The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man: The Unresolved Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
umm...married..in High School?
i think they were going to get married in SM4 or 5 buuut....

and i want him to meet MJ before Gwen dies maybe when he graduates and then GG attacking him at the dance taking Gwen to a bridge and.... SNAP!

You realize Spider-Man wasn't a high school senior for the majority of his history right? Also they were seniors I'm pretty sure the movie ended towards the end of the year too. I'm thinking they'll be in college by the time AM2 comes out.

You realize Spider-Man wasn't a high school senior for the majority of his history right? Also they were seniors I'm pretty sure the movie ended towards the end of the year too. I'm thinking they'll be in college by the time AM2 comes out.
:up: Exactly.

Yeah, I hope so. There were scenes where Garfield looked waaaay too old for the character.

Yeah, I hope so. There were scenes where Garfield looked waaaay too old for the character.
Only in a few scenes though. And in pretty much all high school movies, the students always look much older than they are supposed to.

I do think it was smart of Sam Raimi to have Peter Parker in high school for a short period of the film, and have him graduate right away in the first movie.

Only in a few scenes though. And in pretty much all high school movies, the students always look much older than they are supposed to.

I do think it was smart of Sam Raimi to have Peter Parker in high school for a short period of the film, and have him graduate right away in the first movie.

Yah, honestly the only one that stuck out to me was when he was pulliing that web from his back. He looked so rough :oldrazz: I think that was the one anyway... And it's weird because he looked very much like a teen in the Stacy dinner scene.

That's the price you pay for talent. You don't want some young punk who can't act in the role. Which is most of young Hollywood.

Yah, honestly the only one that stuck out to me was when he was pulliing that web from his back. He looked so rough :oldrazz: I think that was the one anyway... And it's weird because he looked very much like a teen in the Stacy dinner scene.
Oh yeah, I remember when he was pulling the web out of his neck and you could see the wrinkles in his face. I think another scene was when he goes to visit Dr. Connors and when he says "I'm Richard Parker's son!"

For the most part, he did come off as a teenager throughout most of the movie, but its borderline. However, there is a parallel to Tobey Maguire in Raimi's Spider-Man movies. He was able to pull of the look of a teenager in SM1, but barely. Once again, it was also borderline. The difference is that they decided to let him graduate and put him in college. By the second movie, he aged a lot. And for the third movie, he didn't even look close to being a teen. Wasn't he younger when he started Spider-Man than Andrew, too?

Why doesn't Sony make a theatrical animated film series as well?

Oh yeah, I remember when he was pulling the web out of his neck and you could see the wrinkles in his face. I think another scene was when he goes to visit Dr. Connors and when he says "I'm Richard Parker's son!"

For the most part, he did come off as a teenager throughout most of the movie, but its borderline. However, there is a parallel to Tobey Maguire in Raimi's Spider-Man movies. He was able to pull of the look of a teenager in SM1, but barely. Once again, it was also borderline. The difference is that they decided to let him graduate and put him in college. By the second movie, he aged a lot. And for the third movie, he didn't even look close to being a teen. Wasn't he younger when he started Spider-Man than Andrew, too?

I think Maguire was 25 when he did SM1.

And by SM3, he really looked quite old and his age...And he was supposed to be like 20 :o

No it's not, I don't even like Venom that much, what I'm more interested in seeing is a Peter that deals with the grief of having lost the only person he's ever really loved. Venom would just happen to work in a story like that, having all of Spider-Man's memories and knowing how to hit his emotional weak points. I just think it's a horrible approach to skip ALL of MJ because she is Peter's true love and the one he is ment to be with, not Gwen. Gwen is just first love. You could do the same story with a character like Electro because of his inferior complex.

Wait, I'm confused...:confused:

Not quite sure how to respond, because you are not making sense. I thought my explanation is pretty clear...it has everything to do with Peter & Gwen, and less to do with some manufacture emotion involving Venom & MJ....which has nothing to do with nothing. This series of films should focus on Peter & Gwen, as far as his life outside of being Spider-Man.

Maybe you should read his post backwards it makes more sense.

I think Maguire was 25 when he did SM1.

And by SM3, he really looked quite old and his age...And he was supposed to be like 20 :o
For many, many reasons, Spider-Man 3 should have taken place years after Spider-Man 2.

Seeing as this reboot series was announced as a trilogy. I never expected the answers to all those questions in the first movie. Although I would have liked more Dr Ratha in the movie and for Peter to find his uncles killer. And a better credits scene.

©KAW;24060017 said:
That's the price you pay for talent. You don't want some young punk who can't act in the role. Which is most of young Hollywood.

So don't put it in high school then. There was no reason he couldn't have been in college.

I thought he was believable as a high school kid. Then again its been almost 4 years since I was in high school... -_- man I am getting old.

Anyway, I'd be happy if they graduated toward the end of ASM2 or anytime throughout ASM3. I enjoy a young Spider-Man. The younger the better imo. :spidey:

I found Andrew believable as a teenager, especially during the high school scenes. There were little instances where his age showed a little bit, though.

The viral websites suggest that Peter's graduating with the Class of 2012, so whenever ASM2 is set will dictate where Peter is in his education and age. You'll bet I'll be snarky if it's set in 2014 and Peter is in the middle of his senior year of college :cwink:

Seeing as this reboot series was announced as a trilogy. I never expected the answers to all those questions in the first movie. Although I would have liked more Dr Ratha in the movie and for Peter to find his uncles killer. And a better credits scene.

Where did you hear about this trilogy nonsense? It better not end with three movies. Especially if the Venom film is considered part of the series.

I'll be amazed if Gwen is killed in the 2nd movie. Close out the trilogy with a bang (or rather a snap).

For ASM2 it would be so cool if the final scene of the movie was the classic 'face it, tiger' line. Meaning you don't bog down the sequel with a love triangle but MJ is introduced for the 3rd movie.

Final credits scene should be Norman taking the serum.

Where did you hear about this trilogy nonsense? It better not end with three movies. Especially if the Venom film is considered part of the series.
It was announced to be a trilogy. But who knows, it can always go further than that.

Do we know how many Andrew is contracted to do?

Do we know how many Andrew is contracted to do?
I'm not sure what he is contracted to do, but I'm sure he would at least stick around for the trilogy. This is the biggest thing he has ever starred in, so its possible he would stay for more movies. I don't mind seeing someone else take over as long as he sticks around for the trilogy and the parents story arc is resolved.

Garfield strikes me as an indy actor and the only reason he has taken this gig is because of his love for Spidey. I can't see him sticking around for more than 3.

^ You know, I can see that....you might be right.

Garfield strikes me as an indy actor and the only reason he has taken this gig is because of his love for Spidey. I can't see him sticking around for more than 3.

This. He's a great actor and it's clear that he loves Spider-Man, but he also seems like a very smart guy, and he'd know if a project he has his eyes set on is a project worth working on.

You only have to look at his body of work before Spidey (Indy movies) add to virtually every seasoned pro saying Garfield is one of the most talented actors they have worked with makes me think we're lucky to have him, also I saw an interview where Garfield says if Spidey wasn't a childhood hero he wouldn't have taken the job. I can't see Garfield love of Spidey stretching past 3 movies, I think when the trilogy is done he'll return to indy movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"