which I found very interesting.

I think we should see him again, too.

And I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I think Peter not being THE Peter we know yet is intentional and is part of a bigger arc for him. I wouldn't call him a *****e, but he certainly isn't the comics PP. And he may never become that 100%, but he's starting to learn a lesson here, which I found very interesting.

This is exactly what I'm thinking

to me it's almost obvious, but I really think that the reason they made Peter disregard Captain Stacy's request is that the death of Gwen will hit Peter even harder

Peter breaking the promise is still a terrible idea, imo. Circumstances could've reunited them in TASM2, not him doing that. Very out of character, and it was the last line of theilm, too. C'mon.

Peter breaking the promise is still a terrible idea, imo. Circumstances could've reunited them in TASM2, not him doing that. Very out of character, and it was the last line of theilm, too. C'mon.

Maybe we got the wrong idea. Maybe Peter is keeping Gwen out, put hinting that there still can't be something. I didn't get the feel that they would exactly go back together, just hinting that Peter still likes her

Well, look at it logically:

-Peter promises to stay away.
-Peter tells Gwen he's staying away because of the promise.
-Peter expresses his willingness to one day break it.

Ergo? He is leaving the door open to get back with her.

I bet any money they take the guy with the star tattoo and make him a villian

What makes you so sure? I'd bet any money they'll stay away from that idea till the sun goes supernova.

If the script writers Sony hired for the sequel are any better than the previous one, they will use him as a tool in a more complex story. Also, if there's no room for him, they will be smart enough to not crowbar him into the sequel

If the script writers Sony hired for the sequel are any better than the previous one, they will use him as a tool in a more complex story. Also, if there's no room for him, they will be smart enough to not crowbar him into the sequel

We're totally 50-50 on that one. The writers have given us the new Star Trek and MI3, but they've also given us Zorro 2, TF:RotF, The Island and Cowboys & Aliens, so...

We're totally 50-50 on that one. The writers have given us the new Star Trek and MI3, but they've also given us Zorro 2, TF:RotF, The Island and Cowboys & Aliens, so...

Well, I'm not worried since 2 of the bad movies you mentioned were TF:RotF and Cb&A. I mean, there's not really that great material in any adaptation of Transformers to really give us an immersive story, and what would you really expect from a movie called Cowboys & Aliens?

I wont comment on The Island and Zorro 2 'cause I haven't really seen them, but still, I have faith

There may not be great material for TF but that doesn't mean a director couldn't change it into something great and meaningful. It also doesn't mean it's an excuse to create one of the worst and most insulting movies in the history of cinema.

And the C&A comic is actually pretty good.

My impression of the wanted poster being shown was that it'll definitely be touched on again in a sequel. I think that if they wanted to show he'd given up seeking revenge he'd throw it away but since it's still there it shows that he still wants justice rather than pure revenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"