Criss Angel: Mindfreak

I saw my post from two years ago, and now I think he's a very, very good performer, but his presentation just isn't for me, lol. Even more now because after a few months of actually getting into magic, I know how he does pretty much everything.

I saw my post from two years ago, and now I think he's a very, very good performer, but his presentation just isn't for me, lol. Even more now because after a few months of actually getting into magic, I know how he does pretty much everything.
Please, indulge us..

LMAO@imdaly's avatar!

Hey Master Chief! I've spent a month or so in the past studying card tricks, but even I don't have a clue as to how he's doing that levitation thing in the link I posted.

-TNC

Please, indulge us..

I'm not going to expose how stuff is done, but I'll link you up with the site that helped me learn a lot since I don't have the pleasure of knowing a magician who would teach me personally. :(

www.ellusionist.com

Their card decks are freaking sweeeeeeeet.

Magic is not real...it is all illusion.

LMAO@imdaly's avatar!

Hey Master Chief! I've spent a month or so in the past studying card tricks, but even I don't have a clue as to how he's doing that levitation thing in the link I posted.

-TNC

I don't know exactly what he's doing, but there's something suspending him. If I were there and I didn't see something carrying him across, and I actually saw him floating, then I'd be stumped. But with camera you never know.

How about a pm? :o

I just wanna know how the really simple tricks are done, like that disappearing ball in the hand. Pisses me off. :cmad: :csad:

There's palming and then there's thumb tips and stuff. :o

Magic is not real...it is all illusion.

That's why it's a performer's job to shatter a spectator's mind, lol. I've performed acts of kinetic energy for a couple friends who are always trying to bust my tricks, and I got the biggest reaction out of them by moving a pen a little bit with my hands a good 10-11 inches away. :word: And no, I didn't use a magnet. And I let them pick up the pen right after I was finished. GoOOAAWWWD I love magic.

I dunno. Criss does a lot of illusions, seemingly impossible with a lot of spectators and camera work. If everyone was in on these things every time, wouldn't we know the truth by now? I mean, they're filming in a very public area. This knowledge could've been spilled a long time ago if that was the case. That's why I'm skeptical of the "fake spectators" argument that some people use. I dunno, it seems so out there and would be exploiting true "illusionism", IMO.

-TNC

Well there's always contracts and such. No one really wants to get sued. :o

The favorite bit of mine that he did was just used as a cut scene between his major illusions he was doing. He was in a parking lot and approached a woman. He asked her if she had anything to write on in her purse, so she pulled a napkin out. He asked her to draw her favorite animal on the napkin, so she drew a butterfly. He then folded the napkin up and held it between his palms and acting like he was really concentrating. Then he unfolded the napkin and a live butterfly flew out and the drawing was gone.
jag

Thats because the woman was hired :o

Check this out:

Thats because the woman was hired :o

Well, duhhhh. I could have told you that when I first watched him do it. :huh: Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the illusion.

Check this out:

Interesting. Still, I think it's funny that all these people think they're uncovering some big mystery when they expose how illusionists do their tricks. They're ILLUSIONISTS! What they do isn't real and isn't meant to be interpreted that way. Their goal is to make it LOOK like they did something otherwise impossible.

jag

1. You never see a far away shot of Chris, if you notice we never see a direct shot of whats above him (ie. all we see is a close up shot of him in frame).

2. Who the hell says "Yea! You da man Chris!" in a crowd?! They are hired actors. The camera man all of a sudden gets a shot of a black guy leadin a crowd of white people into a parking lot then points up at Chris?! :dry:

3. When he "lifts off", you can see his feet dangling a bit as if something pulling him up by his back.

I dunno. Criss does a lot of illusions, seemingly impossible with a lot of spectators and camera work. If everyone was in on these things every time, wouldn't we know the truth by now? I mean, they're filming in a very public area. This knowledge could've been spilled a long time ago if that was the case. That's why I'm skeptical of the "fake spectators" argument that some people use. I dunno, it seems so out there and would be exploiting true "illusionism", IMO.

-TNC

Drexx is righto. :o Not one of those people wants to break their contract, because it'll cost them like, ten times what they were paid to sign it.

If you get really good at it, Matty, maybe you can magically give Kate a real foot. :up:

jag

omg. :cmad:

I love her as she is she doesn't need a normal foot even though that would rock EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
cursin10.gif

Let me preface this by saying that I absolutely loathe David Blaine. He single-handedly turned me off to magic and illusionists, which I used to really love. I caught Criss Angel's new show on A&E on Wednesday night and really enjoyed it. He's a bit over-dramatic at times, but that's a part of his charm in many ways. And he had me genuinely scratching my head at some of the illusions he pulled off (the butterfly from the paper one was pretty amazing if you caught it). The fact that he does so much of his stuff out in the open on the street and involving the general public makes it all the more remarkable.

Anyone catch his new show or seen him perform before? What did you think of him?

jag
jag i thought u would know better

criss angel is all staged

tsk tsk !!

wait, I haven't seen a David Blaine video for years, but the one I did see was amazing.
Why does he suck ?

I'm with you. I have nothing against either...

Except 'Criss' Angel.

What the ****, man? It's Chris. Spell it normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"