Would you like to see an X-Men vs Avengers crossover movie?

Also, I'd hate for the MCU to get tainted with Mutant Paranoia Angst. The X-Men can be added to the MCU if and only if the creative minds in charge are willing to go to a story well *other* than "Normal people are psychotic monsters who will join hands in singing 'kill the mutie'".

Clearly, you have not seen footage of a Trump rally. Am I right? :sly:

I think it could be fun, but only after the new cast of the X-Men had a few films to settle. With that said, Marvel would never do this in a million years, I suspect.

Clearly, you have not seen footage of a Trump rally. Am I right? :sly:

I think it could be fun, but only after the new cast of the X-Men had a few films to settle. With that said, Marvel would never do this in a million years, I suspect.

You only mention Marvel so do you think Fox would? If so I'd disagree.

I think Fox might. Kinberg brought it up and there would be money to be made. Even if they are doing just fine on their own, a one-time deal with Avengers would finally give them an X-Men movie that makes over a billion. Sure, they would have to split the profits (but also the cost) with Disney. Then, however, they could go back to doing what they are doing with a whole lot more people potentially interested in the brand than they were a few years prior.

I'm thinking fox will team up with the mcu eventually. Idk how it'll work story wise, but I know I don't want alternate realities. deadpool can easily fit in with the mcu, he can just plainly explain the fox/marvel deal to the audience. But the x men are set in the past now.

Maybe some reality warping event happens that causes the x men to jump into the present day mcu reality, where they will remain

I almost don't want the x men at all in the mcu if they're only there temporarily before they return to their reality

All or nothing

I am totally just down for a reboot of the X Men in the MCU. Keep Deadpool, he doesn't need to be changed at all, he's so meta hell just explain any situation the studios are in.

Reboot everyone else and keep Deadpool. I think they will make more money if they're tied to the MCU and make appearances in those films

I'm thinking fox will team up with the mcu eventually. Idk how it'll work story wise, but I know I don't want alternate realities. deadpool can easily fit in with the mcu, he can just plainly explain the fox/marvel deal to the audience. But the x men are set in the past now.

Maybe some reality warping event happens that causes the x men to jump into the present day mcu reality, where they will remain

I almost don't want the x men at all in the mcu if they're only there temporarily before they return to their reality

All or nothing

Well if they are on some sort of alternate earth (which I would assume would be the way they would do it), there's no reason 1985 on that alternate earth couldn't match up with 2016 on the MCU earth. And/or if they're traversing some sort of worm-hole or inter-dimensional bridge to get from one to the other, there's no reason they couldn't travel in time during that journey as well.

As long as they're going to remain separate worlds (as I would expect and strongly advise) there shouldn't be any major continuity problems for either world.

Never in live action.

An animated DTV movie would be fun.
I've wanted to see it in animation forever. They came close to doing Ultimate Avengers vs X-Men but it was going to be pretty short like the two parts of Hulk vsn since Marvel didn't have the X-Men movie rights. Even getting to see the clash on Avengers EMH would have been great.

If I had my way, I'd want a TV14 animated mini-series but they wouldn't take a chance on something like that, and Marvel doesn't care about those characters as long as the rights are at Fox.

I am totally just down for a reboot of the X Men in the MCU. Keep Deadpool, he doesn't need to be changed at all, he's so meta hell just explain any situation the studios are in.

Reboot everyone else and keep Deadpool. I think they will make more money if they're tied to the MCU and make appearances in those films

The trick is the MCU would never make a Deadpool movie. He might get to go to Netflix, but even then he would have to sit on the bench every other year and wouldn't get to interact with the other X-Men.

Similarly, I don't think Feige would let the X-Men get as dark as they sometimes have in DOFP or dwell so much on the Holocaust or Cold War as they have done in previous films. Also, the "in the closet" subtexts would probably be dropped.

It is a tradeoff. I honestly am in no hurry for a reboot. But if they could figure out a way to explain realities merging for a crossover film? Sure. But I would want it to be after both Infinity War and apparently a cosmic Phoenix Saga (where the X-franchise is supposedly going after Apocalypse).That could be fun, though very unlikely.

Yes, and it can easily be done if the MCU and X-Men are in alternate universes.

The key to it all is Dr. Strange.

Yes, and it can easily be done if the MCU and X-Men are in alternate universes.

The key to it all is Dr. Strange.

To quote Yukio, "Interesting."

But an impossibility in all practicality. As a one shot, for kicks movie, yes, Dr. Strange can open a portal and connect the two universes for a big event movie.

There is a dream that maybe Fox and Marvel will cut and deal and have like Hugh Jackman so up in Infinity War Part 1 in a post credit scene as Thanos rips trough reality, and all this is kept under wraps and have fans freak out that the X-Men will be in Infinity War Part 2.

The only way this works is if Marvel cut a deal to have their own versions of the X-men but not stand alones. They already shared two diffrent Quicksilvers why not just continue to have different interpretations? Fox would still get a cut... everyone's happy.

Here's the hard part: integration of mutants into the MCU. I don't know how logistically it would work.

I think it makes even more sense now that the core team are teenagers in the past at Fox leaving Marvel to do older versions of the X-men.
I could see Tom Cruise(older)/ Josh Duhamel(mid-age younger) as Cyclops and Angela Bassett(older)/ Kerry Washington(mid-age younger) as Storm and Tom Hardy as Wolverine.

Last edited:
An Avengers/X-Men crossover movie would be really fun, but I don't see it working out well.

Avengers have been about protecting the Earth from threats native and foreign to it, incidentally creating half of the threats they had to fight, whether by direct or indirect causality. The mutants and X-Men have been about protecting themselves, only protecting the Earth when it means stopping something that could risk their own lives or their existence as they know it. As much as I love the X-Men, I cannot see them reconciling this stark difference in any meaningful way that looks good for all members involved.

No I don't think this would be a good idea. There'll be too many characters, and no-one will get enough screen-time leaving the whole thing feeling limp and forced

Guys, Isn't there now possibility of an X-Men V.s Avengers Film set in the MCU considering Inhumans is no longer part of Marvel's Slate?

Yes but only if it was completely rebooted the current X movies are garbage minus Deadpool after seeing what Marvel has done for Spidey I wish I could see what they would do for X-men.

Its a *huge* leap to take the Inhumans movie being delayed/cancelled to mean anything about Fox and X-Men at all. The movie was always the furthest out, least developed film on the roster.

The trick is the MCU would never make a Deadpool movie. He might get to go to Netflix, but even then he would have to sit on the bench every other year and wouldn't get to interact with the other X-Men.

Similarly, I don't think Feige would let the X-Men get as dark as they sometimes have in DOFP or dwell so much on the Holocaust or Cold War as they have done in previous films. Also, the "in the closet" subtexts would probably be dropped.

It is a tradeoff. I honestly am in no hurry for a reboot. But if they could figure out a way to explain realities merging for a crossover film? Sure. But I would want it to be after both Infinity War and apparently a cosmic Phoenix Saga (where the X-franchise is supposedly going after Apocalypse).That could be fun, though very unlikely.

I would agree with Deadpool, only now that it's been made and has been shown successful I think Marvel would be smart enough to let it continue to do it's own thing. However there is a difference between "doing it's own thing" and "using our toys". No chance Marvel would let Deadpool interact with an underaged Spidey in a meaningful way. They might allow passing references or a quick, single joke appearance but nothing that would be advertised as "including Spider-Man". And obviously any character they did use would come with a list of restrictions and their depiction would have to be in line with the rest of their character's appearances. So even if we got, say, Tony Stark in there it's not like he's going to be swearing and drinking and naked just because he's suddenly in an R rated film. He's going to be the same Tony as the other movies, just with Deadpool to make fun of him.

Plus, honestly, Deadpool isn't the best candidate for a Netflix series. It's not simply about being more "mature", it's also a choice of format. Netflix is very much in the spirit of limited-runs or collected trades where the in focus is on a single story arch, but each issue leads into that. The movies, then, are single issue events with that fun romp factor and the spectacle, but also the plot needs to be more self contained. There's potential for a character to do either, sure, but Deadpool is a character that really plays more towards the later. Although if he were absorbed into the MCU Deadpool would probably have the highest chance of any film of featuring the Netflix characters.

Although I also feel like the MCU outside of Netflix deal with a lot more mature subtext than it's generally credited for, it just tends to be overlooked or dismissed by a lot of people because of the lighter tones. Which is unfair, because mature isn't necessarily the polar opposite of lighthearted any more than heavy gore really equals mature. Besides that, though, the first new inhuman they find on Agents Of SHIELD happens to be a gay character who directly compares coming out of the closet to being open about his inhumanity so it's hard to say their mutants would completely erase that aspect.

Still, I really don't see a crossover working. It' just so many characters with so much information you would have to set up that it could only work as pure spectacle, and while a niche group of fans might love that and not question the inevitable cameos-in-place-of-characterization and plot holes wide enough to fit an alternative universe through I don't think you could sell the resulting product to a wide enough audience to justify the cost. And personally I just have no interest in seeing a film that's all flash (and likely not even well executed flash).

Yes but only if it was completely rebooted the current X movies are garbage minus Deadpool after seeing what Marvel has done for Spidey I wish I could see what they would do for X-men.

No they aren't... :whatever:

No they aren't... :whatever:

That's your opinion and I have my own I don't like the movies I don't find them to be exciting and I hate the characterization of most of the X-men just look at apocalypse mystique is leading the team give me a break.

PLEASE #SecretWars #WorldsCollide, and after the event just fuse the two worlds :D

I do love crossovers, but ultimately I have to say no because I don't think there's any way it could be done well.

I don't see a 'universes temporarily colliding' storyline actually being interesting enough to satisfy on the big screen.

I don't see the current x-men style characters ever fitting properly into the MCU or vice verse.

And, I've said this before and I still see no reason to change my mind, I don't think rebooting the X-Men as a part of the MCU would actually be good for the X-Men or the MCU. The X-men work best at the center of their own world, and the non-mutant characters work a lot better in a world without 'the mutant problem'.

Hm, well gotta respect that. I mean its easier to keep track of everything when there arent about a thousand different heroes running around. So I wouldnt mind if XMen dis stay seperate.

But I still wanna see a worlds collide type event just to see if they can pull it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"