Angel season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotFadeAway

Superhero
Reaction score
Didn't know if this thread had been created, so I said screw it and made one. I am so happy and excited this is getting made, this way Angel's story can come have the closure it always deserved. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm a bigger Angel fan than Buffy, and I consider Angel my third favorite "hero" of all time behind Superman and Batman, and thats knocking out alot of competition. As a full grown man, I teared up at the end of Not Fade Away, the last Angel episode, thinking that either Angel and company died or we would never know what happened to them. And it really bugged me that Wesley died, he was my second favorite Whedon character and I loved how his character progressed over the years. You could see the change build in a subtle way, and then after his friends abandoned him, for good reason mind you, he snapped. I bet they wish they hadn't killed Wes now. But yes, I am, again, so thrilled that this is being made and I hope it is a good send off to the character of Angel. I always wanted to write for Angel, even more than Superman, so I'm praying this is awesome.

I want to say this thread for all Angel fans, lets just get together and shoot the sh^t about season 6 or even the series in general. I'd love to just talk about it!

Edit: I didn't see the Buffy season 8 thread, and that the topic of discussion at the moment is Angel. Feel free to move it to this thread if you want, or not, and leave that thread to Buffy! Either or, doesn't matter...

we should have two seperate threads, I feel...

is the first issue out yet?, my sis told me some revelations about it but i'm not sure whether she was telling the truth or not

It comes out in November. There have been preview pages though. Can't wait myself.

I've seen the preview pages as well. I'm very intrigued as too where they well go. I have a feeling by the end of the series we will see Angel do battle with the Senoir Partners, or some manifestation. I guess you could say Hamiliton was, but something that tops him!

I wouldn't place any bets on that. We're not meant to ever see the Senior Partners, and I certainly hope we don't, with the exception of that one Angel killed way back in season 2. If you need any manifestation for the SP's, Holland Manners will do.

I remember hearing that one of Senior Partners would've come down if the show hadn't been canned.

The fact that they're free of budgetary constraints may mean we could see some Senior Partners after all.

I wonder if the Mr. Survata(?) they mentioned in the show was the Wolf, the Ram, or the Hart.:huh:

I just took a look at the preview pages, and yes, muy excited. Lynch and Urru are going to do great.

Definitely not something I expected, and I'm actually rather pleased that it doesn't pick up -right- where "Not Fade Away" left off.

...but definitely looking forward to it. :up:

Ooh, November 28th, huh? That's still a long time, but at least there's a concrete date attached now. I figured S6 wouldn't start until 2008. :up:

I wonder if Whedon will be doing this just as he had planned for a televised season six.
For instance, if there had been a sixth season on Tv or a TV movie, Gunn would have been turned to a vampire and would have been a villain. I really hope that doesnt happen, though, since this is pretty much public knowledge to fans.

I wonder if Whedon will be doing this just as he had planned for a televised season six.
For instance, if there had been a sixth season on Tv or a TV movie, Gunn would have been turned to a vampire and would have been a villain. I really hope that doesnt happen, though, since this is pretty much public knowledge to fans.

Lets hope not.....

I'm hoping they bring in David Fury and Tim Minear to help out since I believe Whedon will be focusin more on Buffy. Thats how it always was for Angel anyway, Whedon would help plot the season and others would write it! I always thought of Angel as more of a "Mutant Enemy" show than a Whedon show!

Yeah, and I suspect that's part of the reason it was better than Buffy. :up:

Must...kill...
014.gif

I'm actually in agreement with you. I liked having Joss create the characters and plot the seasons, but I liked having other write it. I thought it was a perfect match!

I hope both Buffy and Angel succeed, so that we might get a Whedon-written Firefly: Season 2. :up:

i do not think this miniseries is meant to be 'season 6'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"