Would you like to see an X-Men vs Avengers crossover movie?

That's your opinion and I have my own I don't like the movies I don't find them to be exciting and I hate the characterization of most of the X-men just look at apocalypse mystique is leading the team give me a break.

You know that she's been on X-teams before including The X-Men right. Nothing about her doing the same things she's done in the comics is "bad characterization" not to mention Singer inherited this Mystique from Vaughn it makes sense for her beginning storyarc he made her have.

Alot of people are tired of Mystique but lets be honest. If the worlds collide it'll kinda be a soft reboot for both universes.

All the past events in both CU's will still have happened but Marvel will have input. As will Feige. The characterization will prolly change a tad bit.

Only issue is, is Marvel willing to except the R Rated characters like Wolverine and Deadpool? They seem to have established a rather child friendly universe.

Yeah that would be the biggest hurdle as they tend to relegate the more mature material to Netflix which is very limiting imo. Deadpool is a cash cow that I think they would be too fearful of brand change to utilize to his full potential. Which I thought was the purpose of such mergers... to get more comic accurate portrayals.

True that, true that. I mean its not like out current Marvel films dont have deaths. And after seeing the success of Deadpool I dont think Marvel will be afraid to lmake an R-Rated film here and there when or if they get the rights back

True that, true that. I mean its not like out current Marvel films dont have deaths. And after seeing the success of Deadpool I dont think Marvel will be afraid to lmake an R-Rated film here and there when or if they get the rights back

Nah, they still wouldn't do it, theatrically at least.
Deadpool would be done the way they've done GOTG. Anything more "mature", for the moment, will be handled by Netflix.

Alot of people are tired of Mystique but lets be honest. If the worlds collide it'll kinda be a soft reboot for both universes.

It should be a full reboot not a soft one. Both franchises will have a dozen of films by the decade (MCU is at movie #14 by the end of the year) and there's already a lot of history, they cannot just include X-Men by not starting from scratch and act like mutants just existed now.

Now that Nathan Fillion has been cast as Simon Williams, I really want to see him in a buddy film alongside Kelsey Grammer.

Ugh, I don't care anymore. All I know is that I want this and I'm hoping for it. If not, oh well. Idrgaf one way or the other.

Also, I'd hate for the MCU to get tainted with Mutant Paranoia Angst. The X-Men can be added to the MCU if and only if the creative minds in charge are willing to go to a story well *other* than "Normal people are psychotic monsters who will join hands in singing 'kill the mutie'".

Then what's the point in bringing the X-Men into the MCU?! At it's core, the X-Men have and always will be about people who simply just want to be accepted into society, they represent disenfranchised people in any society. That's how they've been able to differentiate themselves from being just another run of the mill superhero team. If you remove that foundation, what's the point?

If you simply just want more superpowered people running around the MCU, just use the Inhumans.

Really? I have a hunch you will see zero Marvel movies rated R or with the tone of something like Deadpool or even The Wolverine coming anytime soon.

No. Not personally. And I dont think it's in anyway necessary to crossover X with A on film.

F4 on the other hand...

I would love it. It will be full of action. In fact i can't imagine the extent of action that can be fill up in the movie.

AvX made in MCU must focus on Pheonix
Jean was dead since years and phoenix entity is on going. X-men wants to save their friends but Avengers see that as a threat

I don't think you could make it without making at least all the Avengers look bad (particularly Captain America look bad and the Hulk nonsensical) but probably at least some of the X-Men (particularly Cyclops) look pretty bad too.

I think a New Avengers vs. X-Men (Fox Universe, picking up in the rebooted 2023 future established in the epilogue of DOFP) set against the backdrop of an incursion could be an ideal pivot from the Kang Dynasty.

While the heroes are caught up in conflict across the two worlds, Doctor Strange leads a small team to recruit Loki (the God of Team) and Wanda Maximoff (the Scarlett Witch) who is imprisoned in hell by Mephisto after the events of MoM.

AVENGERS
Captain American (Sam), Captain Marvel, Thor, Smart Hulk, She-Hulk, War Machine, Ant-Man, Wasp, & Shang-Chi

X-MEN
Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Phoenix, Beast, Binary, Rogue, Gambit, and Professor X

DOCTOR STRANGE TEAM
Doctor Strange, Clea, America Chavez, Deadpool, Loki, & Scarlet Witch

Not sure where I’d shove the Young Avengers, surely they’ll have some part in the upcoming films. Maybe they team with the New Mutants (a terrible movie, but some good actors) to help stop the fighting and present a better bath forward…

Still, even after the two team/universes unite, Doctor Strange arrives with his team to reveal the true threat:

Tony Stark of Earth-838 (Tom Cruise or RDJ), the last surviving member of the Illuminati: the Superior Iron Man. After Wanda slaughtered his world’s heroes, Stark was left alone to try to stave off an incursion and failed, leaving him without a world. So he found Doctor Strange’s reality and traveled here to seize control of Loki & Wanda’s power to rewrite reality.

Secret Wars then features Spider-Man (Tom
Holland) recruiting a team of Avengers (featuring characters / actors from all Marvel cinematic universes) to fight a facsimile of his mentor/father figure in this idyllic reality. Secret Wars would the have to end in a way where reality is once again reset/rebooted, giving the MCU a new status quo moving forward (and allowing the space for recasting, etc.). Because, as much as I love the Fox X-Men actors (for the most part), the MCU needs its own iteration of the mutants moving forward.

I haven't seen that film. How it would be resolved?
Preventing an assassination at a fashion show runway...so I think he's joking lol.

Anyway I do think there's potential for a movie like this...as long as it's not called Avengers vs X-Men. The comic wasn't that great, not that the MCU adapts these storylines exactly as they are anyway. I don't mind them having some type of altercation or fight in the 1st third of the movie but then it focuses on them teaming up for something else.

But I'm not interested in seeing a movie where the whole crux of it is just them fighting. It's one of the many issues I had with BvS. I wasn't interested in seeing Superman and Batman be at odds for 2+ hours, I just wanted a World's Finest movie.

Last edited:
Call it Avengers: Incursion, then keep part two as Avengets: Secret Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"