Crisis on Infinite Earths------>Infinite Crisis?

T

The_Yeti

Hey all,

Recentley I picked up "Crisis on Infinite Earths" after I got into the DC Universe after defecting from Marvel comics. Soon after picking it up I found out about Infinite Crisis and as is it's natural sequel Im planning to pick it up too. However, as you all probably know there are stories leading up from COIE to IC and I want to pick these up.

I've been using wikipedia to serach up on the relevant TPB's but I dont want to miss any out. So I was wondering if anyone can help me out?

COIE
Countdown to Infinite Crisis
The OMAC Project
Rann-Thanagar War
Villains United
Day Of Vengeance
Identity Crisis
JLA Crisis of Conscience
Identity Crisis
IC

Are these the correct TPB's that will allow me to fully follow the events from COIE to IC? I'm hoping to pick up 52 and the Countdown (when that comes out on TPB). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:super: :batty: :ww: :gl:

That seems right but your order is outta whack.

COIE
Identity Crisis
JLA Crisis of Conscience
Cutndown to Infinite Crisis
R/T War
DoV
VU
OMAC
then IC

That seems right but your order is outta whack.

COIE
Identity Crisis
JLA Crisis of Conscience
Cutndown to Infinite Crisis
R/T War
DoV
VU
OMAC
then IC

Aaaahhhhh, ok. Thanks for sorting out the order. I purchased OMAC and it had Countdown fo Infinite Crisis tagged onto the beginning of it? Also, I read somewhere that a certain event involving Donna Troy in Teen Titans' Graduation Day initiates Infinite Crisis or am I just plain wrong? If so, is it worth buying?

oh yeah... there
s a trade out there that has the death and ressurection of donna troy but I didn't find it too necessary. All you need to know is that she gets killed and then comes back to life and now has a planet called New Chronos that she can fly around the galaxy.

oh yeah... there
s a trade out there that has the death and ressurection of donna troy but I didn't find it too necessary. All you need to know is that she gets killed and then comes back to life and now has a planet called New Chronos that she can fly around the galaxy.

Thanks, you have been so helpful. Cheers.

*Heads over to Amazon.com.....*

52 is also comming out in TPB format.You can check DC`s website for details.

You're also missing like about 20 years of comics in between COIE and Identity Crisis, but, whatever.

^yeah, what he said.

Um, also, the JLA Crisis of Conscience arc takes place after Countdown to Infinite Crisis, not before as he said. In fact, in terms of the timeline it occurs more or less immediately before IC.

Donna Troy's death and resurrection, covered in the tpb "Death and Return of Donna Troy," is not necessary to understand IC. The only thing you need to know is that Donna has become the new "Harbinger" of sorts; she alone is aware that the multiverse existed.

If you're a completionist or whatever, there's a remote possibility -- pretty remote -- that you might want to pick up "The Insiders" trade crossover between the Teen Titans and the Outsiders and also the JSA Classified: Power Girl trade; the two have important info regarding Superboy (Conner Kent) and Power Girl which becomes reasonably relevant during Infinite Crisis. But it's far from a necessity; IC explains what you need to know about them pretty well on its own.

Countdown to Infinite Crisis is in the OMAC trade. You might also want to pick up the Prelude to Infinite Crisis (which covers some stories leading into IC) and Infinite Crisis: The Companion (which is to be read with Infinite Crisis and tells stories rounding off 4 series going into IC - OMAC, R/T War, DoV & VU).

You're also missing like about 20 years of comics in between COIE and Identity Crisis, but, whatever.

Lol, yeah, I kinda understand that but I dont have the resources to pick it all up. I do other reading to try and catch up on other stuff.

BrianWilly said:
Um, also, the JLA Crisis of Conscience arc takes place after Countdown to Infinite Crisis, not before as he said. In fact, in terms of the timeline it occurs more or less immediately before IC.

Coolio. Thanks, I dont want to read them in the wrong order.

BrianWilly said:
If you're a completionist or whatever, there's a remote possibility -- pretty remote -- that you might want to pick up "The Insiders" trade crossover between the Teen Titans and the Outsiders and also the JSA Classified: Power Girl trade; the two have important info regarding Superboy (Conner Kent) and Power Girl which becomes reasonably relevant during Infinite Crisis. But it's far from a necessity; IC explains what you need to know about them pretty well on its own.

Thanks for that. Very helpful, I'll look into them.

yenaled said:
Countdown to Infinite Crisis is in the OMAC trade. You might also want to pick up the Prelude to Infinite Crisis (which covers some stories leading into IC) and Infinite Crisis: The Companion (which is to be read with Infinite Crisis and tells stories rounding off 4 series going into IC - OMAC, R/T War, DoV & VU).

I've got OMAC and it is in there. The other two you suggested I'll probably end up getting too. Thanks for your help all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"