Crossover movie?

w@llcrawler

Civilian
Reaction score
hulkspiderman.jpg

Not likely to happen. It's been discussed before. This thread should be closed or merged with the other thread.

Was actually more of an excuse to show everyone the cool pic I found than actually contemplating the possibility of this being made into a feature.

w@llcrawler said:
Was actually more of an excuse to show everyone the cool pic I found than actually contemplating the possibility of this being made into a feature.

Ok, you shouldn't spam. Feel free to go to the Fan Art section, and post the picture there.

You have got to be the most anal person I've ever met on these (or any) boards. Get this: I haven't broken any board rules. I don't know what your cracked definition of "spamming" is but I am not trying to sell anything nor did I create that picture, or even know the person who did. I saw it, thought it was cool, and thought some other people on here might, too.

You're like the person who watches an R-rated movie and complains the entire time about all the cursing and nudity. It's like you're helpless to not keep returning to a post you can only complain about to complain some more!
Though I feel you have every right to express your opinion, I feel your energy would be better expended alphabetizing your canned foods or color coordinating the order that your shirts hang in your closet and leave the discussion, posting about, etc. superheroes to people who can actually find some enjoyment in them.

I could probably have endless fun posting things to which I know you'd be helpless not to respond with some senseless blather, but in fact I'm going to do my best (I can't GUARANTEE because some things simply DEMAND a response) not to acknowledge any future comments by you.

In honor of your love of asking for threads to be closed, the mods should gather all of your posted nonsense into a single thread, put a lock on it, and throw away the key! Now go do something useful like making sure the handles on all the pots in your kitchen are facing Northeast or something.

Everyone else...enjoy the picture. Or NOT!! :eek:

There are better places for it, though.
And again, why the bootleg versions of the DC characters? Or was it done that long ago?

Chris Wallace said:
There are better places for it, though.
And again, why the bootleg versions of the DC characters? Or was it done that long ago?

I couldn't tell you how long ago it was done. I found this site -

http://www.supermantv.net/comics/hulksuperman/index.htm

and thought the picture looked cool. I have never been to the picture section on these boards. This is the area I post in. Therefore this is the area I "know" people who I wanted to show the photo to. I also posted it in the DC section (which I don't frequent) because of the DC characters which I thought DC fans (who don't visit the Marvel forums) might like to see.

I don't really care if someone has something negative to say about my post or if someone disagrees with me. I mean, that's the whole POINT of a forum - to air your opinion. But to repeatedly whine that a thread should be closed because "it's a picture in the wrong area" is, in my opinion, nearly the epitome of nitpicking (correcting people's punctuation and spelling would have to take the cake - thank GOD no one's started doing THAT yet!). Maybe I'M the wierdo but coming across minor slips like that on the boards doesn't really bother me enough to post a remark about it.

I'll guarantee you this though: in the future I won't use any funny play on words in the subject of my threads. I'll put EXACTLY what you'll get if you open the link (Photoshopped Pic of Supes and Bats from World's Finest with Raimi's Spidey and CGI Hulk) so you'll know what you're getting BEFORE you decide to venture in. But someone will still find a reason to *****.

I come to these boards feeling anxious to discuss (or just read opinions about) superheroes, comics, etc. with/from likeminded people who get pleasure from seeing their childhood heroes brought to life on screen (or at least talking about how they would like it to be when that finally happens). I DON'T come on here to nitpick and certainly not to be nitpicked at over such trivial things as "this has already been posted elsewhere". NEWSFLASH: EVERYTHING posted on here has more than likely been posted on here before. That is typical of forums like this. I'm on a bodybuilding forum and you get the same questions at least every other day. The difference is, no matter how many times someone new asks for help with their bulking diet or the correct form when doing ATF squats, I have NEVER seen anyone on their reply that "that question has been asked a million times on here already" or some such remark that just begs for a kick in the ass.

Yes, we read comic books and enjoy superhero movies, but that doesn't mean we have to behave like children.

Hey W@LLCRAWLER, I couldn't agree with you more. People literally take these boards to heart. My brother had an opinion on one of these boards, and one of the people who had been on here for a long time disagreed, they had him booted off. He never cursed, never insulted peoples integrity, but pfft right off. I thought your reply to dpm07 was eloquent and to the point. You didn't degrade him (much anyway) and still got your point across. People it's not that important. There is nothing more annoying than people who nitpick (except cyberthugs). By the way, I happened to like the pic. In my opinion(and take notice people, I said MY opinion) the Supes in your pick looks 10 times better both stature and costume wise than the ballerina they have for the movie. Well that's all I have to say about that(Forrest Gump moment), happy posting everyone. TOOOO INFINITY and BEYOND!

Hey RIZ, I'm not sure how it works, but i'm showing your post date as 9/02 and Gilligan didn't pass away until 9/06 (as far as I know). Are you psychic? What Gives?

Hey wallcrawler look at my avengers line up in your other thread.

I've got no problems at all with this thread wallcrawler. And you're totally right about nearly every topic being posted previously. Besides, folks like me don't read everything on this site nor will go searching for stuff. That's just the way it is.

i_play_SEGA said:
a crossover movie might be difficult to do.
No. Bicycling through traffic is difficult to do. Changing a flat tire when you've never done it before is difficult to do. A Marvel/DC crossover movie ain't gonna happen.

Chris Wallace said:
No. Bicycling through traffic is difficult to do. Changing a flat tire when you've never done it before is difficult to do. A Marvel/DC crossover movie ain't gonna happen.

As I said earlier, the point of this thread wasn't to suggest that there should be a crossover film. I just thought the pic looked cool.

BUT Marvel and DC have done many comic crossovers and now that Marvel is taking back the film rights to some of their properties a joint venture involving a Marvel and a DC character could happen. Probable? Maybe not, but certainly possible.

Put it this way, now that Marvel owns film rights to some of their own and DC owns all of theirs, what COULD stop it from happening? The only thing I could see would be agreeing on a story - which I grant you IS a major thing. Each studio would want their hero to look good. But they've overcome these obstacles plenty of times to put out crossover comic. And the money they each stand to gross from such an endeavor should certainly help iron out any creative differences.

First would have to come filmic crossovers within each studios own universe. If they prove to be successful - and there's no reason they wouldn't be awesome - the next logical step would be a multistudio crossover.

Truth is it ain't gonna happen anytime soon. But I would never say never about the possibility of it happening SOMEDAY.

I love crossovers and versus kinda stuff, im begining to think im one of the few people around this board who actually do, but a Marvel/DC crossover film i think would be kinda disasterious in the sense that the filmmakers will not please everyone. If you have Superman vs Hulk at one point in the movie, and Superman ends up winning, your gonna have a riot on your hands practically from all the Hulk fans and vice versa if it were Superman. The idea is kool, but it wouldnt work out. It probably bank though...

To be honest, there are so many more Marvel Universe crossovers I'd rather see than any Marvel/DC crossovers. I think that will come in the next few years. Once Marvel gets more character rights back, I don't see what would keep them from doing it.

I was just saying earlier that from a money-making standpoint I think Marvel and DC will probably eventually do a crossover but personally, I could care less if it never happened.

w@llcrawler: To be honest, there are so many more Marvel Universe crossovers I'd rather see than any Marvel/DC crossovers. I think that will come in the next few years. Once Marvel gets more character rights back, I don't see what would keep them from doing it.

That ain't gonna happen either. Rights issues aside, they don't match aesthetically. The Spider-Man films, the X-Men films-these, unlike the comics, are not designed to be part of a n integrated universe. They're designed to stand alone. SPider-Man's New York is not Daredevil's New York is not the FF's New York.

I was just saying earlier that from a money-making standpoint I think Marvel and DC will probably eventually do a crossover but personally, I could care less if it never happened.

From a money-making standpoint it doesn't make sense. Right now, Marvel's hottest property is Spider-man. WHich made about twice as much as DC';s hottest property, Batman. So there's no compelling reason to bring the two together when they clearly target different crowds.

Chris Wallace said:
That ain't gonna happen either. Rights issues aside, they don't match aesthetically. The Spider-Man films, the X-Men films-these, unlike the comics, are not designed to be part of a n integrated universe. They're designed to stand alone. SPider-Man's New York is not Daredevil's New York is not the FF's New York.

Yeah, just like the comic 'MK Spider-man' is a bit different from "Amazing Spider-man" but they both have other characters from the Marvel U guest star. The "individual" movies are designed for what they are. And when they do a crossover, they will design the characters and story to suit that purpose. I don't have any problem envisioning Hugh and Tobey interacting as Wolvie and Spidey.

Chris Wallace said:
From a money-making standpoint it doesn't make sense. Right now, Marvel's hottest property is Spider-man. WHich made about twice as much as DC';s hottest property, Batman. So there's no compelling reason to bring the two together when they clearly target different crowds.

BINGO! They target different crowds. That means a crossover movie would bring in the SPider-man fans AND the Batman fans which = Mo' MONEY! I think that math is simple enough to understand!

And in case I wasn't specific in my earlier post, I was saying that this would happen down the road when stand alone properties began losing steam and not bringing in as much money. They'll be looking for a new way to infuse some fan excitement and interest into these movies. So...CROSSOVER!!

Not much point in debating it, though. Only time will truly tell.

Just found this in the archives:

Chris Wallace said:
w@llcrawler: To be honest, there are so many more Marvel Universe crossovers I'd rather see than any Marvel/DC crossovers. I think that will come in the next few years. Once Marvel gets more character rights back, I don't see what would keep them from doing it.

Looksd like we're getting our first inter-company crossover with 'FFATSS'!

Riggs15382 got banned because he made a topic that had a huge flame war in it. These mods are disrespectful and annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"