Crazy Theory: Robin is Joker

Robin robbed banks?! :o

you... you... :cmad:

you know what? :o

Zg1eKkv.gif

I accept any twist/change/redaction on the mythos as long as it's written well and makes logical sense in the context of the story. For a loose example, the Tumbler turning into the Bat-Pod made zero sense to me.

It upsets me that this nonsense has gained so much traction

I accept any twist/change/redaction on the mythos as long as it's written well and makes logical sense in the context of the story. For a loose example, the Tumbler turning into the Bat-Pod made zero sense to me.

Wow. You make it sound like the thing just transformed into the Bat Pod, you know, Transformers style. Maybe the Tumbler was an Autobot. "My name is Tumblerush Prime".

I had no problem with the Batpod, but why did they have to call it the Batpod?

I assume Bat + Escape pod = Batpod.

Wow. You make it sound like the thing just transformed into the Bat Pod, you know, Transformers style. Maybe the Tumbler was an Autobot. "My name is Tumblerush Prime".

No. It was just a lame concept, and made zero sense from a military standpoint ("In case of emergency in the Iraqi desert, a motorcycle will eject out of the car." "Sir, yes, sir!"), and there was no mention of it in Begins (unless Bruce installed the Bat-Pod after BB and TDK) - like, really? Lucius isn't going to mention that? Oh, it's because they hadn't written that idea yet... It just kind of came out of nowhere. It was cool as hell, yes, and it was a fantastic sequence to watch, but realistically, huh?

Regarding this Robin/Joker theory, the one thing I don't like about it is that it would mean Joker has a real name, and we know it and hear it. That would be blasphemous for that character... especially if it was Dick Grayson or Jason Todd. It would also be kind of disrespectful to the characters of Dick and Jason, so it would have to be a new Robin, kind of like John Blake... and that's asking a lot from the fans too.

Odds are, this theory is never happening, ever. It's damn interesting though, and if they could somehow pull it off, I would support it.

ACTUALLY, if they could somehow tweak the Tim Drake/Joker story from Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, that would be pretty damn epic, and would faithfully honor something that comes from actual source material instead of making up something for a movie.

Hmm, the more I think about it, the more I love it.

This is just as crazy as the idea of Wonder Woman and Aquaman being Kryptonian descendants.

This is just as crazy as the idea of Wonder Woman and Aquaman being Kryptonian descendants.

It does have precedent with Return of the Joker, though. It wouldn't be something pulled out of thin air.

It does have precedent with Return of the Joker, though. It wouldn't be something pulled out of thin air.

Well folk were lenient towards that because the actual Joker was dead and the whole sci-fi brain transfer thing made it workable in that world. Here I'd rather not have that.

I'd prefer to think Bruce's family except Alfred had all left him alone.

you... you... :cmad:

you know what? :o

Zg1eKkv.gif

I always wondered what the hell is wrong with this dog...? They either tested some experimental drugs on him or he is really overdoing sucking up to his owners - something a cat would never do if I might add.

Anyway, I digress.
Rod, I really like you as a writer and, on some level, as a person as well, I guess, but as conspiracy theorist you're downright awful. Almost on Alex Jones' level. :o

Seriously though, I don't find this possible, especially considering Leto's age.
And Miller's insanity. :woot:

Magneto assassinated JFK. Marisa Tomei is Aunt May. Bruce Wayne, in an unexplainable fashion, arrived back to a cut off Gotham in no time at all. Two-Face was able to talk coherently with only half his face. Proffesor X never thought of reading Toad, Sabertooth, or Mystique's mind in order to find out Magneto's plan. The X-Men franchise changes continuity like a baby gets its diapers changed...and out of all this and more...I have potentially 11 (that's you, Wolfy) people hating me for my crazy theory?!

I'm the bad guy?!!! :wow:

Oh, well! :p

Magneto assassinated JFK. Marisa Tomei is Aunt May. Bruce Wayne, in an unexplainable fashion, arrived back to a cut off Gotham in no time at all. Two-Face was able to talk coherently with only half his face. Proffesor X never thought of reading Toad, Sabertooth, or Mystique's mind in order to find out Magneto's plan. The X-Men franchise changes continuity like a baby gets its diapers changed...and out of all this and more...I have potentially 11 (that's you, Wolfy) people hating me for my crazy theory?!

I'm the bad guy?!!! :wow:

Oh, well! :p

In defense of X-Men franchise changing continuity, it is actually faithful to comics, as they were never able to stay on course as well. :woot:
As, for Two-Face, nevermind the coherent speech, how the hell didn't that lidless eye dry and go blind? Was he possessed by Sauron or what? :huh:

Anyway, I don't hate you for this theory and I am not saying that you're a bad guy.
Though I'm not saying you're good either. :p

I'm like poison...It looks good on that bottle, but once you drink me...you gonna die, son! :D

This theory would actually work in a TV series if it were a one-off episode where Robin (assumed dead) came back as what Batman thinks is the Joker, but he's a copycat Joker. He's been so damaged and driven insane, almost having a Stockholm syndrome-like trauma that he becomes the very thing that inflicted the trauma on him in the first place.

It would work rather well, under those circumstances. If only people had more of an open mind...

Or not one-off episode, as that would be too quick, but a half-season or even season-long arc where he appears intermittently throughout. But he'd have to be restored at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"